pay to play rooms

Whispered

Look, there is no reason they should be banned.

However - there should be some rules on how they operate. Have them create a forum post describing the odds, and showing how they're calculated. Etc.

Fiyero

Plus some hosts become known for hosting stuff.. if those types were to charge lets say, to refund whatever they charge as they seem to never have time to earn credits, because they spend it hosting.. I see that as fair, and as a gesture of support from people who enjoy the effort.
I don't agree with this as all. A mandatory charge to play or come in the guest room is not okay. Hosts of these rooms should be doing this because they like it, not to get a gain out of it, or replace their credits. However, I would have no problem donating to the host if they had a game/room that I really like. I've done it before as a thank you. But it should be a donation/thank you system, not a mandatory charge.

Take hungrybear for example. He hosts tons of games and contests, and expects nothing in return but people enjoying themselves and getting items. Imagine if he came in a room doing one of his say the phrase contests and when you won, he expected an item from you as well for being allowed to participate, before you got your item? Doesn't seem that right...

----------------

As for the main idea of the thread, I agree with the OP. I'm not for pay to play at all. Young children and unsuspecting individuals could be easily taken advantage of. Especially if they didn't know what was rare or not. Easy way to manipulate people into giving half your inventory for a super rare green pixel..

Ranch

not to get a gain out of it, or replace their credits.
You missed my point. I've never operated this way, but I've seen players who were verbal about having a door charge to have some kind of revenue, and like you and many others who liked what these type people came up with, I would probably pay/donate to their effort as I have in the past.

Peaches

i have no gender & i must scream
You were on another thread preaching about not stating your age to prevent younger members from being targeted, but you've evidently so easily forgotten that those same younger members are easily scammed as they are so easily "targeted" like you have said before. If they're new to the kingdom, and don't know what they're doing they'll probably be easily scammed out of their inventory, and I for one don't believe anyone deserves to be cleaned out of their items.
I had that same thought when I saw who posted that. The hypocrisy is overbearing.

Fiyero

You missed my point. I've never operated this way, but I've seen players who were verbal about having a door charge to have some kind of revenue, and like you and many others who liked what these type people came up with, I would probably pay/donate to their effort as I have in the past.
I didn't say you did. But I don't think those people should operate like that. It shouldn't be to get money and expect a donation/charge. Donations should be like a thank you and hosts should be suprised and grateful for it. Instead I feel like people would be like "Yeah. That's what I thought. This is what I deserve/expected."

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Everyone has the opportunity to be stupid.. young and old.. noob and pro. Just click accept.
I'm not sure if you're being condescending or serious here, but that entire statement honestly makes no sense to me.

You, along with some others that have posted here, were essentially stating in that other thread that the welfare of the younger players needs to be protected by keeping our ages private. But none of you care if those same younger players are scammed out of their inventories for being exactly what you described them, naive and ignorant.

They need to be protected by not sharing their age, but it's all their fault if they unsuspectingly waltz in to a pay to play and get all of their items scammed off of them. Not every player knows the value of items, especially rare items.

I'm not bringing up the other thread to wage an argument, I'm applying the same logic and common sense you spoke of in that one, to a situation that involves the same group of people that everyone was concerned for then.

Honestly, the nonsense that pours out of this forum is astounding in my opinion.

Jasmine

Look, there is no reason they should be banned.

However - there should be some rules on how they operate. Have them create a forum post describing the odds, and showing how they're calculated. Etc.
Agreed that they shouldn't be banned, but rules could be implemented.

Just so you guys know, there are a very small number of "kids" playing this game. The youngest I've seen is 12 or 13... Age has nothing to do with it. If you can't spot a scam, then that's a problem you need to work out...

Ranch

You, along with some others that have posted here, were essentially stating in that other thread that the welfare of the younger players needs to be protected
It's you that is insinuating that only younger players are stupid enough to fall for scams, not me. I never limited stupid actions to the young, I said "player".. which covers the whole demographic.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
It's you that is insinuating that only younger players are stupid enough to fall for scams, not me. I never limited stupid actions to the young, I said "player".. which covers the whole demographic.
Lol I didn't say anyone was stupid, I said naive and ignorant. Ignorance means having no knowledge of something. Someone that is ignorant of the value of some items would easily be scammed. Twisting my words won't help you grasp the point of my post, which you missed anyway.

MamaNutty

The way I see it is.... When they see the room on the list it has a description.. If they still choose to enter the room... The "I" clearly states the owners intention. If they still stay & decide to participate then its their choice.
I was in that room for over an hour , as was staff observing.
There were very few players actually playing the game, but there were numerous players in there really enjoying their selfs.

Just my 2 cents!

I was just about to say in the chatbox thats all I have been seeing are pay to play games! I just wanted to play Cute or Boot, or Falling Chairs . not trying to pay a firewall for a 2 second game ya know?
I saw a host that said two people almost won and he was getting scared (cus he didn't want to give them the prize. just wants free stuff.) I don't think they should be banned tho. It's your choice. But I don't see it as fair.

Ranch

Lol I didn't say anyone was stupid, I said naive and ignorant. Ignorance means having no knowledge of something. Someone that is ignorant of the value of some items would easily be scammed.
So you're saying the younger crowd is ignorant? Awesome. Bye, see ya in the next argument you want to have with me..

Ranch

Had to see one of these rooms with amazing amounts of stuff!

I was offered three games for flips and I about lol'd onto the floor! I had to get out of there because I'm not that bright!

relizabeth

I was just about to say in the chatbox thats all I have been seeing are pay to play games! I just wanted to play Cute or Boot, or Falling Chairs . not trying to pay a firewall for a 2 second game ya know?
I saw a host that said two people almost won and he was getting scared (cus he didn't want to give them the prize. just wants free stuff.) I don't think they should be banned tho. It's your choice. But I don't see it as fair.
in losts room he has had a few people play and so far 4 people have won a clock. he gave them the prize every time. but his odds are also way better then the other game i saw today.

in losts room he has had a few people play and so far 4 people have won a clock. he gave them the prize every time. but his odds are also way better then the other game i saw today.
Never said people weren't actually giving prizes..just saying they hope people don't win cus they just want people to give them stuff and lose :p

Clearly, it is my room that is being attacked here. Let me run through my thought process, and then feel free to hate me afterwards. I opened this game because I wanted to get keys originally. My thought was people prefer other items to keys, so why make them struggle with the low probability crate game and instead try their luck at my game. Both of these things are a gamble, opening a crate and spinning a generator or two. I was willing to take the risk, and so were they. At no point did I attempt to scam anyone or take items and not give prizes. I was honest and fair to anyone who tried to play my game. YES, of course the game is low probability. I was giving 2 clocks or 10 walls as the prize. But I don't see how it is any different than the crate game. At no point did I pretend that the game was high probability and I even told people that asked that their chances of winning were slim. I apologize to anyone who feels they were personally threatened or misled by my game and I hope to receive some positive feedback in return so that I can make this game better if I decide to reopen in the future.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
So you're saying the younger crowd is ignorant? Awesome. Bye, see ya in the next argument you want to have with me..
Lol didn't say anything about any particular crowd being ignorant, I said those that are naive and ignorant of the value of certain items. If you're going to form a rebuttal to someones post, please at least do it with some intelligence and articulate what you're saying correctly. You're not even attempting to comprehend my point, or maybe you have and you just can't seem to grasp it. Whatever the case, if you're going to insist upon forming a false argument, please refrain from replying. You missed the concept completely, so there's no point in continuing this conversation if you're just going to go ****** for tat and not actually debate like a human being.

Thank you, enjoy your evening (or afternoon).