Announcing: New MyVMK Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

Head Administrator
I figured I'd announce this properly now since I'm enjoying it and I'm almost definitely going to finish it! Right now I'm working on a new client for MyVMK. I'll be posting updates in this thread for the development. The client works on any Desktop, Android, and anything else that has WebGL support (I think there's something that supports it on iOS but I'm not 100 sure on that). I'll just leave some images from the current development here. I just added chat bubbles (yes I know they're too low).

Keep in mind that all rooms are animated! :)

Higher screenshots are NEWER (so graphical errors in earlier screenshots that aren't in the higher ones are fixed):

So yeah, I'm posting this as a more official way to post my progress. If you have any suggestions for things in the client to change, now would be the time. Any little issues you've ever had with the way VMK is set up, or any ways to make it work better on a mobile device. Any kind of suggestions are welcome! It'll be completely compatible with the original client and server (meaning people who use this can play with people who are using the original).

Amy

Head Administrator

Amy

Head Administrator
Currently the performance is much better than the Shockwave version. One of the videos I posted shows a room full of avatars spinning around faster than Cursed Storm at once with the FPS staying at 60 (the limit).

What's the point of this? and why are their noses messed up?
I explained that... so you can use it on other devices... the other points are so the mac issues don't occur anymore, to improve performance, and to get rid of Shockwave (and all the problems that come with it). The noses aren't messed up, that's how the actual images look. Shockwave is doing something to them (pretty sure it's unintentional!).

Amy

Head Administrator
I see. Is this your main focus right now or are you still trying to get more mini-games working?
My main focus is whatever I feel like doing at the time... I haven't been working on this for long at all.

Amy

Head Administrator
That's not how the noses looked in VMK and on the side view of avatars you cant even see noses.
The side view is a bug... and if it is a bug (the different noses, not missing ones) in the original (which I'll be checking) I won't be simulating it.

EITHER WAY you don't need to point this stuff out when I've been working on this for such a short amount of time...

Peaches

i have no gender & i must scream
It looks and sounds great! But I have to wonder, when you say use it on other devices, you're saying small devices like phones too? Won't the text be small and hard to read? Regardless, this is gonna be nice for tablet users!

Katastrophe

bmth. sws. ptv. om&m. <3
Amy, does that mean people who play the original do not get the same experience as the ones who play the new client? Or to play the new client you have to make a new account to get all the benefits of it? And are we going to lose all our stuff if we do so?

Amy

Head Administrator
Amy, does that mean people who play the original do not get the same experience as the ones who play the new client? Or to play the new client you have to make a new account to get all the benefits of it? And are we going to lose all our stuff if we do so?
Anyone can use the new client or the old client and both will be the same (excluding unimplemented features on either side).

Also in regards to the nose thing, icon, you didn't read my post properly. I said the noses in the ORIGINAL are bugged (or could be, but I think they are, I still have to check). If it's the original that's wrong (due to Shockwave) and not the images or lack of an ink filter, then the noses will never be "fixed" because the problem was shockwave.

Katastrophe

bmth. sws. ptv. om&m. <3
Anyone can use the new client or the old client and both will be the same (excluding unimplemented features on either side).

Also in regards to the nose thing, icon, you didn't read my post properly. I said the noses in the ORIGINAL are bugged (or could be, but I think they are, I still have to check). If it's the original that's wrong (due to Shockwave) and not the images or lack of an ink filter, then the noses will never be "fixed" because the problem was shockwave.
So to use the new one you have to make a new account? Or use your login from the original? Will all the items be the same on both? I don't think it would be fair if there was different releases on both clients, just my opinion. ._.

Amy

Head Administrator
So to use the new one you have to make a new account? Or use your login from the original? Will all the items be the same on both? I don't think it would be fair if there was different releases on both clients, just my opinion. ._.
It's the same for both... you can be talking to someone in one client who is using the other... Item releases etc will be the same on both...

Katastrophe

bmth. sws. ptv. om&m. <3
It's the same for both... you can be talking to someone in one client who is using the other... Item releases etc will be the same on both...
Oh okay. (: I'm exited to see the new one. You do great work, Amy. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.