Forums Help - Formatting/Viewing trouble?

ButterflyHeart

Hi, I've been having trouble all of the week viewing forums.

I first began having viewing trouble opening the website on mobile. The "Watched Threads" buttons weren't working and had some weird right arrows on top of them. When I try to click my Username, the huge drop down does not appear. I am also having trouble replying to any thread or starting any conversation, as the text box does not even appear for me to writing something.

I thought it was only a mobile issue, but now I am having issues on my Mac computer (I use safari on both laptop and mobile).

I try switching to other browsers and the problem persists. It seems to go away when I do incognito mode on the same browser, but after a few days the problem appears on incognito mode. I keep switching back and forth.

Has this been happening to anyone? If so, what is going on/ how can you fix it? Ty in advance!

Hello!

Firstly, not to sound sarcastic, but what did you use to post this thread? Just trying to get others a feel for what works and what doesn't until we get this sorted out ;)

Secondly, I had that same problem on my mobile phone, but it stopped yesterday. I have been able to post on my Mac (using Chrome, Safari, and Firefox) so the bug seems random. I haven't tried incognito mode, so that may be a good idea for those messing with it to get it to work.

Hang tight!
-Felicia

ButterflyHeart

Hi! Thanks for your reply! I'm using my mobile device to post these replies. The forums site on incognito mode, on Safari mobile is broken for me (w/issues I mentioned above), but it started working again on regular mobile.

I posted this bc the problem began to spread to my Mac tonight.

Edit: It seems to be working again for me on Incognito mobile, but I still can't post from my Mac computer.

If anybody else can describe what problems they're having please let us know. Include what browser you are using and if you're on Mac, PC, or a mobile device.

Thank you all for your continued patience!

ButterflyHeart

@fronkoreo I just your post in MyVMK "Help!". I got the same prob!

Update: I can post on forums using my Mac computer, on Safari Private mode (aka incognito), but I still can't post on Safari non private.

I've been having the same issue on the PC. When I use Firefox, the Forums show black bars on "spoilers" and I am unable to post or reply. I can access the Forums via Internet Explorer, however, which is why I am able to post this response. Also, in the Internet Explorer side of things, the black bars aren't over the spoilers. Just adding in hopes this will help trouble shoot the issue.

ButterflyHeart

You can post in incognito mode, but not normal mode...Why don't you try clearing your cache&cookies and see if that helps?
I can post again on my Mac! I just cleared history from today and yesterday, and it seems to have worked.

Edit: Since the problem on my Mac started yesterday, it made sense for me to clear cache from these two days.

It could come back though, and it's confusing that this problem ends up occurring on Incognito mode as well. I didn't even clear my cache in mobile and it fixed itself randomly.

Last edited:
I'm currently posting using an incognito window on Chrome.
It seems like my pc and chrome( regular mode) won't show any of the post boxes both quick and extended. Spoilers have become one huge black box until I move my cursor over it and it shows what the spoiler is. So I get a giant box instead of a collapsible spoiler box like i would get a few days ago. All of this seems to have started after I started seeing an option at the end of a page that I've posted on that would let me delete my posts.

If anybody else can describe what problems they're having please let us know. Include what browser you are using and if you're on Mac, PC, or a mobile device.

Thank you all for your continued patience!
Firefox on PC. I had no post reply button, didn't have the dropdown menus under my name or alerts, couldn't view the first couple of sentences when my cursor was over a thread - had to click on it and go into the thread to read. I had already cleared my cache/cookies but it didn't make a difference.

It happened again today so I cleared them again and now I can post (for now). Since it is happening to a few others it must be a site issue and not a personal one imo.

I'm currently posting using an incognito window on Chrome.
It seems like my pc and chrome( regular mode) won't show any of the post boxes both quick and extended. Spoilers have become one huge black box until I move my cursor over it and it shows what the spoiler is. So I get a giant box instead of a collapsible spoiler box like i would get a few days ago. All of this seems to have started after I started seeing an option at the end of a page that I've posted on that would let me delete my posts.
Yes omg i have the same spoiler black box problem when I have this issue. :O

I had this problem when I tried to post from my phone but I use firefox on my laptop anyways so my computer was never effected, but after a couple days my phone went back to normal so now i can do both.

The other day I tried logging on my phone on safari, and when I got in I did not have a box to write a post in, however it was replaced with a box that I clicked on and it said something to the effect of "close thread" and something else. I logged off my phone and got on my computer and didn't have the problem.

The other day I tried logging on my phone on safari, and when I got in I did not have a box to write a post in, however it was replaced with a box that I clicked on and it said something to the effect of "close thread" and something else. I logged off my phone and got on my computer and didn't have the problem.
That's the same problem I had but now it's working on my phone and I didn't do anything so it worked itself out for me lol