As the Seasons Turn...

Karalora

I love holidays, seasonal changes in nature, and in MyVMK, rooms that reflect these things. So this thread is for game ideas relating to those topics. Since we're heading into fall, I'll start by listing a bunch of autumnal furni I would love to see in the game! I'll keep this header post updated with more of mine and others' suggestions, categorized by holiday or season.

Fall Furni
Acorn Chair (Cowboy_Pirate)
Apple Trees
Autumn Leaf Arch
Autumn Trees/Bushes
Autumn-Colored Flats (Cowboy_Pirate)
Bundle of Cornstalks
Carnival/Fair-themed items
Fallen Leaf Carpet
Grapevines
Hay/Straw Carpets (waterfallglow)
Main Street Lamp Fall Edition (with Marigolds)
Pile of leaves
Scarecrow

Fall Clothing
Earmuffs (Cowboy_Pirate)
Skirt with Tights
Sweater with Scarf

Oktoberfest Furni
Bavarian flag--with a design of blue and white diamonds
Giant pretzel
Glass mug (double-click to fill it with...cream soda, yeah, that's the ticket)
Huge barrel on its side, with a tap in the lid
Lidded stein
Picnic table with Bavarian flag tablecloth
Picnic table bench
Pretzel cart
Sausage grill

Oktoberfest Clothing
Bavarian style cocked hat
Dirndl blouse
Dirndl skirt
Lederhosen
Shirt with open embroidered vest
Shirt with suspenders

Halloween Furni
Benny's cab (Halloweentown) (Castafloogin)
Giant Pumpkin (Halloweentown) (Castafloogin)
Haunted House Prop--like the Royal Castle Prop, but a haunted house with lightning flashes instead of fireworks.
Haunted Mansion Changing Portraits (Cowboy_Pirate)
Haunted Mansion dividers--modeled after the Disneyland ones, but with a chain instead of the velvet rope and brass bats instead of the Disney D.
Orange and black game devices (random number gens, scoreboards, etc.)

Halloween Clothing
Bride of Frankenstein costume
Cute witch costume
Frankenstein's Monster costume
Ghost costume
Mummy costume
Skeleton costume
Wizard costume

Thanksgiving Furni
Cornucopia table centerpiece
Dining table with autumn leaves tablecloth (no cloth)
Place setting--plate, knife, fork, and goblet as a unit (plate alone)

Thanksgiving Clothing
Pilgrim costume, male:
* Buckled conical hat
* Tunic
* Breeches
* Buckled shoes with knee socks
Pilgrim costume, female:
* Head covering
* Blouse with white yoke
* Skirt with apron
* Buckled shoes

Winter Furni
Birch trees (leafless)
Giant snowflake rug
Ice Crystal Lamp--inspired by the ice crystals that used to be in the Matterhorn before last year's update.
Ice Skating Magic Carpet--when your sprite steps on this carpet, their motion changes from walking to skating!
Marshmallow [character from Frozen] (Cowboy_Pirate)
Snow-covered Castle flats (Cowboy_Pirate)
Snow-dusted pine trees
Snowdrifts (PPR rocks in white)
Snowflake dividers
Snowscape flats

Winter Clothing
Princess costume in...white!
Snowman costume
Sweater (various plain colors)
Ugg boots (Cowboy_Pirate)

Last edited:

Karalora

@Cowboy_Pirate This thread is for suggestions for all kinds of holidays and seasonal imagery, and I invite everyone to share their own ideas! I am updating the OP with a few more items for fall.

@Cowboy_Pirate This thread is for suggestions for all kinds of holidays and seasonal imagery, and I invite everyone to share their own ideas! I am updating the OP with a few more items for fall.
Get white girl status and do ugg boots lol and truthfully a lot of fall stuff can be multiple holidays! But I'd also love to see some fall flats like with browns and reds and orange! And just an idea I think would be kinda cute is an acorn chair and earmuffs hat :)

Karalora

October begins tomorrow, and you know what that means! It's time to gear up for that great October holiday where we dress in outlandish costumes, listen to frightful music, and wander around collecting fattening treats! I am referring, of course, to Oktoberfest!

...why, what did you think I meant? ;)

Now, straightforward fall items justify themselves, but Oktoberfest might need a Disney-specific reason or two to belong in MyVMK. Consider furni and clothes like these to also represent:

* Epcot's Germany pavilion
* Disneyland's Village Haus restaurant
* The Matterhorn (Swiss rather than German, but has some cultural aspects in common.)

Oktoberfest Furni
Bavarian flag--with a design of blue and white diamonds
Giant pretzel
Pretzel cart
Sausage grill
Picnic table with Bavarian flag tablecloth
Picnic table bench
Glass mug (double-click to fill it with...cream soda, yeah, that's the ticket)
Lidded stein
Huge barrel with a tap in the lid.

Oktoberfest Clothing
Dirndl blouse
Dirndl skirt
Lederhosen
Shirt with Bavarian vest
Bavarian style cocked hat

Last edited:

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Something i have been wanting for a while now are hay rugs in different sizes. They would be very useful for Halloween room building. Maybe you could add it to your list?

Karalora

Halloween is coming, and while we already have lots of Halloween items in the game (a few of which were re-released this week), it never hurts to have more! I can think of a few specific things we're lacking...

Halloween Furni
Orange and black game devices (random number gens, scoreboards, etc.)
Haunted Mansion dividers--modeled after the Disneyland ones, but with a chain instead of the velvet rope and brass bats instead of the Disney D.
Haunted House Prop--modeled after the Royal Castle Prop, but a spoooooky haunted house instead. Causes lighting to flash when you go near it.

Halloween Clothing
Here I'm thinking we need more of the classic costume archetypes: Ghost, Skeleton, Frankenstein and his Bride, Mummy, Cute Witch, and Wizard.

Castafloogin

Has there ever been Halloweentown items or is that too small of a niche?
Personally I would love to see things like the giant pumpkin and Benny's taxi :P

unrelated, I would also love to see cute little carnival ride items, or just more carnival/fair themed items in general since fall is also that time of year! (again, correct me if these things already exist)

Has there ever been Halloweentown items or is that too small of a niche?
Personally I would love to see things like the giant pumpkin and Benny's taxi :P

unrelated, I would also love to see cute little carnival ride items, or just more carnival/fair themed items in general since fall is also that time of year! (again, correct me if these things already exist)
None of this exists but there's technically "midway mania" toy booths and I would love it as well :hearts:

Karalora

Great ideas, everyone! I'll update the main post!

Castafloogin, by "Benny's taxi" do you mean Benny the Cab from Roger Rabbit? If so, keep in mind that this thread is for seasonal or holiday-related items.

As for Halloweentown items, apparently there was a Nightmare Before Christmas Month at some point (before I joined). I've seen things like the green-spewing fountain and flats of Spiral Hill. Last Christmas we got some Haunted Mansion Holiday stuff as well.

Last edited:

Castafloogin

Great ideas, everyone! I'll update the main post!

Castafloogin, by "Benny's taxi" do you mean Benny the Cab from Roger Rabbit? If so, keep in mind that this thread is for seasonal or holiday-related items.

As for Halloweentown items, apparently there was a Nightmare Before Christmas Month at some point (before I joined). I've seen things like the green-spewing fountain and flats of Spiral Hill. Last Christmas we got some Haunted Mansion Holiday stuff as well.
oh no, sorry I should have clarified! lol I was referring to the skeleton character from the Disney Channel original movie "Halloweentown" XP he drives a taxi. my bad.

Karalora

We're almost through the Halloween season and into Thanksgiving! A lot of the generic fall items mentioned above would also work for TG, but there's no harm in adding more specific ideas!

Thanksgiving Furni
Dining table with autumn leaves tablecloth
Place setting--plate, knife, fork, and goblet as a unit

Thanksgiving Clothing
Pilgrim costume, male:
* Buckled conical hat
* Tunic
* Breeches
Pilgrim costume, female:
* Head covering
* Blouse with white yoke
* Skirt with apron
* Buckled shoes

We're almost through the Halloween season and into Thanksgiving! A lot of the generic fall items mentioned above would also work for TG, but there's no harm in adding more specific ideas!

Thanksgiving Furni
Dining table with autumn leaves tablecloth
Place setting--plate, knife, fork, and goblet as a unit

Thanksgiving Clothing
Pilgrim costume, male:
* Buckled conical hat
* Tunic
* Breeches
Pilgrim costume, female:
* Head covering
* Blouse with white yoke
* Skirt with apron
* Buckled shoes
We have the buckled hat! Pilgrim ears :)