GBGR Contest (Godric's Best Guest Room Contest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past couple months, not only myself but many builders I have talked to have been extremely frustrated with the BGR Contest due to lack of knowledge of how the BGR Contest is conducted. Many people including myself have expressed their feelings of how they had spent so much time and effort creating such an extravagant room that they were extremely proud of, only to figure that their room probably wasn't ever considered for BGR. It isn't out of jealousy directed at the BGR winners (who made extravagant rooms and earned their titles) that these people have expressed their feelings. It is only out of the fact that people want to know their room was actually considered. This is the sole reason as to which I have decided to make a BGR Contest of my own conducting. It will be similar to the original BGR Contest system where you actually submit your room for the contest. There are four differences and they are as follows...

1) Instead of using e-mail to submit your entry, you will simply do so on this thread (Include your in-game username, the title and description of your room, and a picture of your room). I understand that submitting entries via this thread may lead to copying of ideas but I can assure you it will not be a problem. Anybody who blatantly steals the idea of another will not be given the opportunity to win the contest, because why should they?
2) I realize that not everyone who plays MyVMK is involved on the forums. For this reason, I will allow and strongly encourage people to enter another's room as long as the room owner has given consent for the kind hearted person to do so.
3) Pixels may be visible. You will not be disqualified if I can see them. Just make sure you aren't using too many... ;)
4) You must leave your room open for the judges to come and view the room. This will allow us to differentiate rooms to a greater extent.

Other than that, the guidelines will remain the same as the original BGR Contest system and are as follows...

4) Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST of the 27th day of the month (I don't know if this was precisely the timing of the original rule but it is the same idea and will give me a few days to choose the winner).
5) Only one room entry per person per month. If you submit a room early on and decide you would like to change your submission to another room later on before the deadline, you may. Just make sure I'm aware of it of course. If you do in fact change your submission and I don't get back to you in time before the deadline, as long as your message was sent before the deadline, you are good.
6) You may re-enter a room if you would like. I recall PirateStew won the original BGR Contest with a re-submission and it was completely justifiable. Chances are a re-submission won't best the first-time entries, but it may in fact happen.
7) There will be a few judges for the contest (this is still being worked out). As of right now, the judges are: @Littlebelle @Goofyono, @Best_Blonde, and myself.

It is important to note that these guidelines are not set in stone due to the fact this contest is brand new. Guidelines may be altered/added as time goes on. If you feel like anything is unfair about this competition, please let me know via PM and I will consider what you have to say because I want people to feel that it is fair.

Now onto the prize. The winner of each month's GBGR Contest will receive...

1) 2 Fire Walls.
2) 10k (from @Best_Blonde)

I realize this isn't much compared to the actual BGR contest, but I don't have unlimited Castle Suites and all that other good stuff to give you. In fact, I don't even have one Castle Suite, and I'm doing this voluntarily anyways, so 2 Fire Walls it is. All you have to do is enter your room (which will take you a few minutes) and at the end of the month, you may have 2 Fire Walls (which can get you a lot in this games messed up economy...). In most cases, the two Fire Walls will cover all of the expenses of your room. Basically you would have built an extravagant room free of charge!

With all that being said, I would like to wish everyone good luck for the first ever GBGR Contest!!!

Last edited:

Novatimo

Nova the Mack
IGN: Novatimo
Title: The Enchanted Forest
Description: Through the forest clearing lays a secluded tribe, whose chief has casted a spell on the river, making it glisten like the stars above.

:lol::awright:

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 9.42.26 PM.png

Nnilak

I really enjoy this idea and your willingness to give people a pretty good prize!
I'll enter my room :)

Ingame Username: Nnilak
Title of room: Candyland
Description: Come spend some fun times in the magical land of sweetness! The bright, fun colors, tasty waterfall, and cotton candy floors make this the perfect place for any sweet tooth to hang out!

I really enjoy this idea and your willingness to give people a pretty good prize!
I'll enter my room :)
And I appreciate all the time and effort people spend to build such great rooms :) 2 Firewalls a month to see all the spectacular rooms being made is a bargain to be honest :)

PudgeTheFish

Couldn't have said it better.. My room isn't very good due to it not being very creative, but i spent TONS of money and time on the room and wished that I could have had a chance (3 months in a row).... Here is my entry :3..

Having others nominate your room is a great idea :) &&Can you just run the official BGR competition?
Thanks and I would if they'd let me lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1428027869][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh! Are there multiple judges??^^^^^^^^
I am planning on getting a few more judges. I have not talked to these few people yet as I just thought of the idea for this thing about an hour ago and they haven't been online during this time. Details on that will be released within the coming days.

Updated with a bit more information. I am logging for the night but feel free to leave a message if you need to contact me :)

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
It is important to me that your room be open so I can visit it. As I think the biggest problem is you can not tell the feel of the room just through a picture. Sometimes animation can take an average room to something very special. So I will be visiting all rooms listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.