Double Clicking Forbidden Words

We all know that double clicking red text allows it to appear. Is this going to stop any time soon? While many people have been advocating for inappropriate language in the game, claiming that mostly adults play, there are some of us who find such language unnecessary and rude. I am not looking to start a debate on the merits of using foul language; I am merely asking if the developers intend to fix this or to let it continue.

certain words are blocked from the dictionary & it seems unnecessary, & without them it can be hard to talk to ANYONE
whereas others (swear words & whatnot) usually come up as #### anyway, so surely its fine?

Saying staff members are uptight and need to get laid? Telling people they suck? We managed to communicate no problem in the original game.

I don't think its necessary we get the entire dictionary restriction as it was on VMK, but they definitely need to up moderation if they intend for it to continue this way.

I think there should be more moderation for sure, but most of the red words aren't even inappropriate. I mean, in the original VMK we couldn't even type numbers, y'know?

Andrew

I think every word should be allowed except swear words or inappropriate words. The dictionary definitely needs to be less strict that it was in VMK. It was hard to type stuff at times in VMK because of the words that were restricted.

Fiyero

Saying staff members are uptight and need to get laid? Telling people they suck? We managed to communicate no problem in the original game.
In those situations, none of those words should be banned. It's more just general chat moderation/reporting that needs to happen. People will always get around the dictionary blocking.

Geggy

We all know that double clicking red text allows it to appear. Is this going to stop any time soon? While many people have been advocating for inappropriate language in the game, claiming that mostly adults play, there are some of us who find such language unnecessary and rude. I am not looking to start a debate on the merits of using foul language; I am merely asking if the developers intend to fix this or to let it continue.
I, too, would like to know what their intentions are. Frankly, I'm tired of seeing explicit language in the game...

I think that either they should just block swear words, or just moderate, and if someone reports another person, than they can see what's going on. But I like it better when you have freedom to say more things.

Both names and comments need to be moderated. This would apply to the forums and the game.... same rules. The dictionary needs to be revised. I have seen players call people "as holes" and "fork wad" over shells, talk about drug use, pretending to kill others because the words "kill, stab, shoot, gun, bloody, bloody" can be used and discuss sexual situations. It is silly we cannot say thousand, but we can call people inappropriate names.

They have said they plan to switch from the classic filter to a black list based filter.

Well, lets hope a filter comes soon cause I was in a room today with young ladies giving out personal info. Then clamming there is no way someone could find then by using the internet. When I asked them to not to do that, the insults started. :thumbsdown:

S

Spivey

I honestly would allow a more PG borderline PG-13 word filter. That exempts explicit curse words which bothers a few users, but at the same time allows us to not have to resort to saying things like "bay.be" like we had to as kids.

Most of us are adults now, we don't really need a harsh word filter like VMK had back in the day, just something that removes more vulgar words.

You couldn't be more wrong Jedi. If they live at home I'm pretty sure its NOT okay no matter what age. You obviously don't have kids and please don't say if you did it would be okay.

You couldn't be more wrong Jedi. If they live at home I'm pretty sure its NOT okay no matter what age. You obviously don't have kids and please don't say if you did it would be okay.
No, no, no. I mean, it's okay for the purposes of MyVMK. How you choose to handle your kids isn't my decision. But that's your job to enforce. Not MyVMK's.