The case against retiring furniture

Rizz

The past couple weeks I have been spending a few hours, every other day, building. It's a wonderful calming escape; a means to stretch your imagination, and exercise your creativity.
There's one small problem though; there's no furniture.

Now don't get me wrong, there IS currently buyable furni. But it isn't much, and nor is it necessarily practical either. Sure you could argue that maybe I haven't gotten creative enough-but I'd argue that not everyone's minds work the same way.
The thing about building on VMK is that, depending on the architect behind the funny little structures--it at times, boils down to perspective. One person may appreciate the collage of differently themed structures meshed together; a creative means of building something great, out of limited supplies at our disposal; supplies that contradict each other, and make for quite the messy finished product.
Although it's mighty impressive when someone creates something great-out of a collection of items that you could never imagine..There comes a point though, when you begin to question whether it's a lack of inspiration, or furniture.

Rare furniture in the game is relatively cheap when trading between players. There are those that easily take advantage of newer players, by charging them 10x the original price-all because they were on to buy mass quantities of it. Which should never happen, nor ever be the case. Fortunately this isn't that common.
So why indeed retire furniture? If you walk into an auction, it doesnt take long to realize that 9/10 people are not interested in buying rare furniture. Will it really affect the "economy" if you choose not to retire some stone archs, or palm tree flats?
In the end, the only people benefiting from it, are players that were already virtually wealthy to begin with. It's easy to ask for 5k for a single white cloud, from a player that desperately needs it for that last finishing touch in their room.
Is anybody really going to care that furni stops retiring? I would like to see more of a variety of room building, that can only be possible if there is more of a variety of items to begin with; which there is! Good luck getting the furni you need though. You'll be waiting weeks on the forums, for some silly overprices walls or rocks just to build the room that you desire.

My point is, stop retiring furniture. Trading furniture is the most tedious aspect by far, and nobody enjoys it-except the rich that have hoarded mass quantities of every item, yet do nothing with them!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

im sure if there was higher player volume in the game more people would care about furniture. there is only like 1-2 guest rooms that get really popular at a given time, so players probably don't really feel encouraged to build if it can't be shown off, unlike clothing or pins which can be seen anywhere at any time.

Rizz

im sure if there was higher player volume in the game more people would care about furniture. there is only like 1-2 guest rooms that get really popular in a single setting, so players probably don't really feel encouraged to build if it can't be shown off, unlike clothing or pins which can be seen anywhere at any time.
I feel like this would change though, if there WAS more furniture. Im not asking them to make more, just stop retiring them from the shops.
Have you seen the building contests on vfk? Theyre insane! And it's bc they have so much to work with at all times.
If anything retiring furni does more harm than good.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

SnoBun

Snob/Official Rilla Grandma
I had never thought of this...and think Rizz makes an interesting point. I also agree with Alpha that our current population is pretty small which may add to the problem.