Here from Day One Badges Mk II

How long should we give out Day One badges for?

• One day

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • One day, but add a beta badge

Votes: 72 22.2%
  • Two days

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Three days

Votes: 123 38.0%
  • A week

Votes: 60 18.5%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • A month

• 3 months

• A year

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neverlander

two or three days should be long enough. :)

Alyce

Younger than Dirt..Older than Disneyland
It was given out through the entire VMK beta. It's a metaphorical Day 1. Get over logic. And this is coming from me. And changing the badge name is a horrible idea. Did you need see the badge? It's a giant number 1. You don't change the name to Here Since the Beginning.
Well said :-)

I voted for a week... Especially if there will be no formal opening date announced prior to opening.

Originally, VMK gave the "Day One" badges to everyone who signed up during the entire Beta period. Basically anyone who signed up May of 2005 through June 27, 2005 received the Day One badge. And also, seeing as this particular badge is not a tradeable item, I don't see the issue with making it available a bit longer to allow the dedicated players who may not be able to stand watch for the game to open, to receive the title.

Originally, VMK gave the "Day One" badges to everyone who signed up during the entire Beta period. Basically anyone who signed up May of 2005 through early December 2005 (I forget the actual day) received the Day One badge.
I have to disagree only with the fact part. I started in August 2005 in park and I never had that badge. Is there a source for this information?

I think 2 days is plenty - gives everyone a chance to get on depending on where they are :)

Boatguy

Here's my suggestion:
Day One should be Day 1, not day 2, Day 3, or more...
That being the case, Day 1 should be sufficiently announced so all interested parties have the opportunity to come in on Day 1 if they want the Day 1 badge. By sufficiently announced, I mean the announcement should be posted on in the Forum, on Facebook, and in Twitter.
In addition to the day 1 Badge, that day only the players should get a Black Mickey Ears hat, a Dream shirt, Green Baggy pants, and Green Flips in their wardrobe when joining. Once the game is in Day 2, those garments would no longer be given to new players. They could trade for them at a later period if they want them.
The Beta Badge should go to all players participating in the beta version of the program. Once the game is out of beta, that badge is no longer given to new players.

I think 3 day's is enough for the 'Day one' badge... Though I think throughout all the accounts that are made during Beta are to get a 'Founding Citizen' badge.

Three days is plenty!
It gives anyone who wants it plenty of time to find problems or anything they have !
Im sure there wont be much probs thoo ^^

I have to disagree only with the fact part. I started in August 2005 in park and I never had that badge. Is there a source for this information?
I apologize!! Just checked the VMK Wiki... The Day One badges were given out prior to June 27, 2005.... I mixed up the VMK beta ending date with the beta end date for Smallworlds... My bad!!! But still there were nearly two months time to receive the Day One distinction....

I shall now go and edit my original post

Dashy

I am in agreement with this.

Are you people serious... It's the First Day Badge. Not the first week, first three days, first 48 hours. First day = 24 hours. What's the point of having a "First Day Badge" if it's handed out within the first 72 hours?

Excuses: "Oh but some people have a life, Disney, and they can't get the badge."

You know what that's called? Tough luck. If I have work the day MMK releases and I miss out on the First Day badge, then tough freaking luck for me. To some people, including me, the First Day badge holds a level of prestige. --You were there on day one-- Don't lessen/degrade it by handing it out for the first 72 hours. Just the name alone loses all value because of the fact it'll be obtainable for the first 72 hours.

If 72 hours passes, change the name of it. The name of the badge will, quite literally, no longer mean what it says.

Monorail foresaw this and had a great idea. Since people can't cope with the idea that they'll miss out on something and they have to have everything be "fair." Change the name from "First Day Badge" to "Here Since the Beginning," or something along those lines. That would make more sense rather than handing out the "First Day Badge" during the first 72 hours.

EDIT: As for lag, that's the only foreseeable force that can stop anyone from getting the badge in 24 hours. Even if there were server issues that caused everyone to disconnect. You have T W E N T Y - F O U R hours. That is more than enough time for Amy to tweak things and allow everyone to get online, it was far less than 24 hours for Amy to fix the connection issues the first time on OVMK.

Foamy

Are you people serious... It's the First Day Badge. Not the first week, first three days, first 48 hours. First day = 24 hours. What's the point of having a "First Day Badge" if it's handed out within the first 72 hours?

Excuses: "Oh but some people have a life, Disney, and they can't get the badge."

You know what that's called? Tough luck. If I have work the day MMK releases and I miss out on the First Day badge, then tough freaking luck for me. To some people, including me, the First Day badge holds a level of prestige. --You were there on day one-- Don't lessen/degrade it by handing it out for the first 72 hours. Just the name alone loses all value because of the fact it'll be obtainable for the first 72 hours.

If 72 hours passes, change the name of it. The name of the badge will, quite literally, no longer mean what it says.

Monorail foresaw this and had a great idea. Since people can't cope with the idea that they'll miss out on something and they have to have everything be "fair." Change the name from "First Day Badge" to "Here Since the Beginning," or something along those lines. That would make more sense rather than handing out the "First Day Badge" during the first 72 hours.

EDIT: As for lag, that's the only foreseeable force that can stop anyone from getting the badge in 24 hours. Even if there were server issues that caused everyone to disconnect. You have T W E N T Y - F O U R hours. That is more than enough time for Amy to tweak things and allow everyone to get online, it was far less than 24 hours for Amy to fix the connection issues the first time on OVMK.
The wording is a bit brash, but I agree with you which is why I voted for one day only with a beta badge.

Geggy

Here's my suggestion:
Day One should be Day 1, not day 2, Day 3, or more...
That being the case, Day 1 should be sufficiently announced so all interested parties have the opportunity to come in on Day 1 if they want the Day 1 badge. By sufficiently announced, I mean the announcement should be posted on in the Forum, on Facebook, and in Twitter.
In addition to the day 1 Badge, that day only the players should get a Black Mickey Ears hat, a Dream shirt, Green Baggy pants, and Green Flips in their wardrobe when joining. Once the game is in Day 2, those garments would no longer be given to new players. They could trade for them at a later period if they want them.
The Beta Badge should go to all players participating in the beta version of the program. Once the game is out of beta, that badge is no longer given to new players.
And I have the answer to your suggestion: mules. All of those items being given out to all "Day 1" players is just asking for muling...and that's a whole other thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.