MyVMK Forums Sports Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite memory is when I was doing a 50yd backstroke at the region championships and I had the slowest time going in to it. I ended up winning by 15 seconds (which is a lot in swimming). The best part was since I was in the outside lane, I could see my coach jumping and screaming for me to keep going, he was so proud- I got a high five :bounce:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm, this is hard bc i have a lot of fav/memorys
1, was when i catch my first outfield putout in big league baseball. (special needs baseball)
2. was when my sister went to my last game of spring ball and i hit 3 back-back-back home runs.
(not just inside park home runs there real out side park home runs)

This is Sports related, I guess. Lol. I guess my "favorite" memory would have to be when I was playing Kickball and accidently ran into someone, flew to the curb, and ended up breaking my wrist. Good times, good times.

:AHH:

Kinglaser

My favorite memory is from around a year ago, from my senior night for high school soccer. It was our last home game, we were one win behind the first place team, who we were playing. Me and all of the other seniors went into the game expecting to lose our senior night, because our school had not beaten the other in a few years. We went on to win the game (I think) 4-1, and because of that game we tied for first place in our district during the regular season. We then went on to the district finals against the same team (it was the first time our school had made it since 2009), though we lost in overtime by a beautiful goal from about 35 yards out.

I have several.

1. My High School winning state champions in Boys Basketball in 2013. I was so thrilled and I knew a few of the boys. That was the first time in a long time I was excited about sports.
2. The LA Kings winning the Stanley Cup in 2012 and 2014. The latter was special because they won on my HS graduation day

My inspirations would be Eli Manning, Clayton Kershaw, Derek Jeter, USA Women's Soccer Team,

And lastly, I know someone who will be playing for the Orlando Pride Soccer Team:

My favorite sports memory was playing soccer from kindergarten to about 5th grade - all I ever did was beg to be put on defense so I could socialize with the goalie and other defenseman! But that's where I learned that I'm much more of a people/human interaction person than a sports person, and that's what makes me who I am today :)

T

Tinsel

I got hit in the ankle with a softball once and it left a softball sized bruise. They clocked the ball at 88mph smh

I couldn't walk for weeks

My favorite sporting memory is when I was 17 and played on a softball team called "Turbo". We won 19 out of 20 games and finished first in our league. On my team, I was the fastest girl on the team and I was the only person allowed to bunt the ball at any time and was never thrown out of a game once. It was amazing.

My fav memory has to be from when i was a cheerleader for 8 years. I made so many friends. And i can still do most of the moves today : ) I also use to be Asst Coach for my daughters Cheer, Dance, Tumble : )

Ern

Yams in my bank account
In my youth years all i remember was going to school and then going to practice on weekdays and then competing on weekends. I've always played sports year round but in my opinion, the sport i had most success in was track and field. My favorite memory was being able to compete and representing my school. Being able to compete, or just competing overall, is one of the best feelings to me. My heart is racing, my adrenaline is pumping, my eyes focused and the crowd roaring are the signs knowing i'm alive and well. Even if you don't like sports you're always competing, whether its competing to get a raise for your job, bringing your grades up or just competing to make yourself a better person there is always competition around you.
My biggest achievement is representing my school. Even though i was blessed to be able to compete at top tier meets like Arcadia Invitational or the California state track meet or being able to receive multiple scholarships offers, the biggest achievement to me is being able to put on the jersey with my schools logo on it because every time i win or lose my events i always knew i was not just representing my school i was also representing the community around it. It also represented the place where i grew up and learned about who i am.
My biggest inspiration is every professional athlete who work hard everyday to be better then they were yesterday. It is one of the morals i live for today. Even with flaws i always try to be the better person i was yesterday even when its the littlest thing i always know i can always do better.
IMG_5732.JPG
hopefully i covered everything!

Last edited:
Ok my favorite was, I used to play softball believe it or not :) and my best friend swung a bat and hit me across the ribs and actually broke a rib. I know it's a horrible memory.. but now I look back on it and laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.