Change to Warns/Infractions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a brief announcement to update the users of MyVMK Forums that there will be a slight change in how we deal with warning and infracting members.

In the past, we have documented warnings for everything using an off-site source such as Google Documents. As our community has grown in size, it has become increasingly obvious to us working behind the scenes that using an off-site source will no longer work for us. As a result, we will now be using the Forum's warning system.

What this means is that even for inconsequential things such as posting a trade in the wrong sub-forum or posting a GIF and forgetting spoiler tags (unless your GIF is in the forum games section) you will receive a 0 point warning. These inconsequential warnings all start with a 1 week expiration date, and go up from there with repeat offenses. For example, a second warning about a trade in the wrong sub-forum is still a 0 point warning, but this one does not expire for 2 weeks.

This actually doesn't change very much, except that your warnings will be much more visible to moderators and yourself; these warnings are not visible to the public. The amount of offenses needed before an infraction is given is the exact same as before.

Bottom line: Should you be worried? No! If you ever received a PM warning in the past, this is the exact same system only now we are using the forums to keep track of it instead of Google documents.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post them below and myself and my fellow moderators will do our best to answer them.

Thanks!

Read over the MyVMK Forum Rules and re-familiarize yourself with them!

Last edited:
\posting a GIF and forgetting spoiler tags (unless your GIF is in the forum games section) you will receive a 0 point warning
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to say here. :o that means we only have to post gifs in spoilers?

One of my threads from a month ago was just moved does that mean I got in trouble. I'm confused o-o

One of my threads from a month ago was just moved does that mean I got in trouble. I'm confused o-o
In general we only warn people for posting threads in the wrong area if it seems to happen frequently. You might get a warning for posting a thread in the wrong area, however as I said in my original post, you'll only be warned 0 points and it will expire in a week. The trading area is the only place where posting in the wrong area will get a 0 point "official" warning.

That means your thread was inactive and was just moved to the archive, so you're probably not in trouble. Happens to me too ;P

In general we only warn people for posting threads in the wrong area if it seems to happen frequently. You might get a warning for posting a thread in the wrong area, however as I said in my original post, you'll only be warned 0 points and it will expire in a week. The trading area is the only place where posting in the wrong area will get a 0 point "official" warning.
okay c:

Status
Not open for further replies.