Announcing: MyVMK Forum Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!
With our forum continuing to grow, we are always on the look our for new additions to our team. That being said, I am happy to announce that forum moderator applications are now open! Now, these applications are going to be run a bit differently than they have previously. Below is the process in which you would apply for the position:

• You would fill out the application using the template in the spoiler tags below

Section 1 said:
Member Name:

Additional Usernames:

Time Zone:

Email Address:

Would you feel comfortable being anonymous?

What time of day are you usually active on the forums? (Morning, Afternoon, Evening)?

Why do you want to be a forum mod?

How much time do you spend on forums per week? Per day?

What contributions do you believe you will be able to make to the forums?

What would you change about the forums if you had a chance?

What are some new rules you can suggest?
Scenario 1 said:
Scenario: You sent a user a warning via Private Message and they respond in an argumentative manner, how would you handle this situation?
Scenario 2 said:
Scenario: One of your friends is breaking the rules, how would you approach this situation in order to maintain your anonymity but still get the warning across?
Scenario 3 said:

How would you respond/react/treat the following situation which takes place in the shoutbox; please provide a sample personal message or report you would write up and how you would inform anyone (including other staff) what has occurred.

Jane123: Wow john u r an idiot

John456: Jane please shut up

Jane123: No I can talk about whatever i want

John456: You don’t even know what you are saying

John456: Only a complete n00b thinks Windows is better than Mac

John456: You need to unbury yourself from under your rock

Jane123: Like you even know what you are talking about
Scenario 4 said:

You are one of the moderators for the debates section. The following discussion takes place; please provide a sample personal message or report you would write up and how you would inform anyone (including other staff) what has occurred.

(This discussion is abbreviated)

Jane123: I recently watched a documentry talkin about how HORRIBLE Disney is. DO NOT GO TO DISNEYLAND. They compltely underpay employees, rip off customers, and arn’t even safe!

John456: I have been to Disneyland lots of times. You don’t even know what you are talking about! People never get hurt there, I know because I work there. I am paid plenty of money! Go do your homework before writing inflammatory stuff like this.

Doe789: Seriously, Jane, where do you come up with this? I am questioning whether you even know how to think rationally. How could Disney be that horrible and make so much money? Obviously nothing is wrong with them.

Jane123: Ok wow I am jst saying to u all I watched a documentry. It was very convincing, you guys should watch it, too. It tells you all kinds of things Disney doesn’t want peple to know! GO WATCH IT.

Annony123: Yeah Jane I am with everyone else. Disney does a great job managing their parks and employees and are totally safe. Are you in like 3rd grade or something? You need to learn how to spell, and how to fact check. Because what you said makes no sense in what is really going on.

By clicking “Create Thread” you are agreeing that everything on this application is one-hundred percent truthful to your knowledge.

Please note that there are 2 sections and 4 scenarios that need to be addressed. Do not pick and choose which section or questions to answer as this will disqualify your application. Answer ALL of them! Be sure to click "click to expand" on section 1 and 2 as well as scenario 3 and 4 to see all of the information in each section. If you do not see "click to expand", refresh the page and try again. If you are still having trouble seeing this, please post and let us know.
NOTE: Please do not post your application on this thread!

We will be reviewing these applications throughout this month, there is no set date or time in which we plan on hiring any new staff members. If you have any further questions, please ask on this thread. :)

-MyVMK Forums Staff.

Good luck to everyone!

One quick question: If I don't want to be anonymous does that mean I can't be a moderator? IDK if you want all of your mods to be anonymous, so that's why I'm asking.
All of our mods are going to be anonymous. This is just to ensure the safety of our moderators so they are not harassed in game regarding actions they take on the forums.

-Snow

"All of our mods are going to be anonymous. This is just to ensure the safety of our moderators so they are not harassed in game regarding actions they take on the forums.

-Snow"

I figured that was the reason why. Its a smart move tbh its happened to me before on another gaming website i was modding. Not a fun thing p-p. so i appreciate the fact they will be anonymous.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
All of our mods are going to be anonymous. This is just to ensure the safety of our moderators so they are not harassed in game regarding actions they take on the forums.

-Snow
Thank you!

I don't think I'm going to apply because I just don't like being anonymous. But I know you'll pick some great people for the job!

Thanks for replying Snow. I didn't mean my post to come across as "I wish I could apply...." especially since I am new here lol, so yeah, I wouldn't have had a chance anyway but good to know that first names only are okay - it's a little thing of mine with people knowing too much personal stuff about others on the internet.

Nice idea about staff having different forum names to their game names. I actually made another account to play on a certain game just so I wouldn't get bugged by upset forum members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.