Feedback on our Forums Newsletter

Hello all!

In an effort to keep the Forums newsletter up to date and fun for everyone, I wanted to ask for the forum member's feedback/opinions on our newsletter and see if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for new activities or anything that could be done to the newsletter to improve it! Feel free to comment below your opinions, and we might just use one of your ideas for a new section of the newsletter!

Thank you all in advance! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a small and rather odd thing, but perhaps the graphics for each section of the newsletter could be placed outside the spoiler, as opposed to inside it? I think that it would make it pop a little bit more as opposed to having the bland look of just spoilers as the body of the newsletter. Also, another nit picky thing, but i've noticed that since the "Name the Disney Character" section has been added, it seems to be getting easier, that is using more known characters and just a full picture of them. I suggest only using obscure Disney characters who's names are harder to remember (sort of how this weeks is) and or use mainstream characters, but zoom in or pixelate them so its harder to tell who, thus adding a challenge to it! Otherwise, I think you and all the forum staff do a great job on the newsletters and I look forward to any changes you make to it! :)

EDIT: I thought of this right after I posted it, but if perhaps there could be a graphic at the top with the theme, like the games newsletter is, I think that would really make it all pop out more!

This is a small and rather odd thing, but perhaps the graphics for each section of the newsletter could be placed outside the spoiler, as opposed to inside it? I think that it would make it pop a little bit more as opposed to having the bland look of just spoilers as the body of the newsletter. Also, another nit picky thing, but i've noticed that since the "Name the Disney Character" section has been added, it seems to be getting easier, that is using more known characters and just a full picture of them. I suggest only using obscure Disney characters who's names are harder to remember (sort of how this weeks is) and or use mainstream characters, but zoom in or pixelate them so its harder to tell who, thus adding a challenge to it! Otherwise, I think you and all the forum staff do a great job on the newsletters and I look forward to any changes you make to it! :)

EDIT: I thought of this right after I posted it, but if perhaps there could be a graphic at the top with the theme, like the games newsletter is, I think that would really make it all pop out more!
Thank you! We will work on those things for our future newsletters! If there is anything else you or anyone else can think of, or if you have any ideas for an activity feel free to comment! :)

I had another thought about something I miss being in the forums newsletter! I think it would be nice to bring back the staff bio section, but as opposed to it being the same questions every time, make them different. Such as make them relevant to each months theme, or something going on at the time it is being written. Seeing as we don't know who they actually are, this could be a way of getting to know them better, while remaining anonymous!

Nicoleasaurus

Princess Nicole
I think adding a silly little poll in each newsletter could be fun! Like not something serious, but something related to the month maybe or related to things happening outside the game.

For example, in september, there could be something about are you excited to go back to school, or something silly like "if the zombie apocalypse happens, what superpower would you want" or something like that. It could be fun.

I love that you took some of the suggestions on this thread into account for the new edition of the newsletter! It looks wonderful! :D
Love the new newsletter! It looks so much better just in general! It really shows that you all put in work on it this month (not that you didn't before just it shows even if you don't read it) and I love you implimented the meet the staff! Great job :)
Thank you both of you! We are trying our best to improve each newsletter so we can include all of your ideas! :)

Cuban

Honestly you guys do an AMAZING job with keeping up with the forums. The newsletter is extremely well thought out and keeps the community involved on the current happenings in game. Not much I would change, but if I could think of anything I will 100% let you know!

Honestly you guys do an AMAZING job with keeping up with the forums. The newsletter is extremely well thought out and keeps the community involved on the current happenings in game. Not much I would change, but if I could think of anything I will 100% let you know!
Thank you so much! We try to make it so the players can be involved as much as possible! :)

Something I have really enjoyed in the past were the different games hosted that resulted in a medal win for forums (such as april fools day and the fourth of july). Something I think that could totally be cool would be to implement something like this on a monthly basis, and have it run all month, resulting in maybe 10 people winning the medal at the end of the month. Things such as story contests, or just tell us your favorite halloween memory could be great starting points. This would also introduce some new medals that are more rare into the forums and provide a new way for players to interact. Just a few thoughts, as I love having forum medals!

Something I have really enjoyed in the past were the different games hosted that resulted in a medal win for forums (such as april fools day and the fourth of july). Something I think that could totally be cool would be to implement something like this on a monthly basis, and have it run all month, resulting in maybe 10 people winning the medal at the end of the month. Things such as story contests, or just tell us your favorite halloween memory could be great starting points. This would also introduce some new medals that are more rare into the forums and provide a new way for players to interact. Just a few thoughts, as I love having forum medals!
Great idea! We'll look into it :)

I agree, you all are doing great. Thank you!
Thank you!

Not sure if someone suggested this already, but I remember this every time I participate in the newsletter!

Instead of emailing the answers, what if there was a link to a Google Form and we filled out those instead of emails every newsletter? Would that be less work than having to create an email and title it correctly?

Not sure if someone suggested this already, but I remember this every time I participate in the newsletter!

Instead of emailing the answers, what if there was a link to a Google Form and we filled out those instead of emails every newsletter? Would that be less work than having to create an email and title it correctly?
We'll discuss it! It isn't much work for us, but it could help with remembering to put your username in the e-mail!

Thanks for the feedback :halcyon: