Clones?

Ms_Special

I may have gotten into a slight argument with someone over the rules of having multiple accounts.
She was spewing out things i've never heard like:
"You can have a clone account /only/ if it is one of the opposite gender."
...What? How is that any different than me having two girl accounts? It didn't make sense
"You aren't allowed to take over someone else's account as your main account."
...Why? If they are quitting and are willing to give me their beautiful day one account, that i am able to change the email on and the character's name, WHY is this an issue?
"You can't play games on your clone account."
I just don't understand this rule in general. How am I doing any harm by playing games on my clone..It is still my time and effort being put into the credits, it honestly shouldnt matter what account im on. I personally like to use my clone as my save account and my main as my spend, just so I am not tempted to burn a hole through my virtual pocket.

So I guess my question here is: What are the rules on having multiple accounts?
And if there are rules against any of the above, why are they not on a readily accessible page for all members to see?
I would prefer to hear ACTUAL rules, not your opinions. (no offense,bc if it was up to me, everyone could have as many accounts as they want because what you do in your free time doesn't affect me whatsoever)
By actual I would like to see this in writing; not as something you /heard/ from Amy or any of the staff. People tend to ~hear~ a lot of obscure things from Amy that are clearly not factual.
Thank you!

Chill

I also would like to see the official rules regarding clones because I've met a lot of people who openly have clones yet I haven't seen any official ruling about it. It's a very confusing topic.

She is right about the opposite gender rule. You can have an opposite gender clone so that you are able to buy gender specific clothing.

I haven't heard about taking over someone else account so I don't know what the rules are for that.

And I believe you are allowed to play mini games with your opposite gender clone in order to gain credits and buy opposite gender clothing.

What you can't do is use your clone to ride rides in order to get double the SITS pins or put your clone through a host event in order to get more than one prize.

This topic has been touched on several times. When the game first opened, the rule was 2 accounts per email or something like that. However, the rule wasn't enforced so people made tons of accounts. (number 1 reason why there are so many mickey ear hats)
Later, they decided to rule out cloning all-together and they started taking away items that were obtained by cloning. IMO, if they wanted to enforce a rule on clones, they needed to do it from day 1.

Ms_Special

She is right about the opposite gender rule. You can have an opposite gender clone so that you are able to buy gender specific clothing.

I haven't heard about taking over someone else account so I don't know what the rules are for that.

And I believe you are allowed to play mini games with your opposite gender clone in order to gain credits and buy opposite gender clothing.

What you can't do is use your clone to ride rides in order to get double the SITS pins or put your clone through a host event in order to get more than one prize.
Would love to see the source on this because right now this seems like a general opinion to me.

Last edited:

iamabigdisfan

I have 2 clones, a male and female. There is another game where some have up to 1000 clones, use cheat engines or script for the game, and ruin the game for others during events. I have seen those people on myvmk and no longer have seen them since the clone rules were put into place. I like the idea of limited clones on myvmk. It gives everyone the opportunity to enjoy host events.

Ms_Special

I tried to find the thread about it with the rules, but cannot find it
My point being: these rules are not readily available therefore should not be enforced until everyone has access to them at any given time.
Thank you for searching for the thread! I really appreciate people trying to help with the issue.

Ms_Special

I have 2 clones, a male and female. There is another game where some have up to 1000 clones, use cheat engines or script for the game, and ruin the game for others during events. I have seen those people on myvmk and no longer have seen them since the clone rules were put into place. I like the idea of limited clones on myvmk. It gives everyone the opportunity to enjoy host events.
I will say, Amy and the entire staff have been doing a wonderful job on cracking down on bots and scripts being used. Kudos to all the hard work they have put into the community thus far and continue to put in.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
Ah yes, I have been wondering the same thing! I hate when there are noticeable clones in games such as falling chairs/cute or boot/etc, as well as host events.

Jasmine

I think the only rule we know for sure about clones is that we're allowed to have an opposite gender clone. Anything else anyone tells you is purely speculation, because nothing else has really been said about clone rules. (Other than not using your clone to "gain an advantage" on your main account, but I don't think that's really enforced and it's not exactly well explained - for example, no one has ever actually specified what counts as an "advantage". Some think having a clone ride the rides is one, while others don't.)

Fotogirl

I have one clone of the opposite gender that I play to earn credits on and get gender specific clothing. I also have a character created that I don't consider a clone. That character has the name of my toon from old vmk. I don't play on that character but I did not want someone else to have the ability to make a character with my old vmk title. I sign in with it about once a week and get npc credits only so it will not be deleted as inactive.

Here are the official staff rules regarding scripting and hacking.

There was an official thread regarding clones from [MENTION=4]Grizzly[/MENTION] (I believe) but I've looked everywhere (announcements, archives, all threads started by Grizzly) and it seems to no longer exist. I don't have photos of the thread, unfortunately.

My take is: sharing accounts can be done but frowned upon. If something goes wrong, staff are not obliged to help.
Multiple-accounts at the same time should not be allowed.
Two accounts when not playing simultaneously should be allowed.
Trading accounts should be frowned upon, and staff have no obligation to help in the case of scamming.
As long as you don't use a clone to give you an unfair advantage it should be ok.