Announcement Re: April Newsletter/Item Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyVMK Staff

MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
As you all know, the Newsletter was only updated once during the month of April. We take full responsibility of this as a full staff, and wanted to explain to everyone what transpired.

Here's what happened.
(1) We lost two of our Game/Graphic Artists (GA_Koda & GA_Lady) for personal reasons. Both needed to take some time to focus on real life things. Before the rumors start— it was on good terms, and they know they're welcome back once they have everything figured out.
(2) Both Amy and VMK_Schweetz (two of our administrators) who handle most of the items uploads (for releases), and do some designing and coding as well, have both had to focus in on real life this month. Again, we are all volunteers here and real life comes first.
(3) Easter Baskets, the Forums contest, and the small bugs that surrounded it were a lot for our team to figure out. We were glad to add on an additional day to the hunt, though!

Why it took so long for us to update everyone.
We thought we would be able to squeeze in at least one release before the end of the month. Believe it or not, we as staff members get excited for releases too, and are disappointed when they don't happen. We tried going through every viable solution, but there was nothing we could do at that point. We apologize and are working toward preventing things like this happening in the future. We will be planning months in advance in order to avoid any possibility of this happening again.

What we're doing to be more proactive.

At our April staff meeting, it was brought up that we should have a few people working on PR for the game. (For all intents and purposes for the game, we'll call it Player Relations.) The PR team will be working from now on to be more transparent and to update players as much as possible. We know we have said we will be transparent in the past, and now we have a team solely dedicated to doing so.

MyVMK has always been a passion for us and letting down our players is never easy and never what we like to do. We're working around the clock to make sure these next few months go off without a hitch to provide you guys with the best summer MyVMK has ever seen! We thank you for sticking with us through the ups and the downs, because it's players like you that make our dream worth striving for. We can't wait to share with you everything we have planned for the upcoming months!!

Many of you have also asked for an updated in-game staff list... here it is!
HOSTs
: HOST_Morph, HOST_Pegasus, HOST_Megara, HOST_Nala, HOST_Rafiki, HOST_Duchess, HOST_Karru
MODs: VMK_Bambi, VMK_HoneyLemon, VMK_Stitch, VMK_Kida, VMK_Rapunzel
GAs: GA_Hercules, GA_Bolt
ADMINs: Amy, VMK_Schweetz, VMK_Simba

Sincerely,
The MyVMK Staff​

Last edited by a moderator:

Fotogirl

New items released into the game would be great whether they are current theme or theme just ended doesn't make a difference to me. I think most, if not all, of us look forward to seeing what new items the staff has come up with. Keep up the good work! We appreciate all the hard work the staff puts into the game and I know I certainly understand that all involved have real lives to live and myvmk sometimes has to take a back seat to that.

VMK_Kida

Atlantean Princess
My favorites are the lightsaber puzzle pins for the lanyard! :GreenLightSaber:

Status
Not open for further replies.