POTC Bugs.

Lost

These are the bugs I've noticed so far.

NEW:
- Joining a game after it has started
- You can start a game with uneven teams if someone joins or leaves a split second before you start.
-Sometimes you can have 2 health left and be hit by 1 ammo and die. It's kind of the reverse of the living with 0 health, you seem to die with 1 health.
--
- IF YOU ARE ZOMBIED AND GO IN A GAME, YOU CANT SPEAK ALL GAME -.-
- I can't tell if it's due to lag or the servers but the first few games I played were so smooth but recently it's being very clunky. You move forward and the lag moves you backwards.
- On the same note. Sometimes your ship goes hyper speed after a lag spike. Slow boats end up going really fast, as do all ships. Happened a few times. Makes it impossible to play.
- If you say an emote in-game then it stays above your head permanently.
- At the end of the round collisions are turned off and you sail through anything
- You can be alive with 0 health

- 5 people can join a team in the lobby and break a game.

- If you leave a fireworks game early and get glitched then you won't be able to load a POTC game and will have to relog.

- Person who create game can't use the middle button to change teams

- This was a VMK bug but some walls you can run into and get permanently stuck.

- One game the last alive on the enemy team killed me but I had one team mate alive and I had shot ammo, which in tern killed the enemy after I died and the game ended after that round (first round)

- Sometimes round 2 or 3 doesn't load. The map for the round loads but the boats don't load and so you're stuck and have to relog.

- The exit button in a game doesn't work. It just gets rid of the bar and you are stuck in the game still.

- Sometimes you just randomly start gliding off screen mid round and have to relog. Much like at the end of the round where you can't click and collisions are off, the clock stops and you have no control.

- Sometimes when starting a game the first round won't load and will be stuck waiting for players meaning you have to relog.

MISSING:

- Gold fireballs which were rare (once a round?) and could kill someone with 1 piece of ammo.
- If you shot someone with more bullets than you needed to kill them then you would steal not just half their points, but all their points.
- Highscores
- Cant add AIs (This will be tough tbh)
- Not enough ammo spawns in some rounds (should be slightly less health and more ammo)
- When you explode no fire goes off. (This is used to kill alive people who you may have almost killed and is random, you can get 1 fireball or 15 sometimes)
- Kraken

Last edited:

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Also:

Sometimes controls stop working and peoples ships just drift off the screen

Sometimes initially when starting the game, it just gets stuck on "Waiting for all players to enter"

As for the missing items, to add to your list:

The gold cannonballs, in addition to being rare during the game, was the only ammo that appeared during "sudden death" (instead of just giving the team with the most points the victory in the event of a tie)

The kraken, which would attack ships that have not moved after an extended period of time.

Also Also:

The original maps that came way before these maps that had the magical moonlight that made you invisible when you passed through it, the kraken that would attack players at random and the magical whirlpools.

But since this is the only picture that exists, I doubt that'll ever happen xD

Love the game so far, it's everything I had hoped and incredibly fun!

PlayerOne

Also Also:

The original maps that came way before these maps that had the magical moonlight that made you invisible when you passed through it, the kraken that would attack players at random and the magical whirlpools.

To be fair thats a different Pirates game, from when VMK first opened.

Lost

Also Also:

Well I was only including this version missing things lol.

I believe Amy said once she may be able to recreate it just like classic fireworks. Maybe one day :)

Well I was only including this version missing things lol.

I believe Amy said once she may be able to recreate it just like classic fireworks. Maybe one day :)
Haha no we don't need the old version, I just wanted to add an "Also Also" but you guys pretty much covered everything.

I hope they add gold cannonballs back. I'd prefer it than having to wait an entire round because neither team is able to kill the other. I think it would make the game quicker and more challenging. :thumbsup:

Lost

Haha no we don't need the old version, I just wanted to add an "Also Also" but you guys pretty much covered everything.
I want it D:

I hope they add gold cannonballs back. I'd prefer it than having to wait an entire round because neither team is able to kill the other. I think it would make the game quicker and more challenging. :thumbsup:
Nothing more frustrating than watching people with no ammo running round for 2 minutes and getting like 1 ammo and shooting from across the map x( We need gold ammo! :P (I heard it wasn't working atm tho)

Cat

Okay this was the most peculiar thing. I get into the game and I can't talk. Literally everything I say translates to 'zombie speak'. "Guys help me" ---> "raaawr brains". I guess I got zombified right before I entered the game? It was stuck the whole time, and I still couldn't talk even after I got out of the game.
I don't *think* I got 'zombied' before entering, but I guess I could be wrong.

If you are a person who knows about this glitch, and is purposely zombifying people, please stop.

PlayerOne

Nothing more frustrating than watching people with no ammo running round for 2 minutes and getting like 1 ammo and shooting from across the map x( We need gold ammo! :P (I heard it wasn't working atm tho)
Yeah. It's like hey, no ammo, let me fire the first one i get while the other person is on the other side of the map >_<

Lost

Yeah. It's like hey, no ammo, let me fire the first one i get while the other person is on the other side of the map >_<
Glad to know I'm not the only one who cries when this happens :P

Collisions are turning off mid round and you glide off the map and have to refresh a lot more. Happened like 3 games in a row just now

PlayerOne

To be honest just had like 5-6 games in a row where some game-breaking bug forces me to relog (either empty map freezing at beginning of round or ships drifting apart)

Hope they're fixed soon!

PlayerOne

Also not sure if its a bug (I don't know if it happens in other mini games) but in-game announcements appear while playing, which can mess some people up.

Cat

I'm also pretty sure that what's causing the inability to load into the next map, is due to a person leaving in between rounds. This is just what I've observed, so I'm not 100%. So if you want to rage quit, don't. And if you have to go afk for a second, just sit there and float. Or you know, don't play at all if you're just going to leave. Otherwise everyone else has to completely x out and log back in, and the game is completely lost.

A bug I noticed:
I joined a 3 vs 3 game right at the last second as they were apparently leaving to start the game, and I was taken with them making it a 4 vs 3 game. Game played just like any other game though, just with uneven amount of players.