Star wars crate event is frustrating.

riddleguy

When i found out about the star wars crate event i was excited to partipate! But i quickly become frustrated when i learned i had to use the new client because bb-8 doesnt show up in the old one. To make matters worse, its frustingly hard to catch bb-8 because of the laggyness of the new alpha client and the rooms are taking longer to load then what im used to.

When i first tried the alpha client things loaded fast for me and lag didnt seem to be issue but for whatever reason things are worse then the old client at least today.

UPDATE: Things seem smoother now lag must have been something on my end.

Last edited:

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
I agree. Be it wifi or cellular data things have been super laggy on the new client for me lately, especially in BB8 rooms. Alpha also kills my fully charged battery in just over half an hour so I can't actually play on Alpha unless my phone is plugged up, in which case I'd rather use my laptop so it's really frustrating that you can't see BB on the old client.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I agree. Be it wifi or cellular data things have been super laggy on the new client for me lately, especially in BB8 rooms. Alpha also kills my fully charged battery in just over half an hour so I can't actually play on Alpha unless my phone is plugged up, in which case I'd rather use my laptop so it's really frustrating that you can't see BB on the old client.
Something that can help immensely with lag and the battery issue is to limit the framerate! In game, go to the settings and under Display Settings should be a box you can check for limiting framerate. ♥

I'm still not sure how this works. Does there have to be certain number of people in a room for him to appear? The one time I saw him, people asked me to leave because they were taking turns. Do we need to partner up with people?

goobie

violent delights
nvm, just found him in an empty room.
He appears in rooms with 5 or more people. You don't need to partner up. Most people just do a free-for-all, however, a few people like to do friendly and take turns. Finding him in the empty room was probably a coincidence. This happened to me too. I'm guessing it was a mistake or people were chasing him and left before anyone caught him.

I guess I just lucked into a room where people left him behind. I don't have enough time in the day to look for rooms of 5 and battle with people for it. I have way too much going on personally - full time job, household, etc. I hope everyone that has the time to play enjoys it though!