Riverdaleeeeee

Hey guys!!! Mama Funbridge* here. Do any of you guys watch Riverdale? I need some people to geek out with from time to time.

I collect comics and adore them greatly, but I will be the first to say that Archie comics suck. At least, older ones do. They have their moments, I guess. But the only ones that hold my interest are the most recent volumes for Jughead.

That being said, Riverdale really surprised me when it first came out. It is definitely like watching a soap opera, but less cable from 1997 (with three channels) soap and more 2000s and mysterious? Normally, I pride myself on not getting sucked in to the typical "chick flick" dramas. But I really like it.

And Cole as Jug???

Sign me up.

YES YES ME ME ME!
I love it. I haven't read the comics but I adore the show. The first season was incredible. I've had a little harder time getting into this second season but it's still great. Cheryl is my fave.

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
i'm watching it right now! i was waiting for the time it would come back.
first episode of season 2 was amazing.
however, i'm not liking this "red circle" thing. its cheesy.

Hypnotic

Okay I’m obsessed with riverdale, like I have 3 shirts & jugheads Beanie & im about to buy another shirt. But yasss Cole as Jughead ugh. And I agree I hated the Archie comics but the show is amazing.

I HAVE IT, TOO. Ngl, probably my nerdiest purchase of the year aside from a one of a kind Supernatural canvas from Comic Con.

I'm not normally cringey, but come on. That beanie is Gucci.

Not gonna lie, I have to agree. The red circle thing is a bit dumb. And Archie has been EXTREMELY dramatic so far with everything.

And the whole taboo about guns kind of irritates me. But I'm from the south and we pretty much learn how to shoot from birth. Guns are not scary if you know what you're doing.

And Bughead is definitely OTP level, but I would kind of be okay with a bit of Toni/Jug for a hot second...

I swear though. If they break up and Archie suddenly wants her, I will scream.

...wow

I have issues.

Don't mind me. I will geek out quietly now.

Okay so

WOW

Tonight's episode...

I mean.

Jeeze. This show is the most dramatic thing I have let myself watch, and this is coming from someone whose favorite show is Supernatural. I'm not normally privy to this kind of thing, but since I'm antisocial, anxious, and live a quiet, reserved life, I guess I'm drawn to the drama.

***SPOILERSSSSSSS***

I'm not going to lie. I'm pretty excited about Jug being a serpent. And I'm pretty okay if he wants to date Toni for a while. I don't like the whole jumping ship so suddenly thing, but I would be semi okay with it. But I still love Bughead. I want to see FP out and about, and Alice should start getting back to her roots. I do NOT want Betty and Archie to be a thing.

#unpopularopinion
Veronica irritates the heck out of me. The actress is cool ig, but the character... I don't know. I don't care for her. Which surprises me because I like Cheryl so much.

And Archie is starting to get on my nerves a little.

ANY THEORIES ON THE HOOD'S IDENTITY?
Also, does anyone know when Betty's brother is coming into play?

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
woa.jpeg
someone on twitter posted this... and i'm kind of shook....

its a good theory thats for sure.
it seems kind of obvious it would be a serpent...but idk anymore! lol

Last edited: