Songs the world needs to hear right now?

The world's a giant negative place right now. I figured we could all share some songs that the "world needs to hear". Positive, uplifting, "make a change" songs.

My songs (I can't embed/link them for some reason... Even just looking up the lyrics will do the trick lol)
We Shall Be Free by Garth Brooks
People Loving People by Garth Brooks

For my fellow ladies (and even the guys!) Beautiful Flower (acoustic) by India Arie <-- this is the acoustic version and it's a little different than the album version, but both are amazing.

What inspired this thread is Garth Brook's release of the 10th Anniversary of his "We Shall Be Free" music video. I can't embed it, but if you go to his Facebook page, it's there. I've been a fan of his music since I was practically born and this song has always stuck with me. The new video (released tonight) has footage that I (as well as many of you, I'm sure) were alive for... the biggest being 9/11. He's also got a song called People Loving People which is also along the same lines. Take a listen. (:

I just thought this would be something fun to start, and I love hearing "game changing" songs.

“It is not enough to win a war; it is more important to organize the peace.”
― Aristotle

"World" by Five For Fighting has always been one of my favorite songs and it always gives me a "the world is yours and what you make of it" kind of vibe, not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for but figure I'd throw this one in there :)

"World" by Five For Fighting has always been one of my favorite songs and it always gives me a "the world is yours and what you make of it" kind of vibe, not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for but figure I'd throw this one in there :)
This is perfect! I've always loved this song, too. It's exactly what I was looking for. I wasn't sure how to explain what kinds of songs lol

Here are a few of my favorites:
"Music does bring people together.
It allows us to experience the same emotions.
People everywhere are the same in heart and spirit.
No matter what language we speak, what color we are,
the form of our politics or the expression of our love and our faith,
music proves: We are the same."

~ John Denver ~

Last edited:
I've always been the kind of person who found beauty in the dark and accepting it as a matter of the fact. After reading a bit about Chris Cornell, how he met success in music confirms that fact.

Cornell spent a two-year period between the ages of nine and eleven solidly listening to The Beatles after finding a large collection of Beatles records abandoned in the basement of a neighbor's house. Cornell was a loner; however, he was able to deal with his anxiety around other people through rock music. During his teenage years, Chris spiralled in to severe depression, dropped out of school and almost never left the house during his state of depression. Before becoming a successful musician, he worked at a seafood wholesaler and was a sous-chef at a restaurant named Ray's Boathouse.

When asked how Cornell beat all his addictions he stated, "It was a long period of coming to the realization that this way (sober) is better. Going through rehab, honestly, did help...it got me away from just the daily drudgery of depression and either trying to not drink or do drugs or doing them and you know, they give you such a simple message that any idiot can get and it's just over and over, but the bottom line is really, and this is the part that is scary for everyone, the individual kinda has to want it...not kinda, you have to want it and to not do that ******** anymore or you will never stop and it will just kill you."

So irregardless the type of struggle that anyone's going through, you have to fight for what you want and keep going somehow. Music truly is a savior and key to a lot of people's way of making it through life. I know music has been my lifeblood. But mannnn, Chris Cornell's voice tugs at my heartstrings. That grit in his voice. You may recognize him as lead vocalist of Audioslave and Soundgarden. Brilliant.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
Don't forget about Temple of the Dog man... his other band that he had

RIP Chris.

Hollywood consumes yet another soul needlessly

Nice that Eddie Vedder did a little tribute for him..not to mention all the countless others who did last month as well.

Don't forget about Temple of the Dog man... his other band that he had

RIP Chris.

Hollywood consumes yet another soul needlessly

Nice that Eddie Vedder did a little tribute for him..not to mention all the countless others who did last month as well.

Oh never heard of Temple of the Dog.

Black's my favorite :)

riddleguy

I would say quite a number of disney songs would fall on that list including....
  • Listen to your heart from pocahantas
  • Go the distance from hercules
  • We know the way and how far i'll go from moana
  • All the songs from mary poppins
  • Hawaiian roller coaster ride from lilo and stitch
  • Hakuna Matata from the lion king
just to name a few

CCocoaGal

I find that sometimes the most beautiful, powerful music doesn't have set lyrics. Check out this artist, Pogo. He truly is a talent at making you see true beauty in sound.

These are my absolute favorites by Pogo. Enjoy!
If you like one of these a lot, please reply to this comment with your favorite out of these! OR reply with your favorite mix by Pogo!

Find that one song and hold onto it. Don't let it go, let it take over and consume you, let it transform you.
Allow it to take you to that new place.
When you do that you will truly understand the beauty of music.
:rose:

I find that sometimes the most beautiful, powerful music doesn't have set lyrics. Check out this artist, Pogo. He truly is a talent at making you see true beauty in sound.

These are my absolute favorites by Pogo. Enjoy!
If you like one of these a lot, please reply to this comment with your favorite out of these! OR reply with your favorite mix by Pogo!
That Mary Poppins one was so good! :autograph:

I'm probably not the best at uplifting music because Hollywood Undead is one of my favorite bands... And we all know what they sing about >.>

But Bowling for Soup <3 <3 <3 <3 ******** also one of my favs. Almost everything they sing puts me in a good mood.

Anywho.