Jedi Training Academy: Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

VMK_Rapunzel

Hello Padawans,
Welcome to Star Wars Month on MyVMK! Fellow Jedi Masters and I have been putting together a very special Star Wars event for everyone to enjoy this month (in addition to the regularly scheduled HOST events). Introducing… The Jedi Training Academy! This month you will be able to go through the trials and tribulations to become a Jedi – robes, saber and all!

“A Je’daii needs darkness and light, shadow and illumination, because without the two there can be no balance… A Je’daii without balance between both is no Je’daii at all. He, or she, is simply lost.”

― Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void, Tim Lebbon

How to Play!

Part 1 - The Channeling
In the first part of the Training Academy, you will have to channel and find the Force within. The odds will be 50/50 because you either *have* the Force or… you don’t. Pick a track to find out if you’ve channelled it. If not, you’ll be sent to begin your studies again. If you find yourself channeling it correctly, you’ll move on to the first lesson and trial against a Jedi Master.

Part 2 - The Trials
After channeling the Force, you will be sent to five different lessons and tests against five different Jedi Masters. They will start off easy, but make sure to study hard because the later levels will get more difficult. You will receive a “Force Push Magic” to use during your trial. (These are not able to be kept after you leave the room!) By using this magic, you will be able to force push the Jedi Master off the mat. Next, the Jedi Master will push you back. If you succeed in pushing them off the mat, you have passed your test and will continue to the next level of training. If you win, you’ll move to the next round. If you lose, you’ll be sent back to the Sacred Uneti Tree to study the Jedi Texts again.

But don’t worry! You will not need to re-start the event if you lose. Keep your Kyber Crystal and your level pin, and you will be able to return to the level you left off at. IMPORTANT: Your level completion pin will only work in the Jedi Temple Room!! This means you will need to ‘find the force’ again if you have to start over.

Once you reach the last level, you will face the ultimate Jedi Master. (Okay, so maybe she’s at the Master level just yet, but we have very high hopes for her!) If you win this trial, you will be able to pick Light Side or Dark Side.

Part 3 - The Choice
Once you win the last battle, you will become an official Jedi. The green turnstile will lead you to the Light Side base and the red turnstile will lead you to the Dark Side base. You will be able to trade in your Kyber Crystal for whichever color lightsaber you would like

Please keep in mind... This is a pretty involved event and we’ve been working really hard to make it run as smooth as possible. That being said, please don’t be discouraged if there’s a few hiccups the first time we host it. There’s a lot of moving parts that we have to get working together (11 different rooms with over 10 staff members working on this event alone***). We’ll be testing it as much as we can, but we know we can’t exactly prepare 100%... but we’ll hopefully have it tested to 99% with only small hiccups.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns (and eventually feedback!), please place them below!! (Eventually, a video will be posted, but we want to keep everything a surprise!) We’ve been very excited about this event and can’t wait for our new Jedi class to arrive!! Keep checking the calendar, we will be adding the event dates and times in there soon! (Trying to schedule over 10 staff members for one event is harder than it sounds, but there will be multiple days you can participate!)

Best of luck, young padawans… may the Force be with you all.

Sincerely,
The MyVMK Jedi Masters

*** I just want to give a VERY special thank you to all of the VMK Staff who have made this event possible. There's so many to tag, literally everyone had a role in creating the event, testing, hosting, creating items, coding special things. It snowballed from this small idea into something extraordinary because of all of their help! Please make sure to send a big thank you to everyone! @VMK_Schweetz @VMK_Rey @HOST_Aurora @HOST_Duchess @HOST_Nala @HOST_Mushu @HOST_Ariel @HOST_Pegasus @VMK_Dormouse @GA_Copper @GA_Leia @Amy (I hope I got everyone!).

Last edited:

VMK_Rapunzel

ATTENTION: We have added our first round. TONIGHT at 9pm est! The event will run from 9-10pm. (As involved of an event as this is, the queue should hopefully move relatively quickly, but we will extend as needed.)

Study up your Jedi Texts and we'll see you at 9pm for your first lesson!

:FinalBattle:

VMK_Rapunzel

Before I post any big updates (which I will tonight!), I want to apologize quick. We were not expecting 300 players online for this event. We ended up breaking the server a little bit. We've got some notes to take back and revise for next time!

If you made it past a level and failed your lesson, you will be able to return to the level you left off on next time. Amy was kind enough to code special pins just for this event so that they can bring you right to the level you left off on. To use the pin: Enter the Jedi Temple, put the pin on your lanyard, and double click.

If you were in the queue, we apologize. We were not expecting this many people online. Hopefully the Jedi Texts room made up for the wait! Thank you to those of you who were patient and kind to the MyVMK Jedi Masters as we worked out the kinks.

I will be posting an update later tonight with announcements, FAQs, and more. Please be on the look out!

I cannot begin to say how much I enjoyed this event. Even though I got in right as the issues started, it was well worth the wait! Such a creative idea for an event, mad props to everyone involved (which seems to be EVERYONE). I have always loved the events that use special behind the scenes magic. This is sincerely the best event i've gotten to attend in months. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every trial (and my good natured ribbing of @VMK_Schweetz force ability, must be a low midichlorian count, huh?). I look forward to the next time the event is ran, I will be back for you @VMK_Rey...

Status
Not open for further replies.