Expensive item needed for January.. I propose we add Disneyland Gift Card pin..

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
Amy has proposed a stack of gold furniture item that would buy for 5000 credits and sell for 4000 credits... I this would be the equivalent of a 20 tax on any credit trade... I propose instead we add the pin Disneyland Gift Card item number 2098 to the game and worry about adding any other credit trade facilitating items in the future. I also believe that any tax over 5 on credit trading is unreasonable and should be set to 5 percent otherwise people would simply trade a spree.

The best price for a credit trading item like the Disneyland Gift Card would be 10500 credits and then sell back to the game for 10000 credits. Ten Thousand Credit Sell price is the ideal amount as it allows you to buy any other high ticket items in the store like magic.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I think everybody can agree that we need something implemented that would help credit spree transactions. I like your idea about adding the Gift Card, however, I think it would be more easily praised if we were able to buy the item and set how many credits we wanted on that card. For example, if you had a credit spree trade for 90k, you could buy the Gift Card for 90k, trade it to another user, and then they could add that card to their credit inventory.

Whispered

I think if you have any tax at all, people are not gunna want to use it to trade credits for the "base amounts" of 1k, 5k, 10k, etc.

This is because there are items out there for 1k, or 10k (less so 5k but you never know) that you could buy with a spree and just save the tax.

I think that if direct credit trades are to be implemented, they should be implemented with either some limit on how many per day/week or how many in one transaction or having a game "fair value" price that would check the items in one trade, and make sure it's close to the values of previous trades (idk how this would work coding-wise though).

-Whispered

savvy.max

I think everybody can agree that we need something implemented that would help credit spree transactions. I like your idea about adding the Gift Card, however, I think it would be more easily praised if we were able to buy the item and set how many credits we wanted on that card. For example, if you had a credit spree trade for 90k, you could buy the Gift Card for 90k, trade it to another user, and then they could add that card to their credit inventory.
Starship that would require more coding and having a simple set priced item is super easy to implement. 2 minutes total time to add my proposed idea and it would be done. If you wanted to trade 90K you buy 9 Pins...

Amy has proposed a stack of gold furniture item that would buy for 5000 credits and sell for 4000 credits... I this would be the equivalent of a 20 tax on any credit trade... I propose instead we add the pin Disneyland Gift Card item number 2098 to the game and worry about adding any other credit trade facilitating items in the future. I also believe that any tax over 5 on credit trading is unreasonable and should be set to 5 percent otherwise people would simply trade a spree.

The best price for a credit trading item like the Disneyland Gift Card would be 10500 credits and then sell back to the game for 10000 credits. Ten Thousand Credit Sell price is the ideal amount as it allows you to buy any other high ticket items in the store like magic.
Not you again haha ;) I agree it's a great idea

savvy.max

I think if you have any tax at all, people are not gunna want to use it to trade credits for the "base amounts" of 1k, 5k, 10k, etc.

This is because there are items out there for 1k, or 10k (less so 5k but you never know) that you could buy with a spree and just save the tax.

I think that if direct credit trades are to be implemented, they should be implemented with either some limit on how many per day/week or how many in one transaction or having a game "fair value" price that would check the items in one trade, and make sure it's close to the values of previous trades (idk how this would work coding-wise though).

-Whispered
Coding that would be a nightmare and because the Gift Card is an Item that you can wear it will facilitate credit trading even with the 5 Tax. I agree that Sprees would still be a viable way to trade smaller amounts of credits and because the amount is set to 10500 credits to buy the Gift Card it will only be useful for large credit transfers. It would take a clone over 70 Trips to all 6 NPC's to get enough credits together for the Gift Card and reduces the chance of it being abused.

i love this idea ! a lot of other online games have a similar option. bad example to some because they don't care for the game, but habbo offers "habbo exchange" trading through gold coins/sacks/bars/etc. it makes it easier to give the item you're trading for an actual worth :)

John

This idea has been proposed so many times I can't believe it hasn't been added yet.

savvy.max

i love this idea ! a lot of other online games have a similar option. bad example to some because they don't care for the game, but habbo offers "habbo exchange" trading through gold coins/sacks/bars/etc. it makes it easier to give the item you're trading for an actual worth :)
Not you again haha ;) I agree it's a great idea
Good Now Tell your Friends and lets get this Thread to 100 replies and lets bother Amy until it's added !!

The fact Amy has already considered using an item to facilitate credit trades means this might happen before then but still lets get some traction on this thread to help her to add it sooner so this month isn't "wasted".

The Disneyland Gift Card already exists on the Live Server and works "VMK_Kevin" already has one using "!give 2098 1" so it would literally take 2 minutes (I had initially said 10 minutes and Amy Corrected me saying it would take 2 minutes to add this to the game).

Whispered

Coding that would be a nightmare and because the Gift Card is an Item that you can wear it will facilitate credit trading even with the 5% Tax. I agree that Sprees would still be a viable way to trade smaller amounts of credits and because the amount is set to 10500 credits to buy the Gift Card it will only be useful for large credit transfers. It would take a clone over 70 Trips to all 6 NPC's to get enough credits together for the Gift Card and reduces the chance of it being abused.
Why would you pay 500 credits more (on the trader side) to trade 10k when you could just buy them a magic pin?

savvy.max

Why would you pay 500 credits more (on the trader side) to trade 10k when you could just buy them a magic pin?
And there is no magic pin available to buy currently this month... I know that Spree's will always be a viable option and part of this game but this is very easy way to implement the trading of credits and the 5 percent tax is a necessary evil to prevent abuse. I definitely feel that 5 percent is better then the proposed 20 percent tax that Amy suggested (Which would put the buy price at 12000 and sell price at 10000).

S

Solar

I fail to understand why you cant just buy 10k credits and sell 10k credits. The tax seems unnecessary?

I totally support the idea. I trade credit sprees quite often, since I spend a lot of time in fireworks, and something simple like this would be great to facilitate those trades. My only request would that there should be a couple different values for smaller trades (perhaps 1k, 5k, 10k?).

And I agree that 5 is fair. There's no way I'd ever spend an extra 2k just to trade a 10k spree.

Status
Not open for further replies.