MyVMK | Now Available On macOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyVMK Staff

MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff

On macOS
The moment you've all been waiting for is finally here! MyVMK is now playable on macOS.

Available Now

Download Now

That's right! It's here. With the new macOS Client from MyVMK, our guests who own Apple computers may once again experience the magic! Just click the download link to get started!

In order for the application to run however, there is one tweak you do need to make as macOS will tell you the application is not from a "Verified Publisher."

1. Open Finder and locate the MyVMK macOS Client (Don't use Launchpad!)
  2. Control-click the application icon, and click Open from the shortcut menu.
  3. Click Open
  4. The application is now saved as an exception to your security settings and can now be opened by double-clicking it as you would any other application.
NOTE: you can also grant an exception for a blocked application by clicking the "Open Anyway" button in the General pane of the Security & Privacy preferences. This button is available for about an hour after you try to open the application. To open this pane, chose Apple Menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click General.

All of us here at MyVMK are thrilled to invite our macOS players back into the kingdom and we can't wait to share the magic with you! As always, if you encounter any issues don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

From all of us at MyVMK, have a magical day!

Last edited by a moderator:

somethingcool

Does that mean Mac users must install/download this? Is there still no way to play without a download (i.e. using our regular browser)?

Anyway, I'm so happy this is here :)

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
Does that mean Mac users must install/download this? Is there still no way to play without a download (i.e. using our regular browser)?

Anyway, I'm so happy this is here :)
Correct. There is not currently a way for macOS users to play MyVMK through the browser.

Aroma

[emoji1376][emoji1360]yesssss finally. Could it be dowloaded to ipads and iphones too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder

Everything was working great before you did this. Now i can't get on with this MyVMKpal program. That Pal program was junk back in the day of the original VMK. Put the old login back the way it was for window users and a separate login for mac users.

Last edited:

daniellevk

Quick question @Amy, for mac users will it work on the latest mac software? I havent updated to high sirrea yet because myvmk launcher has still been working for me, If i update to high sierra will this application work?

Shadowofumbreon

I don't even have a mac and yet this pleases me :) Very happy right now for Mac users, Can't wait for the day for Linux users to be able to get in without wine installed <3

REWOLF

PLEASE HELP! I'm using firefox with VMK_Simba's awesome fix and everything was working wonderful, now when I login there is no enter button just those download choices, I tried download windows version but it doesn't work. Please Please Please bring back the enter game button, myvmk has been working so great for me this way.

AlexanderH

Waiting for 2028
This is fantastic news because the percentage of people who would be interested in playing MyVMK having access to the game is a whole lot closer to 100.

It has been said that many people who were otherwise active in-game left due to their inability to play since they were using macOS and browser support died. Those people very well may not be checking the forums anymore, so you guys might consider sending an email to everyone registered about this news. Everyone else should consider sharing the main post with anyone they know who played MyVMK and uses macOS. That is our most well-calibrated shot at restoring the population (and, perhaps subsequently, vibe) MyVMK basked in during the time immediately after its opening, in late 2013 and most of 2014. What do you all say?

Thunder

A message base link about VMK pal program from the old days, the good and the bad of VMK pal
PLEASE HELP! I'm using firefox with VMK_Simba's awesome fix and everything was working wonderful, now when I login there is no enter button just those download choices, I tried download windows version but it doesn't work. Please Please Please bring back the enter game button, myvmk has been working so great for me this way.
Try this ( after you login click on the one that says .........Launch ( Legacy not recummended )

Status
Not open for further replies.