Hosts

It would be nice if the rules in this game were fair and clear. VMK_Lady pushes you first sometimes and sometimes she doesn't. When confronted she claims that is what they do in the higher levels, but she is the only one who does it (and only sometimes).

Hello,

In the last levels of the Jedi Training Academy event, the HOST pushes first for an added difficulty. I was running 2 mats at a time, and I believe all was played fairly. While I did trip up a few times, I corrected the problem and fixed my own mistake. I appreciate you posting here, but in the last 2 levels, this is how the game is played. In your specific situation, the other player had already been pushed when you were let in. I apologize that you thought I was playing unfairly.

:paw: Lady

Last edited:

Fruits

Hello,

In the last levels of the Jedi Training Academy event, the HOST pushes first for an added difficulty. I was running 2 mats at a time, and I believe all was played fairly. While I did trip up a few times, I corrected the problem and fixed my own mistake. I appreciate you posting here, but in the last 2 levels, this is how the game is played. In your specific situation, the other player had already been pushed when you were let it. I apologize that you thought I was playing unfairly.

I lost 3 times in her room this event... The force is strong with her

Hello,

In the last levels of the Jedi Training Academy event, the HOST pushes first for an added difficulty. I was running 2 mats at a time, and I believe all was played fairly. While I did trip up a few times, I corrected the problem and fixed my own mistake. I appreciate you posting here, but in the last 2 levels, this is how the game is played. In your specific situation, the other player had already been pushed when you were let it. I apologize that you thought I was playing unfairly.

rey does not do this in level 5 and neither does the other host who helps you sometimes. i've also seen you not push first as well. i'm not trying to be mean i would just like some fairness and consistency in this game.

I don't want to start anything but I was in the room when Lady pushed you off today. I don't see how it was unfair to you in anyway, because she let you in AFTER another person was pushed off. So while you saw the other person push her, it was still your turn for your first push/ She pushed every person first while I was in there. I understand it is frustrating but it isn't unfair. I got pushed off too and didn't make it past the 4th lvl, but in no way do I blame Lady. Like she said, she was running two mats at a time. I would also like to point out she was nothing but nice and apologized when you were pushed off.

I don't want to start anything but I was in the room when Lady pushed you off today. I don't see how it was unfair to you in anyway, because she let you in AFTER another person was pushed off. So while you saw the other person push her, it was still your turn for your first push/ She pushed every person first while I was in there. I understand it is frustrating but it isn't unfair. I got pushed off too and didn't make it past the 4th lvl, but in no way do I blame Lady. Like she said, she was running two mats at a time. I would also like to point out she was nothing but nice and apologized when you were pushed off.
I don't even care. I've won the event twice already. That is not the reason I wrote this post. Every other host tells you to go or start or something along those lines. I try not to be rude and just begin because I know the other hosts have specific lines ready to tell you what to do. This game is supposed to be about creating an experience and I feel that is what the hosts are trying to do.
It seemed to me that she was rushing through the event. An honest answer of I'm sorry, I'm in a rush I have somewhere to be would have been great. I understand that people have lives outside of this game.
This occurance is not the only reason I write this. Events are constantly rescheduled or cancelled. I don't think the hosts should try to put so much effort into crazy events if they dont have the people and time to commit to them. I know these people are all volunteers but if you don't have the time to commit yourself to something you shouldn't do it.

Trishafer

Idk how the force magic works during this event or anything, but if using the magic first does give you an advantage and VMK_Lady claims it's to make the higher lvls harder, then they should do the same in the level 5 room. Just like Jennyfer said Consistency. I also lost to Lady 2 times and won on my third. I figured out she pushed first unlike ALL of the other hosts, so I don't even chit chat with her and I just push. Especially since she pushed me twice in a row 1 time, and when I said something she just ignored me.
Not saying they aren't overworked during this event and that's its not huge and stressful. But come on, consistency! Its not like she says anything to anyone who pushes her first? So if they really are supposed to push first it should be stated before everyone begins.

I don't even care. I've won the event twice already. That is not the reason I wrote this post. Every other host tells you to go or start or something along those lines. I try not to be rude and just begin because I know the other hosts have specific lines ready to tell you what to do. This game is supposed to be about creating an experience and I feel that is what the hosts are trying to do.
It seemed to me that she was rushing through the event. An honest answer of I'm sorry, I'm in a rush I have somewhere to be would have been great. I understand that people have lives outside of this game.
This occurance is not the only reason I write this. Events are constantly rescheduled or cancelled. I don't think the hosts should try to put so much effort into crazy events if they dont have the people and time to commit to them. I know these people are all volunteers but if you don't have the time to commit yourself to something you shouldn't do it.
I feel like I should address this, because I feel like it needs to be addressed.

Firstly, thank you for coming to the event. I appreciate each and every single player that comes through the door when I'm hosting an event. It's a fun time for me, and I want to make it a fun time for everyone else.

Secondly, I was not rushing this event. I do not talk much when I host because I know that other people are eager to play and eager to get through the queue as fast as possible. I'm sorry that you feel that way. While it is true that I volunteer my time for this game, I would like to point out that I had been hosting for an extra thirty minutes when you came through. I was not in a rush, I was not annoyed, and I was not intentionally ruining the experience for anyone. :)

I also did explain that I was sorry for the hold up and the back ups several times, and explained that we were having some issues with some bottlenecking. I apologize if you did not see, or if you were not around for one of those messages. I also explained to anyone that pushed first that it was a harder round, and that the host was to push first. No one was given an unfair advantage.

All in all, I want everyone to have a fun experience. I am not a host. I'm a moderator, and I volunteered my time to help host this lovely event.

Better luck next time!

Lol. This thread is the worst. We complain about the "maze" at the beginning, so they get rid of it. Then, since there's no maze, more people get to go through the trials. That slows the event down, so we complain that the event is too slow. Then the hosts do their best to try to speed it up and we complain that they're rushing. Staff is always darned if they do and darned if they don't.

There's probably something to be said for consistency of both rules and execution, and I'm sure that point is well-taken. And staff is definitely heavily exerting themselves to make the event run as smoothly and quickly as they can. Maybe they're even over-extending themselves a little bit. But to pick on one specific other point made in this thread, if we would really rather see another "match my number" event (not to downplay the effort involved in those) rather than this uniquely ambitious undertaking, then we're not worth trying for.

Tbh, staff pretty much has my permission to reply to complaints with "deal with it" gifs from here on out.

VMK_Rapunzel

Okay, I've sent a message over. We did discuss this after the first event, to try to fix the bottleneck issue in the rooms. I've clarified with all of the staff members that Levels 1-3, padawans will push first. Levels 4 and 5, the Master will push first. I've got this pinned to our chat and everyone is aware of the process now. It should be consistent from now forward. Sorry about the confusion, it seems there was some miscommunication while trying to fix some problems.
I'd just like to start out by saying this was clarified earlier this afternoon and will be consistent throughout the rest of the events.

rules in this game were fair and clear
The rules of this game have been laid out since the announcement was made here on forums. If there were any questions to this, it could have been brought to our attention prior to the 5th event being held (today). We aren't perfect, but I can promise you we're all in constant communication to try to discuss what's working/what isn't working/what we can do better next time.

I've won the event twice already
May I kindly suggest that if you've already won twice, allow other players to enter the event, especially if it's not something you don't seem to enjoy? With queues of over 125 for this event, I'm sure others who haven't won would like a chance at playing more. If it's not something you like, let other players who do like it enter.

Events are constantly rescheduled or cancelled
This attests to the fact that real life comes up. As you stated after this comment, we are all volunteers. Life happens, do-do happens, and we try to compensate where necessary. There is more that goes on behind the scenes than most players realize.

Staff is always darned if they do and darned if they don't.
Unfortunately, we realize we can't please everyone. But are we trying our hardest to make this game more fun, more accessible, more fair, and a more enjoyable time for everyone? You bet. Will we continue, even after we're darned if we do, darned if we don't? Heck yes we will.

Edit to add: I'd also like to add that @VMK_Lady is a BOSS. I checked in with her multiple times, as did other staff members, and she said she was okay and was good at handling the two. Well let me tell you, she handled the two mats like a total champ. She deserves an MVP award for today. We've all worked so hard at this event and the level of dedication from some of the staff members and the level of excitement they all have when wanting to help host (everyone dibs rooms now when I do a roll call, it's really hilarious) is 100% admirable. It's reignited my love for this game and my love for each and every one of them.

Last edited:

Trishafer

I dont think Jennyfer is complaining about rushing. Because I know everyone appreciates a host that gets people through quickly! More like she is complaining about random rules being said and only followed half the time.
I ,and what I think Jennyfer is trying to say is, Just be honest, we understand you are a person XD. If she was in a rush then she can say "just in a rush". If she had said you are too slow so I pushed you, be faster next time Padawan (or whatever star wars reference they make), then hey thats part of the game!
If the rule is Host push first the higher levels, then ALL hosts should push first. And then this post would never have existed.

VMK_Rapunzel just posted and I see they have discussed the who pushes who first thing, and that's awesome! I think I have been heard XD
But are you honestly going to tell a player to kindly not play anymore because she has won twice? I won a poop ton of Kylo Ren Masks and I am still going to show up and do events to win more. Not step aside and let everyone and their clones take forever on their phones do it instead. Then only be able to have different colored light saber magics, by paying a ridiculous amount of credits for them.
Just because Jen can step up and say something is bugging her and be completely honest in everything she has said, we should all just say she is a complainer and to tell a player, in a dying virtual community, to stop playing. Kiddos to you host. -_-

And I never attended a Jedi training event when they had the mazes, and I know Jennyfer hasnt either. So we missed out on the first few of these and never noticed or said anything about the pushing first on higher levels sooner. And as someone who has pushed Lady first in the past and seen others push first also I have never seen her say I am supposed to push first.

VMK_Rapunzel

But are you honestly going to tell a player to kindly not play anymore because she has won twice? I won a poop ton of Kylo Ren Masks and I am still going to show up and do events to win more. Not step aside and let everyone and their clones take forever on their phones do it instead. Then only be able to have different colored light saber magics, by paying a ridiculous amount of credits for them.
Just because Jen can step up and say something is bugging her and be completely honest in everything she has said, we should all just say she is a complainer and to tell a player, in a dying virtual community, to stop playing. Kiddos to you host. -_-
Something to remember: This is a special event, and a rather involved one at that. This is not a typical host event and we've clearly stated that from the start. If someone's unhappy with an event, after going through as many times as they needed to to win twice, I think it's fair to ask them to think about the players who are enjoying the event. To think about the queue that seems to be never ending, and whether or not the people who are enjoying it will have a chance to win. Again, this is up to the community to work together to do, as I explained in the original thread discussion.

There's a lot of players who haven't had a chance to play yet, so would I like to see them pop through a few times? Heck yeah. Have we discussed adding additional events because we've heard such feedback from players about not having a chance to even participate because of the queue? Yes, we have. (Which, in turn has directly made us revisit our Clone Policy.) We can only run the event for so long, and try to loop the queue, until we'll be here for 5 hours. And, as it's been pointed out, we're volunteers. We like our sleep just as much as anyone else.

And while I love hearing feedback from players about events, I believe that feedback is only helpful when it's done in a way that's constructive. Calling a moderator out and tagging her directly, who doesn't normally host events but has graciously volunteered her time (at least 2 hours, if not more, every time) to spend time and make sure the event is running smoothly? Instead of saying something such as "Can I get some clarification on who is supposed to go first in the Jedi event?" the way some other players have voiced their concerns? I don't think that's quite fair. I'm also a moderator. I do not host events. I don't know the ins and outs of hosting, so having hosts share their insight and expertise has helped immensely. But do things fall through the cracks? Of course they do!

I have no problem defending the staff members who have volunteered to take the time out of their day to do this. They've helped this idea become a reality and I am forever grateful for that. They're the super heroes who are doing this, running each room, speaking with you all while I pop in and out of different rooms making sure everything is running smoothly. This event alone has made our staff team bond more than I could have ever imagined. It's turned into more than just an event that we host together. When I say that this event has changed the way we work as a staff team? I mean it. Big, really amazing things, are coming your way folks. This seemed to relight a fire that we all seemed to have let burn out. That was never my intention with it, but I'm so glad it happened.

My suggestion for the future is that if you have constructive criticism to share, do so in a way that isn't so much accusatory, but in a way that will allow us to work with you to find a solution. Explain the situation that happened in a non-rude, non-accusatory way. We're more than happy to work with that and discuss possible solutions. (Please see the Jedi Training Academy thread as this has happened multiple times over the last few weeks.) Rather than directly tagging a moderator and making a passive aggressive comment about the game rules, explain the situation and any ideas/suggestions that you might have for the next time it is run. I'm sure I speak for all of the MyVMK Staff when I say we'd much rather see (and we enjoy seeing) suggestions being made rather than passive aggressive comments being made that only discourage some of us to not want to do something like this again.

The issue that was originally brought up has been addressed with all of the Jedi Masters, and will be consistent for the reminder of the events. I'm glad it was originally brought to my attention by a few players who were confused by it, and I'm glad it was the easiest fix of all of the event problems.

I don't have time to read every post on the forums and every reply to them. The room was operated differently each time I went in so I was unclear on the rules.
I do not think any of my comments are passive aggressive, I said exactly what I meant to say.
I did not mean for it to be a personal attack, I apologise. However, lady is the only person hosting that did it this way so I obviously needed to include a name. Thanks for your responses.
It is obvious that this game upsets me because it's too much. Trying to obtain the large amount of items released is too time consuming and it turns into a a job for the people playing as well.
I will just quit or cut back the time i spend in the game.

Here is my suggestion to improve the game:
don't put out so many items, many players can not keep up with the workload (being the reason cloning is a problem in the first place)
dont do overcomplicated events that there aren't enough hosts for

I will no longer be replying to this thread. Hosts are welcome to reply if they have more to say and I will read the responses. Thanks.

Last edited:

goobie

violent delights
Trying to obtain the large amount of items released is too time consuming and it turns into a a job for the people playing as well.
While there are players who attempt to collect everything in game, most people have to pick and choose what items they want to acquire. I know a lot of us want to have as much as possible, but at the end of the day I think we all need to take a step back and just breathe.

As for the suggestion about not releasing so many items, a while ago many were complaining about the lack of releases. It really seems that, as mentioned above, staff can't win.

I know you said you were no longer replying, that's fine. I just wanted to point out a few things to consider.

bethmarie

Pineapple obsessed
Omg, this is like real life Disney. Now you know how cast members feel. Darned if we do, darned if we don't :M:P: Just a reminder that this is a game. It is meant to have fun. I had no clue how this event worked and never got in, and I am not a person to wait for things especially if it is for something I don't really really want. So, I made the decision to not participate in these events at all for the month so that others who are more interested and want to wait can participate. Enjoy the work that these volunteer hosts (not paid!) put on and put their work into and be thankful VMK exists at all. Sometimes you need to decide when to make adult decisions and what in life is truly worth it. Not saying your frustrations aren't warranted, but at the same time, is all this ridiculous complaining posting really necessary or can we just move on to understanding how we can all work to make the next month even better and even smoother because a lot of the events are being held up due to players trying to log on to clone accounts or being afk knowing they are next in the queue or already in the room, etc, so that would be player problems not host problems. And while I am here, thank you hosts for doing such a great job. Although I am really not a fan of Star Wars and am rather excited Feb is over and am ready for next month, I really have enjoyed this month and have even gotten into Star Wars a bit more. :) :GreenLightSaber:

Last edited by a moderator: