The Shoutbox: Tips and Tricks!

Hello MyVMK Forums Members!

We have been so excited to release the new and improved Shoutbox to the forums! Here is a quick-start guide with all you need to know to get talking. Remember, the Forum and Game Rules still apply!

What are you waiting for?
Let's Get Started!
  • In order to get shouting, you must log in with your In-game Account. Enter your login username and password, click "Log In With MyVMK", remember to follow the rules, and click "Got It"!
  • Take a look at your controls:
  1. Mute/Unmute the Chat
- Click to Mute
- Click to Un-Mute
2. Shoutbox Settings

3. Expand to See Users Online
  • Personalize it and Get Chatting!
1. Click the circle to bring up the color-picker. You can either drag it around until you find the exact shade you like, use the RGB/HSV numbers, or the hex code (#000000)​
**Please be courteous when choosing a color. Don't choose something insanely bright!​
2. The rest is straightforward. Type a message and click send!​

The Not-So-Fun Stuff - Reporting a User
  • If a user is breaking the rules- report it! Simply click the username by the message that is bothering you, and click "Report User"
  • Up will pop a box reminding you who you are reporting, for what message, and will ask you for more details (what is wrong with it? Is there anything else we should know?). Click "Report" and a moderator will review it soon!
Back to the Fun Stuff
You've got the basics, so here are some quick shortcuts you can use on the shoutbox!

• Typographical Emphases
Code:
*bold*
= bold
Code:
_italics_
= italics
Code:
~strikethrough~
= strikethrough
Code:
$#full width#$
= F U L L W I D T H
Code:
```preformatted```
= preformatted
  • Commands
    • /Space [TEXT] - Give the text a cool space effect.
  • /Shrug [TEXT] - Appends ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to the end of your message.
  • Emojis​
    • Right now, there is no menu to pick from. However, most of the emoji codes work. You can find a cheat-sheet here!​
    • For example:
      Code:
      :heart:
      =
      and
      Code:
      :smile:
      =
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I'm logged in on forums, and it's asking me to log in again. Why?

A: You must log in with your MyVMK game account. This is the same username and password you would use to log in to play MyVMK (not your character name!)
Q: Can I post links?
A: Only links from MyVMK.com will be posted. This includes the forums!
Q: I was talking, but I got muted. I wasn't saying anything bad. Why?
A: Similar to talking in the game, if you send too many messages in a certain amount of time, you need to wait a little before you can type again. "Slow down, tiger!"
That's all for now! If you have any questions, comment below! Happy shouting!

I’m trying to use shoutbox on my iphone and I don’t know clue how to log in when it doesn’t show the box to log in

For some reason, you can’t log in on an iPhone or iPad, but Macs work. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Hi, I'm on Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.2... Using Waterfox browser (port of Firefox in 64 bit).

It definitely doesn't work for me. When I click "Login" it brings up a box to input my credentials, but it won't let me type in the fields or login. Here's a screenshot, I'm not sure if its meant to look like this..or..?

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 23.46.19 .png

Edit:
So I disabled some of my plugins (uBlock Origin, Ghostery, Referrer Control, & Disable WebRTC). I was able to login. I tried logging out and back in, and it's gone back to not allowing me to type in the username or password again (even with plugins still disabled after refreshing). Peculiar. Here's a screenshot of what it looked like once I was in. Is "account_circle" meant to be there? loool

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 23.57.04 .png

Last edited:

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
Hi, I'm on Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.2... Using Waterfox browser (port of Firefox in 64 bit).

It definitely doesn't work for me. When I click "Login" it brings up a box to input my credentials, but it won't let me type in the fields or login. Here's a screenshot, I'm not sure if its meant to look like this..or..?

View attachment 11561

Edit:
So I disabled all my plugins (uBlock Origin, Ghostery, Referrer Control, & Disable WebRTC). I was able to login. I tried logging out and back in, and it's gone back to not allowing me to type in the username or password again (even with plugins still disabled after refreshing). Peculiar. Here's a screenshot of what it looked like once I was in. Is "account_circle" meant to be there? loool

View attachment 11562
Hi there! Unfortunately, you're using a more obscure browser/browser variation, so we can’t guarantee compatibility with the modern web standards required for the shoutbox to operate. We recommend using a browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome instead of a derivative such as Waterfox. In addition, you seem to be using the NoScript extension which may be blocking some sources needed for the shoutbox to function properly or display the right icons. Consider disabling it.

Let us know if you need any more help.

Hi there! Unfortunately, you're using a more obscure browser/browser variation, so we can’t guarantee compatibility with the modern web standards required for the shoutbox to operate. We recommend using a browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome instead of a derivative such as Waterfox. In addition, you seem to be using the NoScript extension which may be blocking some sources needed for the shoutbox to function properly or display the right icons. Consider disabling it.

Let us know if you need any more help.
Hi, Waterfox definitely wasn't the problem. It's a modern 64 bit browser, updated regularly, using almost entirely the same code as Firefox. I took your advice and disabled ALL plugins, and was able to access the shoutbox normally and login. Believe it or not, it wasn't NoScript or any of the other plugins I mentioned. The culprit the "HTTPS Everywhere" plugin! o_o When I disable ONLY it, it works normally. I wonder why? Weird. Anyways, glad we got to the bottom of that :P

Here's a screenshot of it working on Waterfox with all of my plugins enabled except HTTPS Everywhere...

Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 15.03.14 .png

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
Hi, Waterfox definitely wasn't the problem. It's a modern 64 bit browser, updated regularly, using almost entirely the same code as Firefox. I took your advice and disabled ALL plugins, and was able to access the shoutbox normally and login. Believe it or not, it wasn't NoScript or any of the other plugins I mentioned. The culprit the "HTTPS Everywhere" plugin! o_o When I disable ONLY it, it works normally. I wonder why? Weird. Anyways, glad we got to the bottom of that :P

Here's a screenshot of it working on Waterfox with all of my plugins enabled except HTTPS Everywhere...

View attachment 11572
Glad you found a solution!

Thank you for bringing back the shoutbox.

Just some feedback: I've pinned a tab linking to the shoutbox. It's a little concerning that, most of the time, when I return to it, I have been disconnected. You guys might consider increasing the time user sessions are valid for, if possible, because that might increase activity in the shoutbox.

Last edited:
I can't get it to load on any browser. Ive tried Chrome, Firefox and IE. Log in using my game log in info and all I get is a spinning circle. If you have any suggestions please be as specific as possible as I'm not tech savvy :)