Best Star Wars Guest Room Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoorFroning

Build your own Star Wars guest room from scratch!

One of the only two requirements is that the room must resemble a place in the Star Wars galaxy. Plenty of examples of such include the planets/moons Dagobah, Coruscant, Endor, Naboo (plenty of different ideas just for this planet: Otoh Gunga, Theed, the field and waterfalls where Anakin and Padme share their first kiss, etc.), Jakku, Hoth, and Mustafar. The other requirement is that you cannot use either of the new Tatooine rooms unless you are using them solely for the terrain and/or sky (meaning the hut must be covered up by items). Why? It is not that I do not like these rooms (I applaud whichever designer for making them). It is just that I don't want to be getting a bunch of the same rooms where the base idea is a Tatooine hut. This isn't to say your idea can't be of planet Tatooine. If you would like to use a Tatooine room and are unsure if your idea would be disqualified, just ask me beforehand.

Onto the prizes (which may be increased, and surely not decreased)...
1st place) 150k and 1* Force Magic (swapped out castle suite furniture set for force push)
2nd place) 100k
3rd place) 50k
There will also be a participant consolation prize which isn't set yet!

How will the rooms be judged?
By me and a few others, likely 3, who I have not officially selected yet. The other judges will be people I trust in not rigging this on top of people whom I consider to be some of the best builders on the game. The other judges names will not be released (for their own privacy and to prevent bribery) and they will have as much say in it as I do (aside from disqualifications which I will solely handle). That means I will only have 25% say in it assuming I gather 3 others to judge. Each judge will score each entry under three categories: creativity, execution, and uniqueness. Creativity and execution will be scored out of 8 while uniqueness will be scored out of 4 for a grand total of 20 points possible.
Note on uniqueness: If two people decide to build a room of the same general idea (lets say an ewok village), that doesn't make the room not unique. What makes a room unique is the layout of the room along with its integral features.

How do you submit your entry?
Post a picture of the finished product right here in this thread along with your room name and description. For those who are worried about keeping their entry unique (again, which is a smaller scoring category/details above), I suggest you hold onto posting your entry until just before the deadline for entries which is the end of the month (midnight between 2/28 and 3/1). If your room has an ample amount of interactive items, let me know in your entry post and us judges will be sure to take that into account.

Have any other questions/comments/or concerns, please post them below! Not a big star wars fanatic (meaning you aren't familiar with Star Wars places) and need a bit of direction to start you off? Just ask! You definitely can still participate. Images of Star Wars places can be found online easily starting with the ever so resourceful Google Images.

I would love for as many people to participate as possible. If you are interested in donating to increase the prize pool, let me know and you will be recognized for your donations on this very thread! As I play the game over the next month, I will likely be adding more stuff to the prize pool myself.

Last edited:

PoorFroning

hmm to go ahead and post my room or not? I made it when ewoks came out with tweaks here and there
you do you! just know that the configure function is very useful in building! it was not out at that point in time. you may or may not want to add new items from this month as well! whatever you submit, you can update until the deadline.[DOUBLEPOST=1517541649][/DOUBLEPOST]@mo_money

Last edited:
Here is my entry! I call it BB8 Goes on a BB-Date with his BB-Mate! Here bb8 goes on a romantic date with prilla the porg! Its meant to be... but what will their kids look like!? Poe watched from the laterfall to make sure nothing gets akward and to save his BB8 if he needs too. Rey plays a toon of the imperial march! BB8 and prilla forever :) Pri-B8

Status
Not open for further replies.