Changes to Best Guest Room and Best Game Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

Head Administrator
Hello,

This is an update on BGR. We are changing the way it works, from now on it will no longer be staff nominated. You will now be able to submit your own rooms for either best guest room or game room. For game room, you can include a longer description of how your game works, along with the name and description of the room. For guest, just include your room's name and description, along with a picture of the room. Oh, and don't forget a picture of the room!

Send your submissions to contact@myvmk.com with the title "Month Best Guest Room Entry by Username" or "Month Best Game Room Entry by Username" (replace month with the month you are entering for, and the name with the username of the room owner. Please only enter for future months if it is past the deadline). Last submissions for the month end 3 days before the end of the month (so for August, get your submissions in BEFORE the 29th! sorry for not giving much notice on this change!).

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

I just have a quick question! In the past when staff was nominating the games and rooms, it seemed as though they only nominated rooms that were built or opened that month. My question is, does this hold true in players sending in their own rooms? As in, can a player send in a room that was built prior to this month and has been opened, but never won any awards? I don't know that there was ever any specific rule regarding this, but it would be interesting to know!

@VMK_Schweetz I asked on this thread a few days ago if Best Quest Room was still a thing but nobody replied? I still am wanting to know.
I went back and looked at the old newsletters because I believed they mentioned it there, and they did. Last month under the Amy Speaks section it said " Due to all of the bugs with the Quest Kiosks and the way best quest room has been done (staff voting had no idea of the actual content of the quests, generally, unless they happened to have played them), best quest room has been put on hiatus. Once the issues with the kiosk have been solved, and a new solution for voting on quests has been implemented, it will come back." Hope this helps!

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
I went back and looked at the old newsletters because I believed they mentioned it there, and they did. Last month under the Amy Speaks section it said " Due to all of the bugs with the Quest Kiosks and the way best quest room has been done (staff voting had no idea of the actual content of the quests, generally, unless they happened to have played them), best quest room has been put on hiatus. Once the issues with the kiosk have been solved, and a new solution for voting on quests has been implemented, it will come back." Hope this helps!
Thank you! I was really wanting and needing to know before the month was over. Thx again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.