Addition of New Rooms, Items, and More.

Whoa! There's a lot of reading in your future! Brace yourself!

First things First:
You may have seen ideas similar to a few of the following before, however, I am not stealing the ideas, I had been thinking `of these for a while now. That being said, if you've had a similar idea, all that means is I support it 100. :) (Great minds think alike, afterall)

It is best if you read through the entire list of Ideas before commenting, as most of them build on previous ideas.

I'll be using the following words throughout this post, here's what they mean:

land: This is an entirely new area of VMK, such as "Fantasyland" or "Frontierland".
main room(s): A main room would be something like Main Street. It features smaller rooms that can be accessed from it.
side room(s): This would be something like the Penny Arcade, it's off of a main room.
public: Things that are public in VMK, such as the Main Street room.
guest: Things that are private in VMK, such as the Dark Ride rooms players customize.

Idea One:
Downtown Disney
(Land)

So, I'm sure if you love Disney as much as I do, you've been to Downtown Disney. If not, it's basically an area in multiple Disney Parks/Resorts that is intended to be targeted at older crowds. So heres how it comes into play for MyVMK- The version of Downtown Disney would be based off of the Disneyland Resort Downtown Disney, as it's one of the best (in my opinion) versions there is, and it also fits with the fact that much of VMK itself is based off of the Disneyland Resort, since it was for it's 50th anniversary. :) The rooms, which would be public, could be entered off of the Esplanade, or as always, the map. There would be 4-8 main rooms and anywhere between 6-15 side rooms, featuring stores, restaurants, and more. The biggest of the stores, would be the "World of Disney" store that is at the actual DLR version of Downtown Disney. It would have exclusive items. The upside of the Downtown Disney idea is it adds new areas for players to meet and hangout in public rooms. It keeps things fresh. The restaurants would also be a lovely addition, as there aren't many [public] in the current VMK world. The DLR version of Downtown Disney also links to the monorail and has entrances to two hotels, but we'll revisit that later.

Idea Two:
California Adventure
(Land)

Ahhh, the beautiful California Adventure! California adventure is a theme park exclusive to the DLR. It's recently gone through huge renovations, making it one of my personal favorite parks. It'd be wonderful to see this park in VMK, and here is how I imagine it- You could enter off of the Esplanade, across from the "Main Street Entrance", just like it is at the real DLR. There'd be anywhere between 6-15 main rooms, and around 8-15 side rooms, including stores, rides, minigames, and more. The key features of this park would be Carthay Circle, Carsland, and Paradise Pier. Carthay Circle could become a less exclusive version of Club 33, however, it would still be more exclusive than the Blue Bayou. Carsland would look amazing, with it's beautiful rockwork in the background, and it's awesome neon lighting up the sky. It could feature shops selling carsland exclusives, such as the Traffic Cone hats, Luigi's Flying Tires hats, Carsland shirts, pins, and furniture. It could also feature a Radiator Springs Racers ride, and a minigame based off Luigi's Flying Tires. Paradise Pier houses the Little Mermaid ride, many boardwalk games, and Toystory Mid-Way Mania at the real DLR. Pulling from that, there could be a minigame based off of the Toystory Mid-Way Mania ride, where you need to land rings on bottles, pop balloons, shoot plates, etc. The Little Mermaid ride could be a nice addition to the world of VMK, and it'd be a fun thing for this new land to have. Paradise Pier could also feature a "World of Color" minigame, or some kind of animation in the room to represent the show. Soarin' Over California is also a very popular ride that is in the real park, and could either be some kind of minigame or another ride. Many stores in the California Adventure park would see items exclusive to the park, such as Soarin',Carsland, MU, etc items. California Adventure has an exclusive exit to the Grand Californian Resort (Hotel), which leads me to my next idea.

Idea Three:
Hotels

There are two hotels at the DLR. The Grand Californian, and the Disneyland Hotel. With the addition of Downtown Disney and California Adventure, it'd allow easy access and placement of a few rooms representing these hotels. There would really only be two public rooms per hotel, each having one modeled after the lobby, and another modeled after it's pool area. From the lobby you'd be able to access a list of guest rooms themed after the hotel, much like you could do so in the Frontier Land main room. The guest rooms would be themed after the Hotel rooms at the real resorts, and they'd be cheaper than typical guest rooms, as they'd also be smaller. It'd be a nice way for players that aren't rolling in money to be able to buy a room and still have money left over to customize it. There could also be rooms themed after the hotels' suites, which would be around the price of normal room. You'd be able to access the Grand Californian through an entrance in both California Adventure, and Downtown Disney, where you'd only be able to get to the Disneyland Hotel through an entrance on Downtown Disney. As always, you'd also have access to each Hotel from the map.

Idea Four:
Update "Small World Imports" to include a Disney Cruise Ship
(I saw someone with a similar idea to this on the forums, so Yayy :) there's some support for this one)

The current "Small World Imports" room has a cargo ship that is themed to look like a Disney Cruise ship. My proposal is to update the ship to look like a new Disney Cruise Ship, and have a gangway(Ship's term for entrance) onto the ship. The ship would feature the following public rooms- The Lobby, A Pool Deck Room, Possibly a few Restaurants(or maybe just the DCL's favorite, Animator's Pallet), and possibly a Teen Club. Off of the Lobby there'd be an entrance to the guest rooms themed after the ship, much like the Hotels mentioned above would have. Again, the rooms themed after the ship would be cheaper, as they'd be smaller. However, there would also be suites available, which like above, would be priced like a normal room. There would also be an "exit area" around the elevators, that would lead you up to the Pool Deck themed room. The Pool Deck themed room would have a pool (obviously :P), an animated jumbotron, and an animated "Aqua Duck" going past every once in a while. Animator's Pallet would be animated to act much like the real life restaurant, with the changing drawings and such.

Idea Five:
Random Items

So, we're all older now, let's be real. I think it'd be kind of fun to have some silly items in the game, for example, maybe a sloth rug, or a grumpy cat poster. The list can go on, and on, and on, so I won't waste time by listing them all. :P

Idea Six:
Water Parks

There could possibly be the addition of rooms themed after Disney Water Parks, such as "Typhoon Lagoon", but I haven't thought much on this idea, so it's not too developed yet. :)

Idea Seven:
Just Read It

Make Gregory MyVMK Staff. He's got amazing ideas and awesome people skills. :P (Sarcasm, I would obviously need to prove myself)

Conclusion:

But really, I've got many more ideas. I just thought I'd share a few with you all. I'd love to know what you think of them. I'll try to keep my eye on this post to respond as much as I can. Thanks!

-Gregory

While I seriously love a lot of the ideas you have, I don't see many of them being very realistic, at least not until very far down the "VMK" creation road. New lands with new rooms, items, games, access ways... it's just not something that is easily developed, as you can imagine, and it's enough work as it is with lands that had already been previously designed and carried out. That being said, I do like a lot of the land/room ideas, and I don't see why some of the room ideas can't be incorporated into some already existing lands- just to save development time, and besides that I don't see Amy designing any new lands anytime soon as it is.
When it comes to the water park idea, I love it! I like Blizzard Beach better than Typhoon Lagoon as an idea, and I think tagging it on to be accessible is something that can be done. For example, an exit out of the Esplanade leads you into the entrance for Blizzard Beach, and there's 3/4 rooms dedicated to different sections of the park. Being able to swim would also be a really cool edition, and I would love to see that come into play.

Ness

I like the hotel idea- I always thought it was weird there weren't any hotel based rooms when I originally played the game.
And aren't there already Water Park based rooms? I remember that pool area, but I can't be sure, but I know for a fact there were rooms based on Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Guest rooms, at least.

As for number 7, I don't think a few posts and an idea thread constitutes you being staff on the game. Everyone knows what happens when random people ran the game (OpenVMK), and asking for it isn't going to get you it. However, I'm assuming you're being cheeky, and I doubt you're actually asking to be staff.

These are good ideas! Unfortunately, if you'd want to see any of them get a chance at being implemented, you'd probably need to work on them yourself. I don't think it's fair to ask Amy or anyone else on the MyVMK team to make new content while they're trying to put this game up for us.

I actually always wanted to try a mass scale project. I usually just do small items and I've always wanted to work on multiple rooms or a new land. I was thinking about drawing up some concept art for some but my only problem was I wasn't sure where to go. VMK was focused around the Magic Kingdom and considering the only lands it has are the ones already in the game, I wasn't sure how I could fit new ones in or if I even should. That's the only problem I have but I do like the idea of adding more rooms.

I like the hotel idea- I always thought it was weird there weren't any hotel based rooms when I originally played the game.
And aren't there already Water Park based rooms? I remember that pool area, but I can't be sure, but I know for a fact there were rooms based on Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Guest rooms, at least.

As for number 7, I don't think a few posts and an idea thread constitutes you being staff on the game. Everyone knows what happens when random people ran the game (OpenVMK), and asking for it isn't going to get you it. However, I'm assuming you're being cheeky, and I doubt you're actually asking to be staff.

These are good ideas! Unfortunately, if you'd want to see any of them get a chance at being implemented, you'd probably need to work on them yourself. I don't think it's fair to ask Amy or anyone else on the MyVMK team to make new content while they're trying to put this game up for us.

#7 was just me being cheeky, as you suggest :P And I agree completely with the whole, not thinking it's fair to ask Amy or anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually always wanted to try a mass scale project. I usually just do small items and I've always wanted to work on multiple rooms or a new land. I was thinking about drawing up some concept art for some but my only problem was I wasn't sure where to go. VMK was focused around the Magic Kingdom and considering the only lands it has are the ones already in the game, I wasn't sure how I could fit new ones in or if I even should. That's the only problem I have but I do like the idea of adding more rooms.
That's why I decided to base it off the Esplanade fairly often, it'd really become like more of a hub, opening up VMK to more than the Magic Kingdom. Also, I've been looking into trying a large project also. I'm a bit rough when trying to get it to be "VMK Style" but I'd do concept. Maybe we could collaborate sometime?

- - - Updated - - -

While I seriously love a lot of the ideas you have, I don't see many of them being very realistic, at least not until very far down the "VMK" creation road. New lands with new rooms, items, games, access ways... it's just not something that is easily developed, as you can imagine, and it's enough work as it is with lands that had already been previously designed and carried out. That being said, I do like a lot of the land/room ideas, and I don't see why some of the room ideas can't be incorporated into some already existing lands- just to save development time, and besides that I don't see Amy designing any new lands anytime soon as it is.
When it comes to the water park idea, I love it! I like Blizzard Beach better than Typhoon Lagoon as an idea, and I think tagging it on to be accessible is something that can be done. For example, an exit out of the Esplanade leads you into the entrance for Blizzard Beach, and there's 3/4 rooms dedicated to different sections of the park. Being able to swim would also be a really cool edition, and I would love to see that come into play.
I understand what you're saying completely. I'd never ask them to work on these things right now, they've got too much on their plates. Simply throwing the ideas out there, for the future. And I couldn't remember Blizzard Beaches' name. :P I actually had that one in mind when I typed Typhoon Lagoon! Haha. Glad you mentioned it. Anyway, I only suggest starting small, a few rooms here and there, maybe the cruise ship concept first, as it only really consists of 2 new rooms and one "refresh" to a current room.

Although the ideas would be great, focusing on the game now is what's important. It's not just say something can be made and it happens, you need an artist to make something that works for the game, meaning size-wise and VMK quality. It takes much more than an artist to capture another persons vision of a game. Then there's mapping, music, and overlaying.

As well as that, I have to be honest and say being a staff member isn't just having ideas. Anybody can throw an idea out there but it's not like they're going to hire every person who says something. I'd suggest taking the time to learn how to perfectly make all of your ideas and then get back to them with all of this, including the staff position.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Lots of good ideas, but they sound better as a separate game. Just doesn't fit in with the original VMK in my mind, but they would easily make a great new game.

Although the ideas would be great, focusing on the game now is what's important. It's not just say something can be made and it happens, you need an artist to make something that works for the game, meaning size-wise and VMK quality. It takes much more than an artist to capture another persons vision of a game. Then there's mapping, music, and overlaying.

As well as that, I have to be honest and say being a staff member isn't just having ideas. Anybody can throw an idea out there but it's not like they're going to hire every person who says something. I'd suggest taking the time to learn how to perfectly make all of your ideas and then get back to them with all of this, including the staff position.

I suppose I shouldn't use sarcasm online, seems not many people picked up on the joke of #7 :P But trust me, I know what it takes. I myself am learning more useful coding languages, I have many coding friends, I have friends who have developed games, or are currently working on them. I know the work involved, but that's why I put it in this thread. Suggesting it does no harm, it's just something to keep in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of good ideas, but they sound better as a separate game. Just doesn't fit in with the original VMK in my mind, but they would easily make a great new game.
I see your point :) Just suggesting it, is all! But I would love to see a new game (maybe developed by Disney) in the near future that could capture all the fun of VMK in a whole new environment.

I like the ideas, it would just be something way down the road. Like stated before you need an artist or artists who can create rooms that fit in with the VMK style. Im sure an artist or two will jump on board one day. After all, the game will eventually run out of items to give out and new ones will need to be created.

I loooove your ideas, they are very creative.
And I like that people are being hopeful for this game.
BUT, I think we need to be focused on getting this game out in the first place.
This kind of creative stuff is down the road and far away.
I like your positive attitude on all of this though. (:

Some nice ideas on here, but I don't think we should be worry about adding on right now. I think they should focus on things that were originally in VMK like Haunted Mansion...then after awhile and everything is stable slowly add on new things. :)

Some nice ideas on here, but I don't think we should be worry about adding on right now. I think they should focus on things that were originally in VMK like Haunted Mansion...then after awhile and everything is stable slowly add on new things. :)
Oh! I completely agree, finish the original game first. Just plans for the future! :)