Jedi Training Academy: Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celeste

Little Ball of Sunshine ☼
Okay so admittedly I've been sitting here staring waiting to respond. Right now, I don't have a definite answer. But we're working right now to fix the issue with it. So it's a possibility that you won't have to.
This would be a great thing if we were guaranteed in with our pins. Because the queues for this event have been so long, if you don’t get in the first time you’re out of luck until next time and that’s been a huge bummer :/

VMK_Rapunzel

@Celeste We've been discussing ways to try to fix this, because it wasn't something we originally thought about and can't extend to a full 2 hours all the time. For tonight, we are removing the Maze and all players will begin at the Jedi Temple. Now, we have to try to not bottleneck that first room, so we are going to play it minute by minute to see how many players to let in at once. If we could have two different queues, we would! But it's just not something we can do at the moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1518829363,1518828338][/DOUBLEPOST]PLEASE READ IF YOU PASSED LEVEL 1 AND WILL BE ENTERING THE JEDI TEMPLE A SECOND TIME.

Place your pin on your lanyard, use your magics menu (magic wand) and double click it when you are in the temple. You DO NOT need to get on the ride track!

Hi! I just wanted to say that I think tonight's Jedi Training Academy worked out very well! Things were a little backed up at some parts (which is okay, it happens!), but the queue was moving much faster, which was great. I think the whole thing was much smoother compared to the previous nights. Thank you! :)

Quick question for ya.

Some of us now have won once. Are we allowed to win both light and dark side or multiple times? Do we have to redo the whole thing if we do since we’ve already won against Rey once?

Ok I lied that was multiple questions lol
Haha wondering this also! Like if u can use the last room magic pin and keep winning lol

VMK_Rapunzel

Quick question for ya.
Some of us now have won once. Are we allowed to win both light and dark side or multiple times? Do we have to redo the whole thing if we do since we’ve already won against Rey once?
Ok I lied that was multiple questions lol
I don't have a solid answer right now, other than 'we have been allowing people to go through twice'. But I did just put your comment, as well as a few messages I have gotten directly, into our JTA group chat to see if we can discuss this kind of thing and get a solid answer. So hopefully I'll have one soon!

Something to note (this is for everyone playing): The level completion pins are not tradable. So going through on clone accounts, hoping to trade them over to your main account just to do Level 5 and get the badge/prizes is no longer allowed... Yes, we know people have been doing this. (We're not dumb, guys. Anyone who was found doing this also had their trade(s) including the pins reversed.) SO... to those of you signing in on multiple accounts to do this event? Be courteous to your fellow players and leave some space in the queue for people who have been waiting to have their shot at becoming a Jedi Master. You will not be able to trade badges over from clone accounts, either. The only way the community is going to thrive is if people play fair, and we're well aware there are some people who skirt the rules and we have been taking the necessary disciplinary actions... don't be that guy, guys. Be a good egg.

I don't have a solid answer right now, other than 'we have been allowing people to go through twice'. But I did just put your comment, as well as a few messages I have gotten directly, into our JTA group chat to see if we can discuss this kind of thing and get a solid answer. So hopefully I'll have one soon!

Something to note (this is for everyone playing): The level completion pins are not tradable. So going through on clone accounts, hoping to trade them over to your main account just to do Level 5 and get the badge/prizes is no longer allowed... Yes, we know people have been doing this. (We're not dumb, guys. Anyone who was found doing this also had their trade(s) including the pins reversed.) SO... to those of you signing in on multiple accounts to do this event? Be courteous to your fellow players and leave some space in the queue for people who have been waiting to have their shot at becoming a Jedi Master. You will not be able to trade badges over from clone accounts, either. The only way the community is going to thrive is if people play fair, and we're well aware there are some people who skirt the rules and we have been taking the necessary disciplinary actions... don't be that guy, guys. Be a good egg.
I would love to agree with everything you said here, but I geniuenly cant. Unfortuantely this comes back to the clones issue that still has not been completely dealt with. If one person uses their clone for an event (which they are) then everyone else is at an immediate disadvantadge. Which I know is what you are trying to solve by having made everything untradeable, but unfortunately that renders some really great prizes worthless.

I will admit I went through on a clone and won as my clone. I can see why that seems shady, but I did go completely through as that account. It was never my intention to have both badges, I simply wanted the magic and when I saw the robes and pin were tradable, I traded them too.

While I applaud the rule added that one main account and one clone are allowed for hunting, I do think we need to have something cut and dry across it all. Why not make it one main account and one clone for anything (events, hunting, sits) and anything more would be not allowed?

I dont feel anything has been appropriately addressed with making them untradable, as it doesnt mean people will stop bringing clones on. They still will assuming as some point in time these will become tradeable and then they will make their money. And, unfortunately, the most we have gotten from the staff team was an admin saying to report, whilst also telling everyone to “eat the kangaroo”. Funny as that may be, I personally do not consider that any sort of an official announcement.

Presumably, going forward, months will be as heavy saturated as this month, as we have a really amazing group of staff who are bringing some really amazing ideas to the game. But once again, without an official rule (and I know naysayers will just say that people should use common sense, but as I have found, sense isnt all that common) we will continue having these issues. This has been my absolutely favorite event, but putting forth a punishment based on the prizes renders it useless. HOST events should have prizes we strive to get, but it should also be our choice to trade them if we want to.

VMK_Rapunzel

@OswaldtheRabbit For what it's worth, the Moderators are planning on solidifying the clone rule (actually, we've been looking to revise/clarify a lot of our rules page) hopefully within the next month, whenever we have a meeting together. So we definitely agree, it's been a bit of a grey area, but we're working toward making it a simple black and white, no questions asked rule. :]

@Morgan E @KarolynD @OswaldtheRabbit
Now, I don't want to flood this thread with clone discussion, but maybe what can happen is a discussion among players in a... Community Feedback thread? There's probably been some in the past, but I think we could start a new one since there's been so many new players. Be on the look out for one! I think we're interested to see where everyone's thoughts are with this, too.

@VMK_Rapunzel I agree! I also love that you guys enforced a 1 clone rule for bb8 hunting! Its sad to think that people are greedy enough to try to get more and more! Screwing up the event for other poor players who have never even made it into the room! And the worse thing is i know people are still going to do it! :( But i know yall will stop it :D

@VMK_Rapunzel I agree! I also love that you guys enforced a 1 clone rule for bb8 hunting! Its sad to think that people are greedy enough to try to get more and more! Screwing up the event for other poor players who have never even made it into the room! And the worse thing is i know people are still going to do it! :( But i know yall will stop it :D
IKR! We are blessed to have patient, reasonable moderators. Back to the Jedi Training topic tho, the whole thing is awesome! I want to suggest maybe the Jedi masters getting a special pin on May the 4th?

Status
Not open for further replies.