HACKED :(

mark

10 mins late to everything
I got hacked :/ wanna share your stories on how you got hacked on any gaming/social site? :(

All I did was be ignorant and confident that i'd be so popular on Habbo so this girl msg'd me and said wow your 1st on habbochoice.com... and I "logged in" 30 seconds later I can't log on and wont get a recovery email or anything :( I WORKED OS HARD EFK DJSNFsvdljbk he F

MARK UR BACK!!! I once made a similar mistake myself, i was playing animal jam and i gave my friend my pass for whatever reason and the next day all my stuff was gone, and this was my irl friend so i went to her and yelled at her and she never gave it back but its all cool now c:

That sounds more like phishing to me. The heuristic "do not log into an unofficial site" is something I had to learn the hard way, too. Sucks you lost an account though.

Anyway, when I was in public school, I let somebody onto my RS account, and they ended up changing the password but forgetting what it was. That was their story. (This is more my gullibility than hacking, since they did not hack my account.)
I did eventually get that account back. But, in retrospect, it mattered a lot more to me at the time than it does now.
Then when there was the Neopets fad, guildmates offered to log onto my account to get badges for the site. My account(s) became frozen for this reason. At the time, it was very confusing.
A person I know recently fell for a link for free games on Steam, which ended with them losing their account to a bot that continued spreading a link. Avoided that one.

Lastly, there was a security issue with the password recovery system on a website I moderated. This was exploited and resulted in targeted accounts with short passwords being compromised.

It is hard to be skeptical all the time. Hopefully you know better now what to look for in the future.