Account Expirations

Would you like to see this enforced in MyVMK?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SweetTea

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/SweetTeasBoutique
Let me first note that I am VERY thankful for the few players who do raffles and giveaways when they are planning to leave or have decided they can no longer play the game and wish to keep their unused items circulating.

However, there is an even greater number of players who do not extend this courtesy. I propose that accounts that have remained inactive for a certain period of time for example, 2 years, receive inactivity warnings via the email address they signed up with. Meaning, if a player does not log in within a certain amount of time, their items are automatically distributed through a community raffle and their account is terminated. This should not only aid in freeing up favorable player names and eliminating old clones as another community member has recently suggested, but will also help to control the values and get more ultra rares circulating in the game once again. Perhaps it will present more incentive to continue playing the game and gain new players as well! This can also be used for accounts that have been banned for a certain period of time. For example, if an account has been banned for 50+ years, that player will essentially no longer have access to their account, items, etc and everything remains unused.

Last edited:

SweetTea

Lost items in the void is what makes the supply and demand in this game happen.
I agree with you, but it is also the reason our community is drifting away and I am just suggestion a solution that would still keep high values for ultra rares without it being obsessive or foreseeably unattainable as many people perceive them to be.

Last edited:

Ern

Yams in my bank account
I agree with you, but it is also the reason our community is drifting away and I am just suggestion a solution that would still keep high values for ultra rares without it being obsessive or foreseeably unattainable as many people perceive them to be.
I totally agree with you that people are a little too obsessive and attached to certain things buuuut this game doesn't have a main end goal so certain items in the game are what people aim for and if its easily acquired they'll get bored.
High values and obsessiveness is what keeps a lot of people still playing, motivated enough to get the item they want. Some people play mini-games or to keep trading up to earn more credits for what someone is selling.
tho its not true to plenty of people in the game, i know people who play just to trade; they sell items overpriced sometimes *ehm* @Gamingboi *ehm* but its because they knows they're the only reliable people willing to sell you it unlike others.
business is business.

SweetTea

I totally agree with you that people are a little too obsessive and attached to certain things buuuut this game doesn't have a main end goal so certain items in the game are what people aim for and if its easily acquired they'll get bored.
High values and obsessiveness is what keeps a lot of people still playing, motivated enough to get the item they want. Some people play mini-games or to keep trading up to earn more credits for what someone is selling.
tho its not true to plenty of people in the game, i know people who play just to trade; they sell items overpriced sometimes *ehm* @Gamingboi *ehm* but its because they knows they're the only reliable people willing to sell you it unlike others.
business is business.
So our problem lies in whether it is best to preserve current players who enjoy the skyrocketing values OR accommodate players on the verge of leaving the game due to this very issue. Mind you, I will say that the game is only as good as the number of active players who are willing to contribute to the values. Without this, there would be no game. Of the two parties, I have personally witnessed far more players leave than stay due to this problem. It may be a matter of opinion, so I will agree to disagree. But you hold a very strong argument! Are you sure you didn't major in Pre-law as well? ;)

Ern

Yams in my bank account
in a mutual standpoint for what i've seen in this game people come and go. there are core players who have stuck with this game, there are players who have no time anymore to play, players who play for the nostalgia then leave after a short amount of time and there are returning players who've played and visit once in a while, so this community is always losing people and gaining people. a lot of the time people leave because they have other things going on in life and simply just forget about it. I agree it sucks seeing people leave and values are often too much for some people. Its hard to satisfy a whole community when some keep asking for more. Like many scenarios in life... "give a dog a bone and they'll want steak". Hard to satisfy people when they'll always be hungry.

yeah my first year college I TRIED to major in law but i ended up switching majors cause it was bit too difficult for me plus i didn't want to go to law school afterwards :(

Last edited:
I kinda agree with this as well.

I agree with this because the prices are sky rocketing and I feel like some items don't even exist anymore because either A. theyre on stuck accounts or B. "greedy" people keep it to themselves and/or have multiple and wish not to share because they want to feel rich and/or like the item. Sure I want to push myself to get items I want but I wish not to spend all my time accommodating credits for items, which are already pricey to begin with, to get the big item I want because it's pricey and the person would like ultras or some ish. Then maybe in the end can never find the item because absolute no one wants to trade it off, not even for a deal worth maybe 2mill+.

I disagree with this because some players cannot even play the game anymore due to being on mac. It's not their fault -ahem- so it would suck if they couldn't play for years and then certain people finally fix the mac problem, all their stuff would be gone. I'd feel bad.

Megara

no sleep club
I have a mutual standpoint on this.... Because there's really not many people who actually go on the game anymore, high valued items are in short supply. On the other hand, there's a lot of circumstances where people can't get on the game. Like Rosey mentioned, a lot of Mac users have issues - so implementing an expiration date on accounts at this point would do more harm than good. Another situation is what if accounts with rares do start to come on the game again (so their account doesn't get deleted), but they just don't want to trade their items? Can't force those to give up items they have, even if they have multiple.

I'm a Mac user and am able to use MyVMK Launcher to go on the game, but I don't go on as frequently as I'd like because there's just no one else on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karla

I do agree with your opinion about deactivating accounts but maybe if its been longer than a year. For example, i have more play time during the summer or winter break as I will be a teacher soon. I do wish the items would be distributed better because the flip hats are literally impossible to get. Even the newer ones flip hats seem impossible to get. it makes everyone (including myself and others ived talked to) feel discouraged to continue getting pods etc

LordBD

I completely agree with @Ern in regards to,
people come and go. there are core players who have stuck with this game, there are players who have no time anymore to play, players who play for the nostalgia then leave after a short amount of time and there are returning players who've played and visit once in a while, so this community is always losing people and gaining people.
There will always be people who come back to revisit the game and their accounts. It would be unfair to terminate their progress because many people just don't have the time to play often and consistently. I know many players who haven't played since 2015 (which still seems recent to me), and don't think their items should be raffled away. Who knows whenever they'll return, but at least they won't have to start all over.
However I do think this an interesting idea. This could be a good way to shake up the economy, but it would be fair if it only applies to the "permanently" banned accounts and not the inactive ones.

SweetTea

@Megara, @Karla, @LordBD
To clarify, I am not stating we should force players to raffle off their hard-earned items. If they log on, thus showing they are still active, then they are as entitled to their possessions as a player who logs in every day and should be able to do with them whatever they wish. Karla, I completely agree with you about the year timeframe. That is why my original suggestion was to allot two years of inactivity on an account before issuing warning emails to users who have not logged in by then. And congratulations on your new teaching position! :D

@Rosey, @Megara
As for the issue for mac users, I would be happy to provide both of you and any other community member experiencing this problem with the way I got around the issue on my own macbook computer. I will post a new thread with step-by-step instructions on how I did this a little later. Keep an eye out for the thread under the "Help!" section.

Thank you everyone who has participated in this discussion for your thoughts and feedback thus far! I am so happy to see other players just as passionate about keeping the magic of MyVMK alive.

receive inactivity warnings via the email address they signed up with.
To the people saying that a person might not want to have their rares taken away due to inactivity, @SweetTea addressed this ^^^ If a person might want to sign on again/hopes for the Mac issues to all be resolved, they can simply reply to the email by staff stating "No, i would not like my items to be wiped from me." Hence, I consider this idea a viable one :thumbsup:

The loss of certain items in the game like the flips is what makes them rise. And although those without them (including myself) might not want them to rise because we would like one..you also have to view it from the point of those who do. Having items like that is an investment as theyre always going to go up in value and for those who own one thats great for them. This is why these type of items are so lusted after. to be fair the flip hats in my opinion are pretty boring and there are many nicer hats in the game, people only really want them because of their rarity. If you took away their rarity they wouldnt be wanted anymore. I also dont think it would be fair to remove items from people when they put their hard work into getting them. They might not know or use their email anymore and might not be aware theyre about to have their items raffled and come back to the game with an empty inventory.[DOUBLEPOST=1501899630][/DOUBLEPOST]
To the people saying that a person might not want to have their rares taken away due to inactivity, @SweetTea addressed this ^^^ If a person might want to sign on again/hopes for the Mac issues to all be resolved, they can simply reply to the email by staff stating "No, i would not like my items to be wiped from me." Hence, I consider this idea a viable one :thumbsup:
If someone is given the choice whether to have their items they workd hard for taken away from them I highly doubt anyone would be saying yes, those who would probably already gave everything away when they quit.

riddleguy

One solution is to re-release some of these items to bring their value down a bit. I know some items cant be re-released but some high value items can. The stitch hat was an original vmk item and this high value item could be released temporarily at 50k/hide and seek prize to bring the value down. It would still be worth a good amount but not as much as before.

One solution is to re-release some of these items to bring their value down a bit. I know some items cant be re-released but some high value items can. The stitch hat was an original vmk item and this high value item could be released temporarily at 50k/hide and seek prize to bring the value down. It would still be worth a good amount but not as much as before.
They are rare items for a reason. I want a ferarri. That doesnt mean I think they should make billions of them so I can have one. Its people who dont have the items complaining. If the items were released they are no longer rare and its unfair on those who have manged to own them.

I am strongly against this. Just because an account is inactive what gives anyone the right to take the things they earned?
Players can take breaks for extended periods of time and decide to come back to the game years later because they missed it.

If I was taking a hiatus and came back to my items gone or my account deleted I'd lose my mind.

If you want something that badly, earn it, don't take it from someone else. Yes, some costs are ridiculous on ultras, but if you want it that bad you'll find a way.

riddleguy

They are rare items for a reason. I want a ferarri. That doesnt mean I think they should make billions of them so I can have one. Its people who dont have the items complaining. If the items were released they are no longer rare and its unfair on those who have manged to own them.
We already have been getting re-releases. I see nothing wrong with this when timed correctly. In most games with items, prices go up and down based on supply and demand. If items only went up in value that would be boring they should become less expensive too.

However, certain items should stay retired especially the pins.

We already have been getting re-releases. I see nothing wrong with this when timed correctly. In most games with items, prices go up and down based on supply and demand. If items only went up in value that would be boring they should become less expensive too.

However, certain items should stay retired especially the pins.
Why should pins stay retired and nothing else? Yes we have had things we released but nothing re released has been super or ultra rare. It has been items that arent so lusted after. This debate has been had so many times before, people without ultras complaining they want them rereleased. And it doesnt happen and never will. Because half the community without ultras wants it and the half with ultras doesnt. You might feel it isnt fair you cant afford one, but those people with them couldnt afford them once either. And it would be unfair to take that hard work away from them.