Guest Room Challenge Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! So I'm hosting a User Made Competition!

This competition is called the Guest Room Challenge. The objective of this competition is to design a creative guest room with limited supplies!

These are the rules:
1) Guest room used must be available in the shops. No specialty or rare rooms.
2) All items used must be available in the shops. No discontinued or rare items.
3) Contestants may not use items available through current Specials, Sword in the Stone, or Pirate Chests rewards.
) Contestants have a cap of 15,000 credits that they can spend on their room. (Purchase of guest room does not contribute towards this)

PRIZE:
1st Place: 100,000 Credits + Born In Park Badge

2nd Place: 50,000 Credits
3rd Place: 25,000 Credits

A special thank you to Squiggle for helping fund these prizes.

So those are pretty much the main rules, its basically a way to see how creative VMK players can get when they have limitations to credits, items, and rooms.
I will be checking the items in each entry to verify that contestants did not spend more than 15,000 credits and that all items used are available in the shops.

This competition will end on Saturday, January 20th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. eastern time.

Feel free to post your entries on this thread or if you prefer to keep it private you can PM them to me.

Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Squiggle

I love this idea thank you for hosting it. Just to be clear we need to only have 15,000 in total or does buying already purchased items for a discount also count :)

"4) Contestants have a cap of 15,000 credits that they can spend on their room. (Purchase of guest room does not contribute towards this)"
would mean that we have 15,000 credits to spend buying from other players

Last edited:
I love this idea thank you for hosting it. Just to be clear we need to only have 10,000 in total or does buying already purchased items for a discount also count :)

"4) Contestants have a cap of 10,000 credits that they can spend on their room. (Purchase of guest room does not contribute towards this)"
would mean that we have 10,000 credits to spend buying from other players
The items will be based off their value on the Shops, so if players buy for a discounted price off other players it will still be valued as its original price.[DOUBLEPOST=1514560199][/DOUBLEPOST]Updates:
1) Squiggle has generously contributed towards adding prize money, so there will now be a 2nd and 3rd place reward.
2) I have increased the cap to 15,000 as some of the items in shops can be upwards of 500 and that doesn't leave enough room to get adequately creative.

Last edited:

Squiggle

THIS CONTEST IS HARD

this is my entry i know i also gave money to help make a 2nd and 3rd place prize I don't really want my money back so i hope this doesn't make this contest weird

I love the simplicity of this. When we build our rooms, do we need to keep it perfectly intact until judging? Or will just a photo here suffice?

Squiggle

Im not sure what he wants but with configure in the game now its probably gonna be hard to tell when things are over budget or not. I could see him examining the room for judging

Can the room we use be retired?
No retired rooms, only the rooms currently available in Shops.

I love the simplicity of this. When we build our rooms, do we need to keep it perfectly intact until judging? Or will just a photo here suffice?
Preferably kept intact to get proper judging, but if the structure makes it easy to count the items then a picture would suffice!

HapaBruja

Ur Fave Mixed Witch
This is such a good challenge! Can't wait to see all the results :StitchBounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.