~ A Swinging Wake ~

Thorn

Make it Green
"When the crypt doors creak and the tombstones quake, spooks come out for a swinging wake."

Cross over the bridge to the "other side" and join Leota for a swinging wake ;)

The room is supposed to be similar to one of the stories of the Haunted Mansion: that you die while inside and the end scene is a graveyard full of ghosts throwing you a party.

Here, you're on the Haunted Mansion property and fall into the water as you cross the bridge- to be greeted with a party on the other side

Last edited:

Thorn

Make it Green
The Happy Haunts and I are having a swinging wake right now![DOUBLEPOST=1428872645][/DOUBLEPOST]Got to add @hogie's Faciliegg! You can see the spirits partying in the firewall's window if anyone visits

Last edited:

Karalora

I just want to gush about the cool details in this room to those who may not have noticed...

* The Swinging Wake is all taking place on one side of the bridge. All the "active" spirits--the glowing statues, fireworks, Leota, etc.--are on that side. But there's a bottle and lantern on the ground on the other side--the Caretaker saw the goings-on, dropped what he was holding, and beat it!
* The deactivated firewall with a Faciliegg behind it represents an open crypt with spirits flying around inside.
* The fireworks cones send up sparks in much the same fashion as the ghosts flying up out of the ground on the ride.
* Maleficent thrones, briarstones, and troll eggs stand in for ornate, overgrown, or moss-covered gravestones.
* It's not visible in the screencap, but there's another troll egg perched up on top of the night sky flats--it's the moon!

Let's all give Thorn a round of applause for this exceptional creative item use!

I just want to gush about the cool details in this room to those who may not have noticed...

* The Swinging Wake is all taking place on one side of the bridge. All the "active" spirits--the glowing statues, fireworks, Leota, etc.--are on that side. But there's a bottle and lantern on the ground on the other side--the Caretaker saw the goings-on, dropped what he was holding, and beat it!
* The deactivated firewall with a Faciliegg behind it represents an open crypt with spirits flying around inside.
* The fireworks cones send up sparks in much the same fashion as the ghosts flying up out of the ground on the ride.
* Maleficent thrones, briarstones, and troll eggs stand in for ornate, overgrown, or moss-covered gravestones.
* It's not visible in the screencap, but there's another troll egg perched up on top of the night sky flats--it's the moon!

Let's all give Thorn a round of applause for this exceptional creative item use!
Oh my gosh you are so sweet :D
It's exciting to know someone actually analyzed the room when they visited as much as I did when I was making it :)