Quick Tips To Get You On The Jungle Cruise High Scores

DarthTimmy

Hey guys, I wanted to write out a few tips that can hopefully help you improve your Jungle Cruise score. JC is a great way to make credits, and to make your time even more efficient these tips should help you earn 800-900+ credits each run.

Don't Press The Up Arrow
The only time that you should ever press the up arrow is in the third round if you've run out of film. If the film doesn't spawn close to the beginning sometimes you'll have to speed up in order to have enough film to finish that room. Otherwise, that up arrow should not be pressed. It runs down your gas incredibly quickly, and it's easy to be booted out of the game before finishing all the levels.

A Touchpad Is Not A Mouse
I've talked to several different people who expressed their dislike for Jungle Cruise, and also talked about how difficult it is for them to get a good score. One of the first questions I usually ask is, do you use a mouse? Most of the time the answer is no, they're using their laptop's touchpad. This is going to make the game way harder than it is needs to be. With an actual mouse you will be much more accurate and be able to move the cursor where you need it faster. If you don't have a mouse available, there are several on Amazon for less than $10.

Don't crash into a rock or wall to pick up a gas container
If you hit a rock or the wall, you will lose 20 gas. A gas container only gives you 20 gas. Therefore, if you have to crash into something in order to get a gas container, it's simply not worth it.

Downgrade Your Shockwave
Why? I'm not sure exactly why, but according to Host_Jasmine, downgrading your shockwave to 11 will make the game much more stable. After playing several games on both 11 and 12, I would have to agree with that statement. It just feels much more smooth and natural.

Forbidden Temple on the 3rd round is random
This is usually the make or break room as far as getting on the high score list. Sometimes no animals spawn, sometimes 5 animals spawn, other times you get really lucky and have 15 animals spawn. But it just seems random. Don't feel bad if you get a round where no animals spawn, it just wasn't meant to be. Hit play again and hopefully you will have better luck.

Learn the patterns
There is only so much reading a guide can help. You have to actually play the game yourself and learn the way it works. The same animals seem to pop up in the same general location each game. Of course each game is not exact, but there are many similarities. Learning these can be extremely helpful. One thing you can almost always count on is in the Explorer's Tent having hippos spawn in the water where your boat will be traveling. Now, if you get a good shot on the hippo it can be worth 400+ points, so you absolutely want to be getting these shots. Unfortunately, if you just cruise right on through half the time you will end up running over one or both of them, missing the shot. So what I do in this room is stay at the starting line and constantly tap the backspace key until all the animals have spawned and the level ended. This way you can ensure that you will not hit any of the hippos on your pathway.

You Can't Be Perfect
There are going to be times where you run over an animal, accidentally take a random photo, or run into a wall or rock. That's ok. It's bound to happen at least once in every one of your games. It's nearly impossible to have a game without one of those things happen. Just do the best that you can.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
For the last week I have been doing this method and I went from making 40,000 last week to around 44,000 this week.

I'll have to try playing it with the mouse and not trackpad. I try to avoid playing jc because I get bored of it easily but before reading this I would get it the low 30,000 range. Hopefully I will improve :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk