What is your favorite way of obtaining special items?

What is your favorite way of obtaining special items?

• Pop-up Pods

Votes: 52 47.7%
  • Crates without keys

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Crates with keys

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
If you have another suggestion, leave a comment below! Or, please explain why you like/dislike any of this choices! ♥

PoorFroning

I don't mind the idea of pods or crates without keys but I feel like I don't need 17 Pinocchio Easter eggs, 19 "insert any experiment #," or 13 light blue/pink dreams shirts. To this day, I feel like best specific special events to obtain items were crate 1s, green crates, and original valentines crates (all being crates with keys). There are a few reasons for that. The win ratios of super rarers to somewhat rares (which seemingly hasn't been utilized much at all anymore) to commons seemed solid. Keys for the crates introduced another form of currency into the game. They allowed you to choose from an additional steady profit (selling them for credits) to gambling (using them) as you had to play mini games to get them (which already is a form of steady profit) primarily. Keys are a great tool for those who have just started to play and don't have much to surely "get rich quick" as long as they put in the time/effort. The last reason being is what I was first talking about. I feel like the common items in the crates with keys were moreso items for giving out in bulk (Ex: I'm more likely to use a large number of the non buyable colors of Aladdin carpet chairs from the crate 1s than a large number of Pinocchio eggs in a particular room I am building). Of course, that has less to do with the concept of giving out the items and more to do with the items themselves. I don't mind Pinocchio eggs but I don't need them in bulk so I can't really say the Easter egg basket concept beats the crate 1 concept.

Last edited:

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
I don't mind the idea of pods or crates without keys but I feel like I don't need 17 Pinocchio Easter eggs, 19 "insert any experiment #," or 13 light blue/pink dreams shirts. To this day, I feel like best specific special events to obtain items were crate 1s, green crates, and original valentines crates (all being crates with keys). There are a few reasons for that. The win ratios of super rarers to somewhat rares (which seemingly hasn't been utilized much at all anymore) to commons seemed solid. Keys for the crates introduced another form of currency into the game. They allowed you to choose from an additional steady profit (selling them for credits) to gambling (using them) as you had to play mini games to get them (which already is a form of steady profit) primarily. The last reason being is what I was first talking about. I feel like the common items in the crates with keys were moreso items for giving out in bulk (Ex: I'm more likely to use a large number of Aladdin carpet chairs from the crate 1s than a large number of Pinocchio eggs in a particular room I am building). Of course, that has less to do with the concept of giving out the items and more to do with the items themselves. I don't mind Pinocchio eggs but I don't need them in bulk...
Yes I do agree with the ratio thing. With the pods.. most of the time you got nothing in them. Plus, I do remember how fun the original crates were. Especially the Valentine crate for me personally. I would be okay with either pods or the original kind of crates with keys if I had to choose. Just as long as the ratio better I suppose, now that you mentioned it. Like I said though in my original comment with the pods I did like how it brought players in random rooms and actually encouraged them to hang out in more rooms. So if they did do the pods maybe improve the ratio to be like original crates? There is also an option to have keys with pod way of doing it too. It depends on what most people prefer (hence the poll)?

Not a fan of pods because I've run into people being cliquey in public rooms regarding them, and sometimes I don't feel like socializing :( playing mindlessly & not chatting is sometimes good stress relief, but I am a people person so I feel like I have to say hello and chat if I'm collecting pods around others!

PoorFroning

Yes I do agree with the ratio thing. With the pods.. most of the time you got nothing in them. Plus, I do remember how fun the original crates were. Especially the Valentine crate for me personally. I would be okay with either pods or the original kind of crates with keys if I had to choose. Just as long as the ratio better I suppose, now that you mentioned it. Like I said though in my original comment with the pods I did like how it brought players in random rooms and actually encouraged them to hang out in more rooms. So if they did do the pods maybe improve the ratio to be like original crates? There is also an option to have keys with pod way of doing it too. It depends on what most people prefer (hence the poll)?
Yeah I do like how pods and crates without keys such as the Halloween crates brought people into random rooms. To me, the ideal way would I guess be having crates appear in rooms and having keys for them in the mini games and a small percentage of the crates. The crates with the keys inside them obviously wouldn't have to be opened up with a key. That way, you don't have to play mini games for some keys but doing so earns you even more. This way, you'd have to play mini games to open up all the crates you've likely collected as you've collected more crates than keys from picking up crates in public rooms.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Not a fan of pods because I've run into people being cliquey in public rooms regarding them, and sometimes I don't feel like socializing :( playing mindlessly & not chatting is sometimes good stress relief, but I am a people person so I feel like I have to say hello and chat if I'm collecting pods around others!
I understand. Sometimes people can be that way and aren't as open and friendly. It's not good to feel left out (been there).

Pods are my favorite, but only if they're for a couple days, maybe a week max, and if it's required that there be a minimum number of players in a room, with more pods appearing with more players. The most fun pod version was the turkey one, As it moved around, everyone was chasing after it, trying to catch it first. It basically creates another mini-game for a limited time. If only one player has to be in a room, then it gets really boring as there is no competition to race for the pods, since nobody ever would want to share a room.

Crates with keys are nice, but I feel like there should be more than just one way to receive keys. I think in the past, the keys were available through host events, so maybe do something where the crates are with mini-games, while the keys are in host events & fantasyland rides.

Crates without keys are my least favorite, as they don't involve any competition, or challenge to receive. Quite a few people would simply play "friendly" potc to receive the crates quickly and easily, which removes all the fun of acquiring them, while also downgrading the value.

I also feel like there should always be something in the crates/pods. It's disappointing to have a bunch of crates or pods to open only to find out I won one item. If there are a couple very common items, that would basically replace any crates/pods that didn't have items, then it never really feels like you wasted a crate or pod.

as much as i felt defeated by pods , i prefer them cause its fun to hang in public rooms with friends. One thing that really would grind my gears was that other players would claim there was an unwritten rule that we couldn't get more than 1 pod per drop/spawn and attacked people who got more than one pod. But my second choice would definitely be crates without keys (:

Fotogirl

I voted popup pods just because people tend to hang out with one another in public rooms. The thing I would like to see change is to have more of a variety of the items to win. Rather than having 15-20 variations on the same theme I would love to see the monthly theme carried thru all types of prizes. Maybe 4 or 5 furniture items, 4 or 5 pins, 4 or 5 clothing items with a super rare and rare in each category, With an assorted variety of items it would cover everyone's favorites. The builders, pin collectors and fashionistas would all have something to strive for and give everyone maybe a little stronger trading variety as there would be more rares in different categories being put into the game.

McQuack

Personally, none of them. As much as they are a easy way to get more items and rares into the game, it's been overdone a taad much. I also feel like the game is relying a bit too much on luck and RNG over... anything else these days. Promote creativity and skill over roll of the dice. When you win a rare item because you accomplished something - not because the random generator just happened to be in your favor - it gives a much better sense of satisfaction and reward. I'm not saying crates should be stopped entirely, just tone it down once or twice a year. I also dislike crates because it puts a lot of "junk" into the game, as in, most people don't care for any of the prizes besides the super rares, so you're left with 1000 snow globes/pins/etc. that fill your inventory and nobody wants. Common prizes should be items that people would want multiples of, such as building materials (Walls, rugs, chairs, usable furni, like easter eggs, etc... Dunno how this can be accomplished with blind bags for pins.)

And as much as I like the idea of mini-game rewards, friendly pirates makes playing any other mini-game practically pointless since the payout ratio is way off from the other games. Not saying friendly pirates should be banned... just saying there's no point in actively playing a 10 minute game of fireworks for a key/crate when you can earn one in a minute while being AFK from pirates.

More competitions would be great - a ride competition hasn't been done since February 2015 (that's... 3 years ago. Yikes get to it :p)

Competitions don't need to have "limited" amounts of winners either - just events that test players skill and dedication where everyone can win, just requires a bit of effort and participation. Maybe have some sort of room competition where players need to collect "X amount of X items" and place it in a specific room by a deadline. Have the required items be earned through a multiple of ways (events, quests, games, maybe one of the items can work like easter baskets and appear in rooms). It would require people to actively participate in different parts of the game.

Create a new form of currency that can be controlled and can't be farmed like credits can. Disney Dollars or something? Give them out for contests/events and have a store/exchange room with exclusive items that change every so often. Promotes actively playing and would require some skill rather than be completely luck based.

Credits are past the point of inflation at this point so anything that goes on sale is almost never worth too much in the future. Some sort of credit sink would be nice (competitions do this well. Create more special items like ring boxes that cost a hefty amount of credits but have unique properties that set them apart from other items... Maybe some items can even be "store exclusive" and made untradeable so the only way to obtain them is by using credits)

I have a bunch of other random ideas but these are the ones off the top off my head. Sorry if it's a bit unorganized or hard to understand I need a nap.

airham

I'm shocked that there are this many (or any) votes for pop-up pods. You guys sure have short memories. Speaking as someone who had a lot of luck with the RNG for pods, that month was the worst for which I've been around. There were so many fights over pods. There were so many contradictory complaints about how too many pods were empty, but also that people won too many common prizes. And frankly, I would much rather be earning credits playing games while I work towards a crate than just sitting around in public rooms clicking once in a while and then arguing with people inbetween. I don't really like when the easiest path to in-game items is directly at-odds with having fun.

Assuming that the results of the vote don't dramatically change, I hope that it's noted that just about everyone that voted for crates with keys or crates without keys would gladly take either one of those over another borderline disastrous pods event.

Fruits

Personally, none of them. As much as they are a easy way to get more items and rares into the game, it's been overdone a taad much. I also feel like the game is relying a bit too much on luck and RNG over... anything else these days. Promote creativity and skill over roll of the dice. When you win a rare item because you accomplished something - not because the random generator just happened to be in your favor - it gives a much better sense of satisfaction and reward. I'm not saying crates should be stopped entirely, just tone it down once or twice a year. I also dislike crates because it puts a lot of "junk" into the game, as in, most people don't care for any of the prizes besides the super rares, so you're left with 1000 snow globes/pins/etc. that fill your inventory and nobody wants. Common prizes should be items that people would want multiples of, such as building materials (Walls, rugs, chairs, usable furni, like easter eggs, etc... Dunno how this can be accomplished with blind bags for pins.)

And as much as I like the idea of mini-game rewards, friendly pirates makes playing any other mini-game practically pointless since the payout ratio is way off from the other games. Not saying friendly pirates should be banned... just saying there's no point in actively playing a 10 minute game of fireworks for a key/crate when you can earn one in a minute while being AFK from pirates.

More competitions would be great - a ride competition hasn't been done since February 2015 (that's... 3 years ago. Yikes get to it :p)

Competitions don't need to have "limited" amounts of winners either - just events that test players skill and dedication where everyone can win, just requires a bit of effort and participation. Maybe have some sort of room competition where players need to collect "X amount of X items" and place it in a specific room by a deadline. Have the required items be earned through a multiple of ways (events, quests, games, maybe one of the items can work like easter baskets and appear in rooms). It would require people to actively participate in different parts of the game.

Create a new form of currency that can be controlled and can't be farmed like credits can. Disney Dollars or something? Give them out for contests/events and have a store/exchange room with exclusive items that change every so often. Promotes actively playing and would require some skill rather than be completely luck based.

Credits are past the point of inflation at this point so anything that goes on sale is almost never worth too much in the future. Some sort of credit sink would be nice (competitions do this well. Create more special items like ring boxes that cost a hefty amount of credits but have unique properties that set them apart from other items... Maybe some items can even be "store exclusive" and made untradeable so the only way to obtain them is by using credits)

I have a bunch of other random ideas but these are the ones off the top off my head. Sorry if it's a bit unorganized or hard to understand I need a nap.
I love you ❤️