a guy jedi outfit

PoorFroning

barriss is cool as heck tho

((also the thought of a ventress outfit ))
I do like barris... just feel like guys should have a Jedi costume by now, especially since this is myvmks third Star Wars related month. Last week was kinda disappointing with slave leia outfit release and no guy outfit release. I love the Rey outfit and just wish there was a guy version (yes I understand rey technically isn't a Jedi but you know what I mean)

Last edited:

Amy

Head Administrator
Hmm let me explain something, the Barriss thing was a hat, which is only 5 images and they're all relatively straightforward. However a T-Shirt alone (not including pants!) is 95 images, pants is another 60, and shoes are 60 on top of that... So a full outfit including hat is 220 images and excluding hat is 215... That's a lot. Not to mention how confusing some of it can be and how hard and tedious it is to get them not only made and stuff, but correcting it so that it's perfect in the game.

and here's the thing, there's already a unisex, bordering on male jedi robe in the game as it is that was released this month, as well as in the past the storm trooper and darth vader outfits. So sure, something like Luke would have been more recognisable, but how on earth do you make a Luke hat... do you want his scruffy hair as a wig LOL... all I'm saying here is be fair when comparing things, because the workload for a single hat is totally different, and the designers work super super hard to get this done. I personally haven't made an outfit in like well over a year (or more I think), because I find it so tedious and painful to do that I literally can't!

So I guess I'm saying, remember how much work they put in for this kind of thing (@GA_Leia made most of our outfits for this month... as well as the plushies... and the new hairs we had this month... and a ton more... she's a literal godsend) and that it's not easy to make an outfit... You've gotta go with what's fun for you to make a lot of the time, too, when something is so tedious... otherwise you'll go mad (I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE LOL).

Just as an aside, I wanted to put a little thanks to all of our designers here, kind of a random place to do it but I wanted to say publicly that we really do appreciate you all <3

Bill_Murray

rereading my message i see that i came off as a bit rude. i’ve liked all of the jedi stuff so far and actually i had an idea that would make those looking for a male jedi outfit happy, and that is to just recolor the blue hood to match the jedi robes and call it an obi wan hat. sorry if i sounded rude haha just felt a little left out as a guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 12025
btw, this is all the images needed for one top. This is the Rey top. Lol.

Amy this is really cool and I think it would be awesome to share stuff like this every now and then so the players can see all of the hard work that actually goes into planning new releases.

I know that some people get frustrated when releases aren't on time but that's because they fail to think about all the planning and preparation that goes into it!

Perhaps sharing some images or part of the designing process can help players to ah, *appreciate* all of the hard work that goes into this VOLUNTARILY STAFFED GAME instead of complaining when something falls through.

Oops, I just got triggered. -steps off soapbox-

-Meg

PoorFroning

Hmm let me explain something, the Barriss thing was a hat, which is only 5 images and they're all relatively straightforward. However a T-Shirt alone (not including pants!) is 95 images, pants is another 60, and shoes are 60 on top of that... So a full outfit including hat is 220 images and excluding hat is 215... That's a lot. Not to mention how confusing some of it can be and how hard and tedious it is to get them not only made and stuff, but correcting it so that it's perfect in the game.

and here's the thing, there's already a unisex, bordering on male jedi robe in the game as it is that was released this month, as well as in the past the storm trooper and darth vader outfits. So sure, something like Luke would have been more recognisable, but how on earth do you make a Luke hat... do you want his scruffy hair as a wig LOL... all I'm saying here is be fair when comparing things, because the workload for a single hat is totally different, and the designers work super super hard to get this done. I personally haven't made an outfit in like well over a year (or more I think), because I find it so tedious and painful to do that I literally can't!

So I guess I'm saying, remember how much work they put in for this kind of thing (@GA_Leia made most of our outfits for this month... as well as the plushies... and the new hairs we had this month... and a ton more... she's a literal godsend) and that it's not easy to make an outfit... You've gotta go with what's fun for you to make a lot of the time, too, when something is so tedious... otherwise you'll go mad (I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE LOL).

Just as an aside, I wanted to put a little thanks to all of our designers here, kind of a random place to do it but I wanted to say publicly that we really do appreciate you all <3
i understand whole outfits are more work, that @GA_Leia has been doing a ton, and i also am not saying i dislike any of the new stuff. i actually love the barriss hat. that being said, the vast majority of people in the game dont have a clue who barriss is. the robe is up to chance to get. the probability of one getting a robe from the event even if that person makes every single event isnt even close to 100 percent. i can walk anyone through the math who thinks otherwise. as you mentioned there are storm trooper costumes and such in the game, but none of them are jedi. im guessing there wont be another set of stuff released for star wars since the end of the month is near, but i still hope a guy version of reys outfit (all of the jedis wear that sort of beige outfit during points throughout the movies) makes it into the game at some point in time. the outfit wouldnt even have to have a hat or shoes (agree with u on the luke hat). a shirt and pants alone would be great