Announcing: Forum Staff and Policy Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited last on 9/30/2014:
Hi everyone,
I have some updates for you regarding the forums! We are constantly changing and modifying different aspects of the forums in order to ensure the best experience for our members. That being said, let's get started with announcing the forum staff updates!

As many of you have already seen we have had some promotions so let's introduce them in with their new titles!

@Pumbaa was promoted a Super Moderator!
@NightWolf was promoted to a Moderator!
*@Captain-Heather was promoted to an Administrator!*

:clap: Congrats to you all! :)

Now, we have also had some new additions to our Shoutbox Moderation team! Everyone welcome @Remy , @Tweety and @Chip! They will be hanging around the Shoutbox so be sure to give them a warm welcome :hearts:

For a complete list of our staff on the forums click here!
Now we have some updates to share with you about some of our policies on the forums.. Be sure to read this to make certain that you are kept up to date!

Trading Post Update:
The trading post is a very active area of the forums and in order to ensure there is less clutter and threads that are not really being used, we updated our policy so that each member will only be allowed 5 active threads in the trading post area. This means that you can have five threads that are being bumped, updated, and being kept up with at a time. If you close your threads, they will be considered inactive and you can post another thread in the Trading Post Forum. So be sure close all the threads that you are no longer using and decide which threads you want active. :)

ShoutBox Warning Policy:
It has come to our attention that many players have a hard time determining whether or not a warning is being directed at them or the entire Shoutbox. With all the chatting going on, we can understand why it could be difficult to determine. So from now on, you will be sent a not only a verbal warning via the Shoutbox but also a warning private messaged to you, not only for your records but ours as well. That being said, we operate under a two warning system. Two warnings for violating our MyVMK Forum Rules will result in a suspension on your account.

Those of you who have not already viewed the Shoutbox Rules that were updated at the beginning of this month:
1. If a member fails to comply with the forum rules that are in place, they will now be suspended not only on the shoutbox - but the forums entirely for a set amount of time.
This has been in place and has been followed since the beginning of September.

That's all for now but we will be updating you all far more often when it comes to new forum news! We hope you all have a magical day! Feel free to send a Forum Staff member a PM with any questions regarding these updates <3

-MyVMK Forums Staff.

Thank you for being helpful once again Snow! :) And congratulations to Pumbaa and NightWolf for getting promoted! I think this deserves some howls and grub! :D

Jasmine

Congrats to Pumbaa and Nightwolf!

I have a question about personal information. Some of the shoutbox moderators having been saying that those rules were going to be updated as well, so I'm confused... Could you also clarify exactly what is and isn't okay to be posted on the forum and in the shoutbox? Some people were concerned that the picture thread would be against the new personal information rules we were told about.

Jasmine

Hi dear,
So sorry for leaving that out, the rule was updated. However, the only thing that was added to the Personal Information rule was posting your age on the forums and shoutbox. This is just to ensure your safety while on the forums. You will still be allowed to post your photos and such, no worries! :)

-Snow
Thank you for clarifying that. So what about the age profile field then?

dolan

acnl enthusiast
i have question why was the rule about banning from whole forum when banned from shoutbox not announced when it was first put in place

i have question why was the rule about banning from whole forum when banned from shoutbox not announced when it was first put in place
Basically, it had slipped the minds of those that put it in place. It was being followed and I brought it to the attention of the Shoutbox, however, it just was not posted. We plan on keeping you all up to date much more continuously now that I figured out some features.

-Snow

dolan

acnl enthusiast
ok bc yesterday i was banned from the shoutbox and then like 3 hours later i was banned from the whole forum but it wasnt right after the shoutbox ban and it made it seem like i got banned from the forum for no reason especially since no one knew about that rule and thats kind of sketchy just saying

ok bc yesterday i was banned from the shoutbox and then like 3 hours later i was banned from the whole forum but it wasnt right after the shoutbox ban and it made it seem like i got banned from the forum for no reason especially since no one knew about that rule and thats kind of sketchy just saying
Many players knew about the rule, it slipped the minds of those that placed it there to announce it, however. The problem is administrators can only perform that action we place the suspensions on the accounts that need to be done for that day when we get online. That's the reason for the delay.

wait, i'm confused
can we mention or age or not?
Yes, you can.

-Snow

mark

10 mins late to everything
yay thank you for listening to my suggestion :3

not that it really concerns me, but i only got one warning before I was banned for two days lol I remember only one warning and it was specifically from you XD (you even deleted the comment that broke the rule) but oh well, the past is in the past... *sings* let it go!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1411826830][/DOUBLEPOST]im still banned on the shoutbox btw o.o

yay thank you for listening to my suggestion :3

not that it really concerns me, but i only got one warning before I was banned for two days lol I remember only one warning and it was specifically from you XD (you even deleted the comment that broke the rule) but oh well, the past is in the past... *sings* let it go!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1411826830][/DOUBLEPOST]im still banned on the shoutbox btw o.o
I just fixed that :) Also, it goes by a 30 day policy so it is logged whenever you are warned if that makes any sense :D

-Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.