Regarding Last Night's Event

VMK_Bambi

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to post a small explanation for what happened during my event last night. I couldn’t post this last night because I honestly felt so discouraged with what had happened that I just wanted to get off the computer.

As being the first host game of the month, as any HOST or MOD running a event, you want it to go as smoothly as possible. I was very excited to host my game for everyone to allow new prizes for the community to enjoy.

Because of a glitch in the queue/room, players were being booted once they entered the room or were sitting inside it. After it happened the first time, We rebooted the server hoping that would help. And it did until 20 minutes later when it happened again. You never know why or plan for these things to happen they just do, out of the blue. It isn’t the greatest feeling. Especially when I offered to extend my event to 10:30pm EST.

I felt like I let you, the community down after I closed my event. It is something you never want to do as a Staff Member. We try to give everyone an equal chance, especially during a Host Event.

For those of you that were able to make it into the event, win or lose. Thank you for joining me and I hope you enjoy your new prizes. For those of you who didn’t or were upset about what happened, please understand how truly sorry I am.

I also would like to give a big thank you to my fellow staff members who helped me last night. Who really went above and beyond last night. I love being part of such an amazing/helpful team:halcyon:

I will still be hosting more of my events throughout the month and hopefully everyone will be able to make it.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Hugs
VMK_Bambi:halcyon:

Last edited:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Hey Bambi we are getting use to technical issues. You have nothing to feel bad about. It happens and it has happened to a few staff. Thank you so much for communicating with the players. I totally respect you for reaching out. You did not let us down at all. You tried your best and you could not fix it. Big hugs and thank you for hosting. <3

@VMK_Bambi It was the start of the month and it sounds like things have been a little crazy for the staff. I'm sure the next one will go smoothly! :) It wasn't something you could really avoid nor was it at all your fault! I was able to get in around 9:15 and I just have to say the room is SOOOOO CUTE. (The Walt and Mickey statue is perfection.) I can't wait to see it again!

Thanks for the explanation, that was really weird! Don't worry about it at all. Hope you all can get it figured out. I just want to say thank you for starting it at 9pm, that's always the ideal time for me personally. I did get one shot before getting booted, didn't win but got to see PixieLizzie win, she was so cute/excited. The room and game are super cute, fun & easy. Great job! :) Hugs!

Fotogirl

No worries @ VMK_Bambi .... stuff happens and we just have to roll with it when it does. Its unfortunate it had to happen during the first event of the new month but we have all month for more opportunities to win some great prizes. I know I got in one of the first few games and was able to play a game but lost. The room looked great and those kinds of games that are quick and easy and lots get to play are always fun. I was lucky enough to get in again after the reboot and won that time. I was booted from the room before I could get on the winners ride to collect the prize but a simple CFH and staff pulled me back into the room and sent me thru the winners ride to get the prize. Thanks Bambi for hosting a game for us last night and thanks to the rest of the staff who came to the rescue to help get things sorted out.

Whew, when it happened the second time to me, I just figured I'd been hanging out in my Animal Kingdom room and you didn't like "Odure d'Giraffe". Seriously, thank you for hosting. As to the glitches, it happens in all games (yes, even the big fancy ones with paid employees). Try not to fret. We're all with you and I am really looking forward to seeing your lovely room again.