Here from Day One Badges Mk II

How long should we give out Day One badges for?

• One day

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • One day, but add a beta badge

Votes: 72 22.2%
  • Two days

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Three days

Votes: 123 38.0%
  • A week

Votes: 60 18.5%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • A month

• 3 months

• A year

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy

Head Administrator
So, the last poll had the majority of people voting for a set amount of time such as a week. So, here's the new poll asking for how long it should be given out for!

When you say "beta badge," do you mean the day 1 badges will be given out on day 1 and then for the rest of the beta period there will be a different badge?

cruise

I like a week but at least three days. Would hate to see some people miss it if they happen to be on vacation with no internet access. A week would give enough time. But I will be fine with three days as well.

I think three days works great especially if the game opens on a Friday. This gives everyone the chance during the weekend to get their badge. :)

Three days is fine, especially if its over a weekend. That way no one can say they didn't have a chance to log in.:sick:

Are you people serious... It's the First Day Badge. Not the first week, first three days, first 48 hours. First day = 24 hours. What's the point of having a "First Day Badge" if it's handed out within the first 72 hours?

Excuses: "Oh but some people have a life, Disney, and they can't get the badge."

You know what that's called? Tough luck. If I have work the day MMK releases and I miss out on the First Day badge, then tough freaking luck for me. To some people, including me, the First Day badge holds a level of prestige. --You were there on day one-- Don't lessen/degrade it by handing it out for the first 72 hours. Just the name alone loses all value because of the fact it'll be obtainable for the first 72 hours.

If 72 hours passes, change the name of it. The name of the badge will, quite literally, no longer mean what it says.

Monorail foresaw this and had a great idea. Since people can't cope with the idea that they'll miss out on something and they have to have everything be "fair." Change the name from "First Day Badge" to "Here Since the Beginning," or something along those lines. That would make more sense rather than handing out the "First Day Badge" during the first 72 hours.

EDIT: As for lag, that's the only foreseeable force that can stop anyone from getting the badge in 24 hours. Even if there were server issues that caused everyone to disconnect. You have T W E N T Y - F O U R hours. That is more than enough time for Amy to tweak things and allow everyone to get online, it was far less than 24 hours for Amy to fix the connection issues the first time on OVMK.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
We should all get day 1 badges only. but then have Beta Pins given out.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you people serious... It's the First Day Badge. Not the first week, first three days, first 48 hours. First day = 24 hours. What's the point of having a "First Day Badge" if it's handed out within the first 72 hours?

Excuses: "Oh but some people have a life, Disney, and they can't get the badge."

You know what that's called? Tough luck. If I have work the day MMK releases and I miss out on the First Day badge, then tough freaking luck for me. To some people, including me, the First Day badge holds a level of prestige. --You were there on day one-- Don't lessen/degrade it by handing it out for the first 72 hours. Just the name alone loses all value because of the fact it'll be obtainable for the first 72 hours.

If 72 hours passes, change the name of it. The name of the badge will, quite literally, no longer mean what it says.

Monorail foresaw this and had a great idea. Since people can't cope with the idea that they'll miss out on something and they have to have everything be "fair." Change the name from "First Day Badge" to "Here Since the Beginning," or something along those lines. That would make more sense rather than handing out the "First Day Badge" during the first 72 hours.
Well if you remember what a fiasco day one was for ovmk.. you would think otherwise. I couldn't get on to the game until 3 in the morning that next day.

It was given out through the entire VMK beta. It's a metaphorical Day 1. Get over logic. This is coming from me. I also think changing the name is a dreadful idea. Did you even see the badge? It's a giant number 1. You don't change the name to Here Since the Beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.