Fireworks: Cheating message?

View attachment 856

So this message kept popping up during my last game of fireworks. I was just playing how I normally do.

I'm playing on a laptop using google chrome, I don't know if that will help.

Also, I am able to keep playing the game with the message there, but it does stay up until I click Ok.

In case the image doesn't work, the message says:

Notice:

If you keep trying to cheat you might get banned from Fireworks.

Jasmine

I just got this too. It messed up the whole stage for me =/.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got it 5-6 times in my last game! It messes up your score =/. I seem to get it when I get a lot that say awesome or flawless... Now I can't return to the lobby =/
(I'm on Chrome as well...weird.)

Ohh, If it keeps coming again and again, Please report to an administrator!

Jasmine

what internet provider company do you have, just curious
I have AT&T. I don't see what that'd have to do with problem... I suppose you never know, though.

Haven't came across it yet. Strange if it pops up multiple times. I thought it was a general warning message to all.
I thought it was a general warning message too. I got it once during my first game, and then 5-6 times during the second. I don't even get it until I reach Level 3...

Here's a larger picture:

cyre

I ask this because some ISPs have "speed boosters" that randomly give you an extra boost of speed, which can get picked up by speed cheat trackers and create a false positive. idk if ATT does it though.

So maybe if there's enough people getting this message, Amy can compile those and see if there is a pattern with the ISPs and what's getting picked up by the speed cheat tracker.

Jasmine

I've figured it out... someone in the shoutbox suggested it's because we're double clicking the fireworks, and they're right. I'm not sure why that makes a difference, but it does for some reason.

Whip

I'd assume it's just a bug since several people have reported it occurring when they're playing normally. A possible reasoning might be that you click the firework and your client sends an updated score to the server or sends the firework that you clicked and where you clicked it (Oops, OK, etc). If there was a bug in the client and it send the wrong data (or maybe duplicate data, if you clicked twice very quickly), then the server might think that you're using an external program to cheat the game and lie about what you clicked.

Probably just a desync between what the server knows it sent for you to click and what your client is telling the server you clicked -- I wouldn't worry about being banned for it as long as you're playing fairly :)

That's just my guess, but your ISP's burst speed probably has nothing to do with it.

EDIT: if it is happening on only double clicks, it might make sense that the client is telling the server that you hit two fireworks, which the server doesn't like.