Interested in graphic arts and computer animation...

NOLAgirl504

New Orleans girl with Disney dreams
Hello all.
I have been playing VMK as pinkprincessdiva since 2005 to 2008, and now again in 2018. We visit Disney World, Florida, often and I'm happy to have VMK back. I have a deep connection with this game and Disney. I am now 21 years old and in college. At first, I wasn't sure what I really wanted to focus on in college. I thought about engineering or nursing, but none of those things satisfied me. I always dreamed of being apart of VMK or anything close to VMK. I want to be apart of the developing community but I don't know how or where to start. I wasted a year of time and money at the University of New Orleans trying to decide which career route I wanted to take in my life, but I'm choosing the creative route. I understand being in a artistic career means I might not always know where my next pay check will come from, and that to find jobs I must apply myself in ways that I might not always get paid for, but its still something I want to do. I'm now a sophomore at my local community college for an Associates of Applied Science, Visual Communications degree. I have not yet gotten to the computer animation course they offer as an elective but I do intend to. In typing this I was hoping someone would mentor me in developing, or at least point me to the direction that other developers have started by. I am eager to learn more and want to be apart of the virtual developing community, in VMK and any other genre of virtual games.
Thanks, T (Tara)

InkedAnimator

arin, how does sandstorm go again?
Hi, Tara!

I'm an Sophomore animation student at Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee! I'm so glad to see another user that has an interest in this field! I saw your comment on Cuipet's thread earlier. If you're interested in cg modeling or animation, a great online school is AnimationMentor.com. It's online tutoring, basically teaching people how to animate computer generated characters or modeling computer generated characters. They use a system called MAYA, which students can get for free. It's the technology most major studios are using. There's also a lot of videos and tutorials on Youtube to also help get you started. PM me if you have any more questions! :)

NOLAgirl504

New Orleans girl with Disney dreams
Hi, Tara!

I'm an Sophomore animation student at Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee! I'm so glad to see another user that has an interest in this field! I saw your comment on Cuipet's thread earlier. If you're interested in cg modeling or animation, a great online school is AnimationMentor.com. It's online tutoring, basically teaching people how to animate computer generated characters or modeling computer generated characters. They use a system called MAYA, which students can get for free. It's the technology most major studios are using. There's also a lot of videos and tutorials on Youtube to also help get you started. PM me if you have any more questions! :)
Thanks so much, thats really helpful and I'm gonna check it out! I'll keep in touch!