Autoboot function

Thomas

I think the autoboot function is great! But.... even though the autoboot function is great, i think it should be only in public rooms, and not in private guest rooms! anyone think the same? idk if it's possible its just the way i'm thinking.

Murph

DON'T BE LASAGNA
I think it should only be when a room is full. >.<

Agreed on the full room, or maybe if it's 90 full it can kick in. Also, not that I stay logged in to sit in my room alone, I see the benefit with people trying to reconnect with old friends right now just to get on friend's lists.
However, I was getting auto boot while still in line for Captain's Quarters. I can't stay staring at a screen while I wait for 25 people to leave, then have only 20 seconds (if I even made it in, which it doesn't seem like I did a couple times) to move out of doorway before boot. Maybe 2-3 minutes would be adequate for those of us who don't have multiple screens/laptops to work from in one place?

Emelon

I don't think you should be booted for being afk for 5 mins. I think it should be after 15 minutes. 5 minutes is way too soon to be kicking.

Elle

I have to disagree, I think 5 minutes is more than enough to just check back in really fast to move out of the doorway so you're not booted. If not, people in line are waiting much longer than I think they have to. Though I agree with everyone else, being booted from your own private room is a little too much, haha. The owner of the room has the ability (or at least I think so?) to boot people. So if their room is full and someone has been afk for too long they can boot them if they wish to do so. That sounds more fair, imo. :)

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I agree with this. I got kicked out my own room, when I was by myself. Can't explain that one.

Emelon

5 minutes makes it almost impossible to do anything like getting up to go to the bathroom or getting a drink of water. You have to rush to get back before being booted. I think it's a ridiculously short amount of time, especially when you're sitting in a public room or your own guest room. I think 5 minutes is a fair amount of time for the shell collecting rooms, but every other room it's ridiculous.

Being afk in our guest rooms is not an issue right now but could be when more players join in the game. We could hit the limit allowed to log in. Long term afk players are taking up server space. Did you ever get the message in VMK that the kingdom was full and to try later? I did. I think programming should be for the long term and not a knee jerk reaction to our being inconvenienced now.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I think it should only be in function when the room is full, otherwise it shouldn't boot you unless the room is full because it's not fair. And I think it should apply to guest rooms as well so when there's host events, players are able to get in.