MyVMK Community Demographic

What Age Group Do You Currently Fall Under?

• 12 and under

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 13-17

Votes: 96 24.9%
  • 18-21

Votes: 190 49.2%
  • 22-30

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • 31-35

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 36-45

Votes: 21 5.4%
  • 46 and up

Votes: 41 10.6%

• Total voters

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
Tbh people complain about the B word all the time, so why is Dolan's such a big deal? She was upset about it and she wanted to justify it. Everyone complains about theirs, why is Dolan's any different? Just because she acts weird doesn't mean that she is a bad person, or get's banned repeatedly. Why did this turn into such a big ordeal??[DOUBLEPOST=1414199467][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wasn't aware the staff was asking too much of us to not spit the f-bomb (among other words, I'm using an example) for the sake of the few children who play this game. Like, oh woe is me I can't use a cuss word because children have every right to play a Disney MMO game. That's so unfair.
Noone was spitting out the F-bomb though, or among other words. There was another word for fart said, no one dropped any extremely bad words. LOL if you don't know whats even happening don't comment with smart allic, attacking remarks. Like I said, she was upset, and like any other person normally does on this game she was trying to get unbanned. I don't understand why her case is any different than any one else's LOL. If you don't like the thread don't comment.

Last edited:
Babushka here with some insightful opinion

~ alot ~

Alright I think what Dolan is trying to get across here is that the MAJORITY of the players are at mature ages. Not that we should be allowed to go around spewing curses like uncivilized folk such as the anteaters. My opinion here is that the rules should stay in place because I do get that there are children on the game at times but if a couple people are in a room with two or so other friends and one or two things are said, it shouldn't be a big deal to just let it go. I just think its a little strict for a game with a majority of players who are older, not that the rules should be revoked. However, the forums, I'm fairly sure there are even less kids than the small amount on the game and a 16+ forum or 16+ chat room would be a sufficient way to allow older people to have a bit more liberation as it is a 16+ majority and I believe Dolan is right in that we should be catered to more. It's just very often I see people getting in trouble for things that I view as kinda dumb to get in trouble for due to staff trying to keep everything kid-friendly and I feel that a place for people to feel less limited would solve a lot of problems.

~MyVMK's Favorite Russian Grandma OUT~

Last edited:

dolan

acnl enthusiast
Babushka here with some insightful opinion

~ alot ~

Alright I think what Dolan is trying to get across here is that the MAJORITY of the players are at mature ages. Not that we should be allowed to go around spewing curses like uncivilized folk such as the anteaters. My opinion here is that the rules should stay in place because I do get that there are children on the game at times but if a couple people are in a room with two or so other friends and one or two things are said, it shouldn't be a big deal to just let it go. I just think its a little strict for a game with a majority of players who are older, not that the rules should be revoked. However, the forums, I'm fairly sure there are even less kids than the small amount on the game and a 16+ forum or 16+ chat room would be a sufficient way to allow older people to have a bit more liberation as it is a 16+ majority and I believe Dolan is right in that we should be catered to more.

~MyVMK's Favorite Russian Grandma OUT~
thank u yes this is wat i was trying to say

Emelon

they are. and i was 11 at the time.
but again, that was then. the majority of the base are people that played during the orignal run. and unless you were a fetus at time, you're most likely going to be over 16 years old.
but yes, some little kids do find their way on here, and while we should abstain from cussing/inappropriate things for not only them but the comfort of everyone, in the end those kids are going to see things on the internet and that's the parents' fault for allowing their very young child to have unsupervised computer time, aka, we should be able to say butt in game.
This is a point that I think most people overlook yet it still has value. One person asked the question, if it were your kid playing, wouldn't you want to feel comfortable that they are part of a safe environment? Tbh, I wouldn't feel comfortable allowing my child to freely roam the internet anyway, until they were at an appropriate age where they could process more mature content (saying butt, fart, suck, etc) without it being a problem. There are a lot of things that children are being exposed to nowadays that parents allow that I personally would never allow my child to participate in or be around. Whether or not we continue to maintain this high level of a filtered kid-friendly environment, kids are already going to be exposed to all these "damaging" elements at school, at home, and in other internet escapades outside of MyVMK. That doesn't necessarily mean remaining somewhat kid-friendly isn't worth it, but we've already established that most people who play this game are well past the age where there is a need for filtering and moderation to the extreme or slightly less extreme that VMK had. It's nice that the few children who play this game are being catered to, but I would appreciate if at some point the older population was provided options that cater to us as well.

dolan

acnl enthusiast
This is a point that I think most people overlook yet it still has value. One person asked the question, if it were your kid playing, wouldn't you want to feel comfortable that they are part of a safe environment? Tbh, I wouldn't feel comfortable allowing my child to freely roam the internet anyway, until they were at an appropriate age where they could process more mature content (saying butt, fart, suck, etc) without it being a problem. There are a lot of things that children are being exposed to nowadays that parents allow that I personally would never allow my child to participate in or be around. Whether or not we continue to maintain this high level of a filtered kid-friendly environment, kids are already going to be exposed to all these "damaging" elements at school, at home, and in other internet escapades outside of MyVMK. That doesn't necessarily mean remaining somewhat kid-friendly isn't worth it, but we've already established that most people who play this game are well past the age where there is a need for filtering and moderation to the extreme or slightly less extreme that VMK had. It's nice that the few children who play this game are being catered to, but I would appreciate if at some point the older population was provided options that cater to us as well.
SAME

gravebound

not actually a grave
thank you, that was worded beautifully. i agree completely.
altho, i doubt butt and fart are mature content :P

There was another word for fart said, no one dropped any extremely bad words. LOL if you don't know whats even happening don't comment with smart allic, attacking remarks. Like I said, she was upset, and like any other person normally does on this game she was trying to get unbanned. I don't understand why her case is any different than any one else's LOL. If you don't like the thread don't comment.
Wow... maybe they are trying to understand and quite honestly I haven't seen anyone comment with smart-alec, attacking remarks except for yours. This thread is public for anyone to post on. Either explain yourselves properly or don't go mad when others don't seem to get the point.

I first thought this thread was about the general demographic and not about catering for immature adults. So what, really, is the point of this thread? General demographics just because of curiosity, or to get ammunition to overturn a personal ban, or to convince the staff that this game should be geared to an older audience??

We all modify our behaviour depending on who we are with. The only time we are the "real me" is with very close friends but we all change when in front of parents, teachers, work boss, work colleagues, police, etc etc etc so why is it so difficult to modify our behaviour in a family game? Just because there are only "3" kids playing NOW does not mean that there will only be "3" in the future. If the makers of MyVMK are planning on being around for a very long time (fingers crossed) then now is the time to keep it family-friendly rather than trying to backpeddle later on.

My view is simple... play as though a younger family member, a parent or boss might walk in on you at any time, you won't go far wrong. Being mature means recognising when/where/time to modify the "real you" and when it is fine to express it in all its glory, it has nothing to do with actual chronological age. If you want to express the "real you" then try another social platform that caters for adults.

If I have missed the true purpose of this thread then please enlighten me, but I don't think I have.

Killjoy

#1 on sta ff target list
Wow... maybe they are trying to understand and quite honestly I haven't seen anyone comment with smart-alec, attacking remarks except for yours. This thread is public for anyone to post on. Either explain yourselves properly or don't go mad when others don't seem to get the point.

I first thought this thread was about the general demographic and not about catering for immature adults. So what, really, is the point of this thread? General demographics just because of curiosity, or to get ammunition to overturn a personal ban, or to convince the staff that this game should be geared to an older audience??

We all modify our behaviour depending on who we are with. The only time we are the "real me" is with very close friends but we all change when in front of parents, teachers, work boss, work colleagues, police, etc etc etc so why is it so difficult to modify our behaviour in a family game? Just because there are only "3" kids playing NOW does not mean that there will only be "3" in the future. If the makers of MyVMK are planning on being around for a very long time (fingers crossed) then now is the time to keep it family-friendly rather than trying to backpeddle later on.

My view is simple... play as though a younger family member, a parent or boss might walk in on you at any time, you won't go far wrong. Being mature means recognising when/where/time to modify the "real you" and when it is fine to express it in all its glory, it has nothing to do with actual chronological age. If you want to express the "real you" then try another social platform that caters for adults.

If I have missed the true purpose of this thread then please enlighten me, but I don't think I have.
But like I wasn't even talking to you... I was talking to the person that I quoted, and they did respond with a smart allic remark LOL so like I said, if you don't like it/ don't know what's going on don't reply! :D

Dolan...there r quite a lot of children who play...just because they are not responding to your post does NOT mean they do not exist. They may not have an account on here or maybe their parents told them not to tell people actually how old they are as a safety precaution. I for one am a parent myself (yes I voted and yes I am old) and I have 3 children who play and I wouldnt want them answering this survey OR coming into contact with some of the stuff that I have actually seen on MyVMK from people who think the rules are too hefty. Staff wants to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience on MyVMK. VMK rules and regs were much more stringent then they are here. We had a HUGE dictionary we could not say. While I do love the freedom to be able to talk more, I do appreciate the rules put into place for everyone to be able to enjoy a safe and friendly environment!

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
soo. anyways. besides everyone stating their opinions on language policy...
lets all take a moment to remember that most of us are in our 18 - 20s range and still play a kids game...
isn't that what its all about? haha.

yea but there are very rarely any actual children who play the game and imo its kind of ridiculous to cater to those few children who MIGHT be playing when the majority of the population who regularly plays is much older
soo. anyways. besides everyone stating their opinions on language policy...
lets all take a moment to remember that most of us are in our 18 - 20s range and still play a kids game...
isn't that what its all about? haha.
LOL I know a ton of people who are well above your age range :)...actually most of my friends fit this catagory of well above 30 range.