Guide To Hosting A Great Guest Room Game!

alice-darling

Probably Smells Like Avocados
Hi everyone! So I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed this but whenever I want to go play a game of Cute or Boot or Trivia, the game tends to be really slow due to the Host not sure on how to run the game. I decided I'd help out those who are unsure how to run a good game, and to continue to get people to come back again!

Cute or Boot:

- Make sure you have ideas BEFORE the game starts!! (usual examples: Disney Character, "ugly", food, etc). I know it bothers players when the Owner pauses the game and asks the players what theme should be next because they don't know what to do... make sure to write some down prior to the game, this will reduce slowness and the game will run a lot smoother.

- If you're running the game, you should still be the one running the game. This means that if someone is out and they ask to watch, by all means they can, but don't ask for a theme or their opinion on who should be safe, it only causes problems. Keep the game fair and make sure YOU'RE the one running it! :)

- Going off by what was stated above, letting the audience vote isn't necessarily a smart move. Even though it is just a game for fun to play, others prefer to just play it fair and let the owner call the shots. Letting the audience have their say may only cause issues due to favoritism and other reasons. Just keep it simple.

- Make sure to state in the Title of the game if the game is Opened or Closed. If the game is currently running, say it is closed in the title, to prevent confused/upset players who entered the room thinking they could play. If the game is open, set it to Open! :)

- Have fun, be honest, be fair, and keep it simple.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia:

Typically most trivia games that take place in MyVMK are Disney related, some are not, anything is perfectly fine!

- Make sure to state what kind of trivia in the description to reduce confusion/upset players.

- Make sure you have questions BEFORE the game has started.

- It's best to not go directly off a site question by question because some people will use to that to cheat and win. (Not always, but sometimes).

- Let users use a search engine in case some questions are too difficult, preventing them using help will only make them use it more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the main two that I've seem to come across, but feel free to comment anything else you'd like me to add!
I hope this helps!

Falling chairs and spinner games. :)

BriarRose

☉ taurus ☽ aquarius ↑ leo
Really great and helpful thread! Also to owners of game rooms: try your best not o go AFK. I was in a cute or boot once and the owner literally went AFK in between every round. It resulted in everyone being ready and just standing around waiting for her. Make sure if you're going to host a game you have enough time to sit down, focus on it and finish it. :)