Game screen is too small (Windows 8.1)

Jasmine

So I just got a Surface Pro 2. I updated Shockwave and I can get into the game fine; however, when I do, the game screen size is too small. Zooming in and out only makes the issue worse. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Jasmine

Yeah, me too. I was so excited for my SP2, but now I can't even play the game :(.

Jasmine

Thanks, haha ;P

Jasmine

Seriously? No one else has had this problem? :(

Amy

Head Administrator
it's because you have a high screen resolution, it's a good thing but it makes VMK tiny. Right click your desktop (or the tablet equivalent of right clicking x_x) and select screen resolution and change it to something lower. Increase it again when you're done. Sorry, this can't be resolved further until the new client is out.

Jasmine

Thank you! Hopefully it's out soon then :P

Jasmine

I'm still wondering about this... My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. I know there are others who play with the same resolution (or even a higher one) just fine. Even changing my screen resolution didn't solve the issue.

Also, I'm wondering why my screen is normal sized in MyVMK pal... I assumed the screen resolution issue was related to Shockwave.

I can wait for the new client, but this whole thing just doesn't make sense to me.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I'm still wondering about this... My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. I know there are others who play with the same resolution (or even a higher one) just fine. Even changing my screen resolution didn't solve the issue.

Also, I'm wondering why my screen is normal sized in MyVMK pal... I assumed the screen resolution issue was related to Shockwave.

I can wait for the new client, but this whole thing just doesn't make sense to me.
MyVMK Pal wraps the program around the size of the client, therefore making it normal sized regardless of screen resolution. Though, I have no ideas as to why the screen size is being strange with the web client.

Jasmine

Not to self...follow this instructions when i get my Surface...
But changing the screen resolution doesn't work... :P

I updated to Windows 8.1 and I don't have a problem. I am also running 1080p, 1920 x 1080. So your resolution size and Windows 8.1 can't be the problem q:

Jasmine

I updated to Windows 8.1 and I don't have a problem. I am also running 1080p, 1920 x 1080. So your resolution size and Windows 8.1 can't be the problem q:
Yeah, that's what I thought. =/

I know the tablet/laptop/whatever you want to call it has some serious defects (they're being taken care of), but I don't see why they would cause an issue like this.

Jasmine

Just wanted to update:
I'm not sure why, but the game screen is fine in Chrome. (Thank you, Martian_King.)

So this is apparently an IE/Firefox issue... So if anyone else gets a Surface, play on Chrome instead ^_^

Jasmine

Bump...
@Amy I don't know if the game was recently updated or not, but now this issue occurs on all browsers. Chrome used to work fine and adjusting screen resolution still doesn't change anything (it never did).

Bump...
@Amy I don't know if the game was recently updated or not, but now this issue occurs on all browsers. Chrome used to work fine and adjusting screen resolution still doesn't change anything (it never did).
I'm experiencing the same issue. I had been using chrome on my surface and chrome or windows or something updated and now it's small and in the corner. I have yet to find a solution but using VMK Pal/MyVMK Pal has resolved it :)

Jasmine

I'm experiencing the same issue. I had been using chrome on my surface and chrome or windows or something updated and now it's small and in the corner. I have yet to find a solution but using VMK Pal/MyVMK Pal has resolved it :)
Thanks and I'm glad to know it's not just me... Yes, Chrome recently updated a couple days ago, so I'm thinking it might have something to do with that. I'll see if I can downgrade versions and I'll let you know if it works.