Account Expirations

Would you like to see this enforced in MyVMK?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

riddleguy

Why should pins stay retired and nothing else? Yes we have had things we released but nothing re released has been super or ultra rare. It has been items that arent so lusted after. This debate has been had so many times before, people without ultras complaining they want them rereleased. And it doesnt happen and never will. Because half the community without ultras wants it and the half with ultras doesnt. You might feel it isnt fair you cant afford one, but those people with them couldnt afford them once either. And it would be unfair to take that hard work away from them.
Just seems true to the spirit of disney to not re-release pins. I am not saying an item should be released just because its valuable and people want it re-released. I am saying that just because an item is lusted after and worth a lot doesnt mean it should never be re-released ever. Staff should be free to re-release the items that are re-releasable as they see fit. Also its impossible to please everybody but one thing they can do with the items worth more is set them at expensive prices but maybe less then what they typically go for.

I do believe its possible to release the the super/ultra rares without being unfair to those who worked hard to earn them. Lets say an item is worth 100k.....they could re-release for one week only at 80k or re-release it as a prize for a special hide and seek session/contest so not many people get them. Also i think releasing more of a high value item even if only in very limited quanties for a contest or something is better then taking it away from inactive accounts.
As people have said, i would be upset if my hard earned items were gone if i went on hiatus and came back.

Last edited:

Streetlights

Two years is plenty of time to log on at least once and keep everything you want. Even if you did work hard and earn all of the credits you needed there is no gurantee anyone would sell to you. I think this is a great idea.

Even if you work hard to get the items, if you haven't been on in 2 years then that's more then just a hiatus. It's one thing for not being able to be on like for macs but as for just not getting on at all without a reason other then not wanting to is different. And saying "I'm busy with college or whatever" its two years, that's a long time to be busy 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for 2 whole years. If you want to keep your items then there's no reason why you can't take even 5 minutes to just log in, and then log out. It's not like its asking you to actively play. Literally just log in, log out, go another 2 years. And a big thing for me is that a lot of old players quit this game out of rage for either melody or amy or lisa and took their items with them out of spite. Not because they wanted to come back or even would consider coming back. But they legit wanted as many items out of circulation as possible. That's not fair to the new players who will never even get to see these items or know they exist.

As for re-releasing rares; I think that if they only do a handful then it would be ok. They could do like another Christmas raffle or hide and seek like with the red dreams shirt. I don't think selling in stores is a good idea though because someone with endless credits would just buy a million and sell them for the original sky-rocketed price. Its just a tender subject because yes we do work hard for what we get but (say black flip) that they only give out 3 then what damage is that really going to do? As long as its done correctly then I don't see why not. And not just because they should be more accessible or whatever, but because so many are lost in banned accounts or people who will never come back.

I stilll don't think any items should be taken from abother player's account regardless of how long it's been inactive. Even staff won't give you a taken username if it belongs to another player even if they've been inactive. It's respect for that player's time and work put into their character.
I don't own ONE SINGLE ultra and I'd hate to own one knowing it was taken from somebody else.

Not many games will delete your account just because you are inactive. I don't see why this should be that game to do it.

I'm all for the occasional rerelease, but to completely rip someone off.....yea no.

Even if you work hard to get the items, if you haven't been on in 2 years then that's more then just a hiatus. It's one thing for not being able to be on like for macs but as for just not getting on at all without a reason other then not wanting to is different. And saying "I'm busy with college or whatever" its two years, that's a long time to be busy 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for 2 whole years. If you want to keep your items then there's no reason why you can't take even 5 minutes to just log in, and then log out. It's not like its asking you to actively play. Literally just log in, log out, go another 2 years. And a big thing for me is that a lot of old players quit this game out of rage for either melody or amy or lisa and took their items with them out of spite. Not because they wanted to come back or even would consider coming back. But they legit wanted as many items out of circulation as possible. That's not fair to the new players who will never even get to see these items or know they exist.

As for re-releasing rares; I think that if they only do a handful then it would be ok. They could do like another Christmas raffle or hide and seek like with the red dreams shirt. I don't think selling in stores is a good idea though because someone with endless credits would just buy a million and sell them for the original sky-rocketed price. Its just a tender subject because yes we do work hard for what we get but (say black flip) that they only give out 3 then what damage is that really going to do? As long as its done correctly then I don't see why not. And not just because they should be more accessible or whatever, but because so many are lost in banned accounts or people who will never come back.
Preaching the first paragraph.

There are literally certain people who quit and kept their items out of spite, and some who quit with multiple of rare items. Certainly not fair to new players. Sure they can work hard for it but I'm sure they will burnt out by the time they will reach maybe 500k in however long they been working on it. (this is approaching to char's comment). All scenarios are different. All people like different things. Some like the rarity, some like the way it looks. I just want items because they look cool but can I get them? Lol funny. It's not easy no but am I going to waste my time getting credits all day every day just to get what I want super quick? No ma'am/sir. I'll still try but like.... I'll earn more credits/items when I see someone trading that item. And that is rare.

Honestly what exact harm will it do to re-lease some stuff? Black flip is already over 1mill. NOBODY EVEN TRADES STITCHES OR GREEN FLIPS ANYMORE. Let's be reasonable and real. "Oh but you should look more closely at who's trading them" nah, I see the same store threads and wanting threads. And people trading eggs or pods or not super rare stuff (that i like as well). @SweetTea has been looking for a green flip forever and I believe she has a great deal. Does anyone want to trade it though? Nope. She's earned her way to getting one but also there is none in circulation for trade. The value is alright for green flip but I have yet to see any being trade for the past couple of months. Quitting raffles do not count.

I stilll don't think any items should be taken from abother player's account regardless of how long it's been inactive. Even staff won't give you a taken username if it belongs to another player even if they've been inactive. It's respect for that player's time and work put into their character.
I don't own ONE SINGLE ultra and I'd hate to own one knowing it was taken from somebody else.

Not many games will delete your account just because you are inactive. I don't see why this should be that game to do it.

I'm all for the occasional rerelease, but to completely rip someone off.....yea no.
I would have to agree with this. It's absolutely not fair to the players who have worked hard to earn those things and may one day just want to log back into the game for nostalgia purposes and might just want to take a look back at all the hard work that they put into earning those items. There's also the issue of the players who cannot get online and/or may never reply back to the staff at all. If they did not know about this taking place, logged in, and found their items had just vanished without any explanation as to why I would assume that they would be devastated.

If we were viewing this from the point-of-view of a staff member, I doubt they would want to go through the thousands of players who have signed up over the years and see what each of those players. Their time that they voluntarily dedicate to this game should be used on other things such as preparing events, moderating, making items for all of us to enjoy, and visiting us in the game from time to time. They should spend their time on making this game more enjoyable for us in different ways. I believe that they would feel horrible taking away things that were earned by other players that don't log into the game and giving those things away when those players worked so hard to earn those items in the first place.

These are just my thoughts. I know if I were in this position personally, I would not want my items to be given away because I put a lot of work into getting the items that I have now. It's just not respectful to take things from others who did not want to give them away in the first place.

Ern

Yams in my bank account
Its literally like taking candy from a baby. Just cause they have other things going on in life doesn't mean we should go in to their property and just raffle it all away, this isn't storage wars.

That's not fair to the new players who will never even get to see these items or know they exist.
Its like collecting basketball cards, NEW collectors wont get the chance to to go to the store open a pack and get a rookie Micheal Jordan card, some collectors, just like us, know its out there but they also know that some of those high valued cards are just rotting from existence.

There are literally certain people who quit and kept their items out of spite, and some who quit with multiple of rare items. Certainly not fair to new players.
Thats an assumption, and so what if they quit out of spite? you're saying we're going to take their items as an act of revenge?

At the end of the day these so called rare items is what keeps some people interested in the game and is the reason why you guys want this to happen. Its now the people who don't have the rare items they want that are and attached to them more than the people who have them.

@Ern @MelodyTimeyWhimey Alright, then the alternative solution for more rares is to re-lease? Even if the thread was made for '"only" re-purposing items from old accounts, it's just an idea that's getting support, however there can be alternative solutions to make things not messy. Such as yes staff looking at thousands of accounts or people being upset coming back into the game with their stuff gone. We're not cold hearted (nor did you guys assume or said that), but with cowboy's point, you really do not check your email for 2 years? I understand it may be difficult to log in with a mac issue and that is fine if they say "no, i want to keep my items" in the email, that is totally fine. We are not saying WE DEMAND THE DEAD ONES TO GIVE UP THEIR RARES, no no. If you want to keep your stuff because you may come back that's absolutely cool, but some people are generous and will come back to give away items.

There has been another thread where someone suggested staff re-release rares in crates again (possibly make the drop rate same as the pods right now, aka "terrible"). So what is the real issue? Dropping values or taking away from old players? Both are an issue sure... but I care more about the people losing their stuff than value dropping. Sure people are.... eh "pulled in" because of the rarity of stuff but how many people have left or stopped trying because it's not worth it? May not happen soon no and they can wait a while for whatever to happen but they lose interest along the way and forget about it. Not an assumption either.

Like i've said in earlier posts, this debate comes up time and time again and they never get re-released unless its for example, 1 stitch hat for a new years raffle. They aren't re-released because they're ultras, they're supposed to be ULTRA rare and expensive. It wont ever happen because the community will always be too divided on the issue for it to happen. I want ultras to be something I can gain credits to work towards. If everyone owns them or they aren't high price what do we have to work towards.[DOUBLEPOST=1501960869][/DOUBLEPOST]People dont trade stitch or flips often because they like the item and they want to keep them. If someone wants an item THAT much, they will have to pay double or triple the "value" of the item and I think thats fair enough. If someone doesnt want to trade their item they dont have to. Ive had to pay triple the value of an item I really wanted before and I didnt mind, because I knew the people who owned that item owned it because they loved it and I was going to have to pay a lot to bargain with someone for them to trade it which I think is fair enough.

Ern

Yams in my bank account
the problem is wanting to basically raffling off accounts, overall thats a horrible idea. I only bring up items being rare and why they're rare because you guys brought it up and is the reason why you guys want "unused accounts" to be raffled off. The solution is simple. keep circulation of items the way it is.

SweetTea

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/SweetTeasBoutique
Alright, guys. Just to remind you, this thread was made with the intentions of a peaceful debate among the community. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it is evident that we are soundly divided on this issue. To clear a few things up, the original suggestion was not made by one who is lacking in ultra rares by any means. I have many, but I do not make an attempt to control the values nor do I overindulge myself in ultras by hoarding. So it's important to understand that this topic was not brought up by someone who isn't well versed in the struggles of earning, tracking, networking, and losing countless nights of sleep over a GAME. We discuss this topic as if we were debating our own economy. It is important to remember that MyVMK is only a game and fellowship of friends. It is not real life. However, that being said. Games will only continue so long as they are fun to play. The re-release of ultra rares is arguably the most favorable suggestion for all players regardless of your "wealth" but it has been overlooked countless times. Therefore, there is no need to fret a topic that will inevitably continue to be ignored. The problem is, the loss of players can be directly associated with the increasing values no matter how you put it.

Last edited:
Clearly by the poll it is not favourable by all, and is actually not wanted by more players than those who do want it.[DOUBLEPOST=1501990181][/DOUBLEPOST]The loss of players is due to the fact that we as a community are getting older every day. We are not children anymore and our lives for most, become increasingly busier. This game also doesnt get busy until the evening due to most of us having lives to lead and work to do. That means that the only minigames we can play are jungle cruise and fireworks, (as there is no one online during the day) which are quite boring in my opinion. The only thing players can do on this game is essentially talk to other people, collect a few items and play some rather dull minigames. Its essentially a 3d chatroom. For the most part this is nostalgia for most of us and it wears off, people get bored and find other things to do in life. Having a couple ultras would not change that.

It isn't favorable to either side really. Especially as 30 votes is hardly even a glimpse of the population. So it's in no way favoring to either side. And no one said it was favorable to yes.[DOUBLEPOST=1501990750][/DOUBLEPOST]As for people quitting, these both are reasons for people quitting. It's silly to bicker which it was because for some it may be one way and for some it may be the other. There isn't just one acceptable answer with people. Everyone is different and has different intents.

Sweet said it was favourable by ALL to rerelease rares. This is not true at all. I know that isnt what the poll is for, but thats essentially what wiping old accounts is for, to rerelease rares And as more of the population say no, it isnt favourable. There is only 30 votes so far but there isnt that many more active players.

And you're making it sound like no one wants them and everyone is against it so in a sense you're doing the same thing she is, just for the opposite motive.[DOUBLEPOST=1501990963][/DOUBLEPOST]Like I said, it's only a 2 vote difference so it's really either sides way at this point.

Ern

Yams in my bank account
No on rereleases too look what happened to bare feet, people got scammed and people got banned for selling it the price it was before and they didn't know it was released again. Then when they actually come out with rereleases people actually complain about how they're unoriginal. No-win situation. Leave old accounts alone and leave the rarity of the items in tact.

No on rereleases too look what happened to bare feet, people got scammed and people got banned for selling it the price it was before and they didn't know it was released again. Then when they actually come out with rereleases people actually complain about how they're unoriginal. No-win situation. Leave old accounts alone and leave the rarity of the items in tact.
:BananaLove:[DOUBLEPOST=1501991251][/DOUBLEPOST]Im not saying its 100% no. I even said it could be 50/50. Im just saying its in no way favourable to yes. And is infact more skewed to no. Nowhere did I say everybody is saying no.

I do agree it's a tricky situation and either way this turns out, some people won't be happy. And I highly doubt it will ever happen. Especially since, like Melody said, it's so much work for an already busy staff and it's just unnecessary work.