Create a Comic Strip Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello everyone! The MyVMK Forums staff members are pleased to announce an exciting new contest, the Create a Comic Strip Contest!

In honor of January 2015 being the Art of Animation Month, we are holding a contest inviting our members to design their own comic strip themed around MyVMK. Your comic may include images from the game, an anonymous character, or anything you have created. An example of something with images from the game would be a "Pluto Explores the Emporium" comic strip.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rules:

Your comic strip must have a central theme relating to MyVMK
Your comic strip must be appropriate
Do not include your username or anyone else's username anywhere on your comic strip
Your creation may be hand-drawn or computer designed
All entries must remain anonymous - anyone found sharing or advertising their entry will be disqualified
The comic may not exceed 10 frames - this does not count the title
All entries must also follow the MyVMK Forum Rules
The comic may include pictures from the game as your characters but they may not match how your character looks in game. Please use a common look (i.e. no rares, inexpensive, buyable clothing)
The in-game images must all be from your account only - you may not use anyone else's account(s) for images
All names of comic characters used in the comic must be anonymous - you may not use names of your in-game character, other members, or your forums username

Failure to comply with all of the rules above will result in your entry being disqualified.

The forums staff members reserve the right to disqualify any entry that they suspect of violating any rules or failing to preserve anonymity.

Submission Information:

Please upload your comic to Imgur or a similar image-sharing website
Post your thread [removed] and be sure to use the prefix "Create a Comic Strip Contest"
Entries will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST on 27 January 2015
Do not post your entry on this thread; use the link above

Failure to comply with all of the submission information requirements above will result in your entry being disqualified.

Prizes:

1st: Comic Strip Contest Gold Medal and an in-game code for 5,000 credits

2nd: Comic Strip Contest Silver Medal and an in-game code for 2,500 credits

3rd: Comic Strip Contest Bronze Medal and an in-game code for 1,000 credits

The top ten entries will receive a Comic Strip Contest Top 10 Medal

All participants will receive a Comic Strip Contest Participant Medal

After submissions are closed, MyVMK Forums Staff members will decide on 10 top comics and a poll will be posted where the top 3 will be decided.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this thread or Private Message a Forums Staff Member.
We hope this is a fun contest for all!
Happy Designing!

Omg what a great idea! :D I'm so excited for this one! :awright: :nyan: Is there a template that we could use if there is one? :o

Omg what a great idea! :D I'm so excited for this one! :awright: :nyan: Is there a template that we could use if there is one? :o
There is no template :( The comics can be extremely different and have varying lengths. I would recommend creating a table with 1 row and 6 columns or 2 rows and 3 columns in a word processing software. You could also try piecing together square text boxes.

Does it have to be directly myvmk or can it just have to do with exploring disney parks?
The comic needs to be related to MyMK. However, you could do something about a MyVMK player exploring Disney parks, but there needs to be an element of the game in the comic's theme. :)

This is an amazing idea!!!! I'm a comic junky so this is super awesome XD i do have one question though. can our comic be based on a VMK item? like if we wanted to base the whole comic on say a skeleton at the helm could we?
Yes, your comic needs to have something to make it relevant to MyVMK. Other than that, feel free to go in any direction! :)

There is no template :( The comics can be extremely different and have varying lengths. I would recommend creating a table with 1 row and 6 columns or 2 rows and 3 columns in a word processing software. You could also try piecing together square text boxes.

The comic needs to be related to MyMK. However, you could do something about a MyVMK player exploring Disney parks, but there needs to be an element of the game in the comic's theme. :)
What if it has places like Splash Mountian and JC but they look like the park? Would it help if I make a few pages that are obviously myvmk?

Am having a Disney character explore and forgot to fully read the page before starting yesturday because I was totally excited xD

Last edited:
What if it has places like Splash Mountian and JC but they look like the park? Would it help if I make a few pages that are obviously myvmk?

Am having a Disney character explore and forgot to fully read the page before starting yesturday because I was totally excited xD
Could you PM me a little sample so I could get a better idea of what you're doing to see if it will work?

As a side note:
If you have a question asking if your comic strip complies with all rules and requirements, please PM me so I can help you without giving away your comic idea to others and, consequently, lose anonymity :)

Could you PM me a little sample so I could get a better idea of what you're doing to see if it will work?

As a side note:
If you have a question asking if your comic strip complies with all rules and requirements, please PM me so I can help you without giving away your comic idea to others and, consequently, lose anonymity :)
Right o! Will do when i get on a computer in a few minutes

What if you are not art skilled? (Can't draw faces or bodies correctly)
You can use pictures from the game :) But it cannot resemble your own character. Use common clothes, change hair, etc. You may only use your own account(s), not any friend accounts. Refer to these rules from the original post:

The comic may include pictures from the game as your characters but they may not match how your character looks in game. Please use a common look (i.e. no rares, inexpensive, buyable clothing)
The in-game images must all be from your account only - you may not use anyone else's account(s) for images
All names of comic characters used in the comic must be anonymous - you may not use names of your in-game character, other members, or your forums username

You can use pictures from the game :) But it cannot resemble your own character. Use common clothes, change hair, etc. You may only use your own account(s), not any friend accounts. Refer to these rules from the original post:
Sounds fair enough, though I was going to draw *SPOILER*. This would have to do :-/

Whats the size limit? or is there none? i just wanna make sure my panels aren't too big

Also if i'm drawing digitally can i draw the VMK element? or do i need to use a screen cap for it? if i draw it it won't look 100% like said vmk thing.
There is no size limit so long as the number of frames (10 excluding the title) is not exceeded. It's fine if you draw it :) However, just so everyone knows, the "MyVMK Forums Logo" is not required.

There is no size limit so long as the number of frames (10 excluding the title) is not exceeded. It's fine if you draw it :) However, just so everyone knows, the "MyVMK Forums Logo" is not required.
Thanks for clearing that up :D i just wanted to be 100% sure my idea was gonna work XD thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.