AWOLnow

Crystal

Has anyone ever played or heard of AWOLnow? Loved this game so much. It was mainly a chat-based game but closed sadly this past year. Long story short, AWOLnow closed shortly after it joined servers with the Taiwan server. Anyways, if there are any former AWOLnow players out there, let me know! :thumbsup:

Here is a screen shot of a player's room in AWOLnow for those of you who are unfamiliar:

booglie

I used to play this game all the time! I played it with my friend that played VMK with me around the time after VMK closed
I tried going back on a few months ago and I was sad when I found out it closed :(

Crystal

I used to play this game all the time! I played it with my friend that played VMK with me around the time after VMK closed
I tried going back on a few months ago and I was sad when I found out it closed :(
I am surprised someone else has played it on here! It was kind of low key. It was such a great way to meet new people and chat with friends. & I know how you feel.. I went back to the game a few months ago and was sad it closed as well.. :c

Shrimp

I remember this! This was the game I was looking for... anyhoo, I played it for only a day because my friend introduced me and well it was sort of odd. VMK was still going on at that time so I was like "Eh, VMK's better *logs off forever*"

kalyee

A close friend of mine played this with me for a while when VMK closed - we cycled through so many games trying to find a good replacement, and found this around the same time Gaia got big, - but it was rather expensive to get decent things, so we didn't play for long.

Crystal

I remember this! This was the game I was looking for... anyhoo, I played it for only a day because my friend introduced me and well it was sort of odd. VMK was still going on at that time so I was like "Eh, VMK's better *logs off forever*"
Haha, it is definitely odd at first. Once you get into the game though, it is pretty fun! The only downfall was that you pretty much HAD to spend money on the game to enjoy it. However, you really only had to spend money on it once. After that.. you could enjoy pretty much all the game features.

A close friend of mine played this with me for a while when VMK closed - we cycled through so many games trying to find a good replacement, and found this around the same time Gaia got big, - but it was rather expensive to get decent things, so we didn't play for long.
That's exactly what a close friend of mine and I did as well! We switched from game to game but stuck onto AWOLnow. We occasionally played Gaia along side of AWOL after VMK closed but for some reason we got really hooked onto this game. I agree though, it was expensive to get decent things (like furniture, etc.) but all I wanted was like some avatar items so I really only spent money on the game like once or twice. They ended up adding a feature later on where you could earn 'ADs' (the currency) & "ACs" through games and contests, which was nice.

MagicChrome

I came here thinking this would be related to the band Awolnation