Rewards for good behavior in-game

Rizz

One thing GTA5 online that encourages players to behave themselves, is a random reward system:

If you've been a good sport in-game for a certain amount of time, you will receive a notification letting you know that, if you keep up the good behavior you will receive a reward.

I think there should be a "helpful" button as well, for other players to notify staff of a player being helpful. If they maintain good behavior they will receive some rewards; whether they be credits or new untradable items. If they continue to receive said rewards, eventually they will earn themselves a badge for their in-game signature.

The same could be done for "helpful" players! Non-clone accounts can send in a report, giving positive feedback to a certain player. By the end of the month, staff will look over the reports and select a "most helpful player of the month".

The players will earn rewards that can only ne obtained by the above. This could help encourage players to follow the rules, while also encouraging them to go out of their way to help others.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I like this idea! Perhaps it'll help encourage a friendlier community. Receive a gift box, with the ability of getting a special random item. Although you all should be behaving to begin with... ;) I'll pass this idea along.
:paw::halcyon:

Celeste

Little Ball of Sunshine ☼
I don’t think this is the game for rewarding good behavior.. it should be expected in this game. It’s not that hard to be a good person, or to be nice and avoid bad language. People would be doing it for all the wrong reasons if this was the case. Although I like the idea of getting a game badge and exclusive items, people would take advantage of it. Like Host_Nala said we should be behaving to begin with. This is, after all, a Disney owned game previously. And I think the values and rules should stay the same to honor that, even though we are all adults now. :hearts:

Rizz

I don’t think this is the game for rewarding good behavior.. it should be expected in this game. It’s not that hard to be a good person, or to be nice and avoid bad language. People would be doing it for all the wrong reasons if this was the case. Although I like the idea of getting a game badge and exclusive items, people would take advantage of it. Like Host_Nala said we should be behaving to begin with. This is, after all, a Disney owned game previously. And I think the values and rules should stay the same to honor that, even though we are all adults now. [emoji813]s:
And yet we are all adults here, expected to treat this game as if we are all 13. I get it, but encouraging good behavior has never hurt anyone.

I don't see the harm in trying. And why not reward players for helping one another-especially new players? Plenty of games have inserted this formula reward system before, and it has never hurt anyone.

Daniella

I think the reward thing would get out of hand, maybe what we should work towards is temporary CL_ titles that go to the helpful people of the month or something of this sort. I think people would be less inclined to use clones in this case, and it wouldn't be for personal gain because the titles could last only a couple of months or something.
In addition to the above, maybe there should be a down vote button that is less severe than Call for Help. Not necessarily a reward, but if people do things that aren't kind, it can work against them. A certain number of negative marks on any particular account can add up to an eventual "investigation" into that person's behavior. I've come across situations where a person is not only rude, but also speaks profanely by altering words, talks negatively of others openly and also openly talks about cheating. Keep in mind, it's always the same people so I really think this system would catch bad behavior at the source. In these situations, I do not use CFH because I don't think it is emergent and I don't want to risk being banned myself for abusing the button. I have an 11 year old brother who plays this game, so you can imagine why I am inclined to report these incidents, but I'm frustrated when I can't. If we were all adults, I'd say rules don't matter - but the reality is that there actually are a good number of children who regularly play this game and so the fact that the majority of these "adults" can't control themselves is kind of baffling to me. I really encourage a new system!

daniellevk

Most of us are over of the age of 18. We're all adults here and we shouldn't be treated like 10-year-olds.
Like saying the word butt or butt hole or whatever... like that shouldn't trigger you. We're all nice here, and if you're being offensive by making fun of someone or even being racist or against someone having a different sexuality then those people should be banned.
I've seen so many people making fun of others for being Gay or making fun of someone but they don't get banned.. but when for an example someone says Butthole... they get banned?
There's no simple logic here. Also would be a great idea if STAFF could re-amp the rules and do a big update because I see that people get banned for practically nothing.. unless you're triggered or if you don't like that person.

my opinion.. not being rude or anything.

edit: also if someone is younger of the age of 13, then they shouldn't be able to see certain words.. i believe this was on club penguin or something.

Rizz

Most of us are over of the age of 18. We're all adults here and we shouldn't be treated like 10-year-olds.
Like saying the word butt or butt hole or whatever... like that shouldn't trigger you. We're all nice here, and if you're being offensive by making fun of someone or even being racist or against someone having a different sexuality then those people should be banned.
I've seen so many people making fun of others for being Gay or making fun of someone but they don't get banned.. but when for an example someone says Butthole... they get banned?
There's no simple logic here. Also would be a great idea if STAFF could re-amp the rules and do a big update because I see that people get banned for practically nothing.. unless you're triggered or if you don't like that person.

my opinion.. not being rude or anything.

edit: also if someone is younger of the age of 13, then they shouldn't be able to see certain words.. i believe this was on club penguin or something.
I for one believe younger players should have limited chat, similar to how games do it with "filters".

This might be cool, but I could also definitely see it being exploited. Seems like the kind of thing where people would just mark their friends as "helpful" or whatever and then the badge is just a symbol of popularity. The only way to legitimize that process would be to have the mods look into every instance of reported helpfulness, which is probably more work than it's worth.

I would rather see a badge that can be earned by handling disputes like an adult and not immediately crying to the mods when someone takes multiple pods or kicks you from a guest room. And the more I think about it, the last thing this game needs is any added pressure to always maintain sunday school decorum. I would much rather see a commitment to dis-incentivizing petty in-game reports and maybe some actual attempts on the part of moderators to mediate conflicts rather than immediately resorting to a vague form-letter warning or a ban for something that could have easily been talked through. As it stands, there are users with vendettas against other users that are just waiting for the chance to pounce on any minor slip-up so that they have a reason to report. And they know that they can report users for petty reasons and still get the result that they want. That, to me, is the biggest problem with the way MyVMK is being run, from a behavior standpoint. I would rather have adult users handling conflicts like adults than "good boy points" toward a badge.

Last edited:

Rizz

This might be cool, but I could also definitely see it being exploited. Seems like the kind of thing where people would just mark their friends as "helpful" or whatever and then the badge is just a symbol of popularity. The only way to legitimize that process would be to have the mods look into every instance of reported helpfulness, which is probably more work than it's worth.

I would rather see a badge that can be earned by handling disputes like an adult and not immediately crying to the mods when someone takes multiple pods or kicks you from a guest room. And the more I think about it, the last thing this game needs is any added pressure to always maintain sunday school decorum. I would much rather see a commitment to dis-incentivizing petty in-game reports and maybe some actual attempts on the part of moderators to mediate conflicts rather than immediately resorting to a vague form-letter warning or a ban for something that could have easily been talked through. As it stands, there are users with vendettas against other users that are just waiting for the chance to pounce on any minor slip-up so that they have a reason to report. And they know that they can report users for petty reasons and still get the result that they want. That, to me, is the biggest problem with the way MyVMK is being run, from a behavior standpoint. I would rather have adult users handling conflicts like adults than "good boy points" toward a badge.
buddy you have NO idea.

Jay.

This, for example Host my situation with another user could've simply been mediated but no, now there will be mutal feelings towards the me and the other user and the issue wont truly ever be solved when there shouldnt be an issue in the first place.