Got a piercing

I got my septum pierced last Friday. It feels really weird? It is hard to get used to because its just there. The tip of my nose is pretty sensitive. It's funny because you don't realize how much you hit your nose until it hurts really bad. Also blowing my nose? 10x more gross.

It is nice though! I really like it and I don't regret my decision at all.

My question for you guys is, do you have any piercings? If so, where and how long did it take you to get used to them?

Omg congrats! The septum is a brave piercing but I bet you rock it!

I have six piercings, and I recently got my rook pierced. Unfortunately I was kind of dumb and got it done in a third-world country...so when I came back and it started having complications, I couldn't go back to my piercer. It got infected and I had to go to the doctor and be put on antibiotics :O but now it's healing really well!

Is this your first piercing? Usually they feel uncomfortable for at least a few weeks. If you notice discharge or extreme swelling, check with your piercer and/or a doctor. Some redness and "Crusties" are normal.

Congrats on your new piercing! just remember to baby it and use saline spray on it twice a day (but not too much, it will dry it out!)

I have my belly button pierced, my nose, ofc my ears. I also had my tongue but took it out bc i kept swallowing the ball lol. I heard the septum was painful! i wouldn't do that one. I would have to say the nose hurt worse for me out of all mine. As for healing time they were all different. From 6 weeks and on. Congrats on your piercing :)

Omg congrats! The septum is a brave piercing but I bet you rock it!

I have six piercings, and I recently got my rook pierced. Unfortunately I was kind of dumb and got it done in a third-world country...so when I came back and it started having complications, I couldn't go back to my piercer. It got infected and I had to go to the doctor and be put on antibiotics :O but now it's healing really well!

Is this your first piercing? Usually they feel uncomfortable for at least a few weeks. If you notice discharge or extreme swelling, check with your piercer and/or a doctor. Some redness and "Crusties" are normal.

Congrats on your new piercing! just remember to baby it and use saline spray on it twice a day (but not too much, it will dry it out!)
Thank you! I have it set as my profile picture on here. I think I pull it off well. c:
That is really cool! I am a very nervous person when it comes to needles, I am surprised I was able to get this done. It wasn't too bad, however. The guy who did it was really cool and helped me calm down a lot. That sounds really painful! I am glad you are recovering well. This is my first piercing that isn't my ears. I have two holes on each ear and my bottom is stretched to a size zero gauge. My ears heal quickly, so I am hoping my nose does as well. I am currently doing a warm distilled water with sea salt twice a day and it has been fine. Yesterday I was really swollen and more sensitive. Today there is still swelling but not to the same extent, and some pain, I have a feeling it will heal fast! And thank you for the advice!

I have my belly button pierced, my nose, ofc my ears. I also had my tongue but took it out bc i kept swallowing the ball lol. I heard the septum was painful! i wouldn't do that one. I would have to say the nose hurt worse for me out of all mine. As for healing time they were all different. From 6 weeks and on. Congrats on your piercing :)
I want to do my belly button really bad but oh man am I nervous. I couldn't do the tounge. I know a couple of people who have broken or knocked out teeth with it and that terrifies me. That sounds awful swallowing the balls though omg, It actually doesn't hurt really bad! Getting my second ear piercing done hurt more honestly. In the septum, there is a small sweet spot that is really thin, thinner than your earlobe, and it isn't too painful. As long as you go to someone who knows how to do it, it should be fine. You can feel it go all the way through, and it's not really quick, so that is a turn off for some people. I have a horribly low pain tolerance and it only made my eyes water up a little. Thank you!

I've had quite a few piercings over the years, but for now I just have my monroe. I have had my septum pierced tho and it'll be kinda sore for like the next 3 weeks. I finally got used to it after like a month. Having something in your nose after having nothing was interesting to get used to lol. You'll most likely get this white crusty stuff around it, a little gross but completely normal! If it's a weird color tho, it might be infected so see your piercer! Hope it heals nicely! Be sure to clean it well!

Megara

no sleep club
I have 9 piercings, just on my ears. :) I used to have an industrial, but it kept getting irritated because of how often my hair got caught in it or me rolling over and laying on it while I slept. I have gauges, and then regular piercings all the way up to the cartilage, as well as two conch piercings. I would love to get my septum pierced but I had a nose job a few years ago and I have a fear about having any complications with that area. :ugh:

Kelsey

i used to have my ears pierced only but then they closed bc im lazy but i want my septum pierced so tell me how it goes pls

Thank you! I have it set as my profile picture on here. I think I pull it off well. c:
That is really cool! I am a very nervous person when it comes to needles, I am surprised I was able to get this done. It wasn't too bad, however. The guy who did it was really cool and helped me calm down a lot. That sounds really painful! I am glad you are recovering well. This is my first piercing that isn't my ears. I have two holes on each ear and my bottom is stretched to a size zero gauge. My ears heal quickly, so I am hoping my nose does as well. I am currently doing a warm distilled water with sea salt twice a day and it has been fine. Yesterday I was really swollen and more sensitive. Today there is still swelling but not to the same extent, and some pain, I have a feeling it will heal fast! And thank you for the advice!

I want to do my belly button really bad but oh man am I nervous. I couldn't do the tounge. I know a couple of people who have broken or knocked out teeth with it and that terrifies me. That sounds awful swallowing the balls though omg, It actually doesn't hurt really bad! Getting my second ear piercing done hurt more honestly. In the septum, there is a small sweet spot that is really thin, thinner than your earlobe, and it isn't too painful. As long as you go to someone who knows how to do it, it should be fine. You can feel it go all the way through, and it's not really quick, so that is a turn off for some people. I have a horribly low pain tolerance and it only made my eyes water up a little. Thank you!
Tbh my belly button did hurt but it wasnt really bad. Yea the tongue is kinda crazy lol. It didnt hurt me though at all. It felt like my tongue went into shock bc it was just really numb. The next day it was bad! Wow i always heard the septum was a bad one. Good to know though, even though i wont ever get that one done :)