Designers Wanted! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
Since we have seen so many amazing designs out there, we've decided to open apps for you to join our designing team! (Even if you aren't chosen to be on the team, there is still a possibility of having your submitted item(s) appear in game)

Right now we are only asking you to submit 2 types of items, BUT, they need to be done correctly, so please read everything carefully. Also, you may submit as many items as you like.

If you have any questions please contact either @Amy @Absolem or @Kali. You may reply here with any questions, but please keep this thread on topic!

Deadline: Friday, August 14, 2015 - at midnight.

Designers
- We like to be a month ahead with our release planning, so we are not running around at the last minute. Therefore, you will know our theme before it's announced to the public. By being part of the team, this information along with anything discussed within the designer chat must remain confidential.
- You must be able to commit enough time to finish any items you agree to complete, before the deadline. Remember, the item needs to be created, added, then tested in game. So you will need to be able to allow enough time for all of these steps to be completed, taking into account any issues that may arise.
- You will need a Skype account.
- You will be rewarded with the in-game Designer badge once you have created multiple usable items.

Types of items allowed:
Hats
:
-Attached to this post are the files you will need.
- If you do not have photoshop, download the 'basemodelpng.zip' file. Just put the hat over the top of the avatar images for each direction and include a transparent version of the hat image WITHOUT the avatar. Do NOT rename the files!
-If you have Photoshop, use the 'basephotoshop.zip' file. Do NOT rename the layers! You may rename the psd file itself, but do not rename the layers within the file. Make sure each direction is labeled properly, as it is in the file.

1x1 Items:
-Basically for a 1x1 item, you just have to make sure it's around the size of other 1x1 items in the game (as in it fits within the bounds of one grid space, or just over). There aren't any technical size limits besides that, but we can't give specifics because that's not really how it works.
- Here are a couple files for light/dark grids, that might help you a bit.
We want you to be creative. Think outside the box! It does not need to be based around this month's current theme, but it does need to fit with the style of the game.

Also, while we only have Hats and 1x1 items listed, feel free to show us other designs as well.
Outfits - Due to how complicated making custom outfits is, we won't be accepting any at this time. BUT, you can still submit them. They won't be able to be used in the game due to them needing to be made in a complicated special way. If you make it onto the team, the process can be taught to you.

DO NOT SHARE YOUR APPLICATION ANYWHERE ELSE, and DO NOT post your application on this thread!

APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. Thank you all for applying!

**Please make sure you ATTACH the files for any items you are submitting to your application! Even if you have them in a forums post, if you are making hats, you need to view the file we have here, and put it in the proper formatting. This part is very important! Also, you MUST submit items! This is a design challenge, so we need to actually see your work! If there is not an option to upload, you must upload it elsewhere (like dropbox, etc) and add the link to the files in your application.**

Last edited:
does it have to be something original or can i just recolor an item???
i was literally about to ask this.

are we done with recoloring items...? or..? i can see it's hard to come up with new items but... do we really need new original items or can we get some releases as well?
Recolors shouldn't be allowed.. literally anyone can do them.
i say this every single time every time designer stuff is mentioned(whats underlined)....
a friend of mine has recolored some ears, they look like pale red, not pink and it looks amazing. yet he is not a designer.

Kelsey

if anyone sees this that is going to be a new designer please create combat boots and a leather jacket and i will love you forever

kk good luck all i would enter but I'm horrible

As much as I want to be part of this, I wouldn't want to design anything without anyone saying something scornful and malicious.

I might as well wish everyone tons of luck and hopefully they win the spot!

PudgeTheFish

I thought u were quitting? From the details of this post, it seems like this would be an ongoing position and they'd need someone who is sticking around :/
No where in the post does it say that I need to be in-game, I stated in my post that I would stick around on the forums.

HOST_Absolem

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
does it have to be something original or can i just recolor an item???
Right now, we would like to see original items rather than recolors. We want to see you actually design something new. This is pretty much a design challenge, so we want you to be creative and show us what you're capable of doing. (Keep in mind, certain items take a lot more time and effort to 'just' recolor than you would think.)

Beyonceism

Queen Nicki Dominant
Right now, we would like to see original items rather than recolors. We want to see you actually design something new. This is pretty much a design challenge, so we want you to be creative and show us what you're capable of doing. (Keep in mind, certain items take a lot more time and effort to 'just' recolor than you would think.)
Thanks for the answer, Ab! :) I'm excited for actual new items to be added into game!

Status
Not open for further replies.