Here from Day One Badges Mk II

How long should we give out Day One badges for?

• One day

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • One day, but add a beta badge

Votes: 72 22.2%
  • Two days

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Three days

Votes: 123 38.0%
  • A week

Votes: 60 18.5%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • A month

• 3 months

• A year

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Here's my suggestion:
Day One should be Day 1, not day 2, Day 3, or more...
That being the case, Day 1 should be sufficiently announced so all interested parties have the opportunity to come in on Day 1 if they want the Day 1 badge. By sufficiently announced, I mean the announcement should be posted on in the Forum, on Facebook, and in Twitter.
In addition to the day 1 Badge, that day only the players should get a Black Mickey Ears hat, a Dream shirt, Green Baggy pants, and Green Flips in their wardrobe when joining. Once the game is in Day 2, those garments would no longer be given to new players. They could trade for them at a later period if they want them.
The Beta Badge should go to all players participating in the beta version of the program. Once the game is out of beta, that badge is no longer given to new players.

Too Much Incentive to crash the servers. The Demand Vs. Rarity scale would be severely imbalanced. The demand for these items would be drastically high but rarity would be severely low for a long while. Everyone would have that outfit simply because green flips and green baggies were the two rarest clothing in VMK and everyone would want their hands on them just because they were rare in another game. Dream shirt and Mickey ears would be in demand due to OVMK making them the two rarest clothing items in the game.

In order to constructively disagree with your idea, atleast make green flips and baggies on sale but change the rarity condition for them. Like change it up. Maybe make blue or red baggies disappear forever. Idk something new!

The wording is a bit brash, but I agree with you which is why I voted for one day only with a beta badge.
Wow, someone who didn't take a public statement personal. I applaud you. Seriously.

Too Much Incentive to crash the servers. The Demand Vs. Rarity scale would be severely imbalanced. The demand for these items would be drastically high but rarity would be severely low for a long while. Everyone would have that outfit simply because green flips and green baggies were the two rarest clothing in VMK and everyone would want their hands on them just because they were rare in another game. Dream shirt and Mickey ears would be in demand due to OVMK making them the two rarest clothing items in the game.

In order to constructively disagree with your idea, atleast make green flips and baggies on sale but change the rarity condition for them. Like change it up. Maybe make blue or red baggies disappear forever. Idk something new!
Rarity will be imbalanced simply because of the fact that people expect a certain item to be rare. Because of that, most items that were rare, won't be.

A good example of this is (if you played RuneScape) when Jagex tried to implement Party Hats (rares) into the 07 servers. Everyone knew they were rare in the "normal" game, so everyone had the mentality that they would be rare also in 07. Thus, everyone horded them, too many were in circulation, and the price difference between the normal game and 07 was like.. 500k/1billion+.

What I think will most likely happen is different items will become rare. However, it is also based on how Amy decides to integrate certain items. How she integrates items will depend on if an item becomes rare.

(I know a lot of what I said had nothing to do with your post, I just said it for good measure. lol)

Geggy

I voted for a week... Especially if there will be no formal opening date announced prior to opening.

Originally, VMK gave the "Day One" badges to everyone who signed up during the entire Beta period. Basically anyone who signed up May of 2005 through June 27, 2005 received the Day One badge. And also, seeing as this particular badge is not a tradeable item, I don't see the issue with making it available a bit longer to allow the dedicated players who may not be able to stand watch for the game to open, to receive the title.
I have to disagree only with the fact part. I started in August 2005 in park and I never had that badge. Is there a source for this information?
The dates are slightly off. You certainly wouldn't have been "Day 1" in Aug'05.

Check the dates on these items (released and retired), and you'll get the dates for VMK's beta period... http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Beta_Clothing

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Wow, someone who didn't take a public statement personal. I applaud you. Seriously.

Rarity will be imbalanced simply because of the fact that people expect a certain item to be rare. Because of that, most items that were rare, won't be.

A good example of this is (if you played RuneScape) when Jagex tried to implement Party Hats (rares) into the 07 servers. Everyone knew they were rare in the "normal" game, so everyone had the mentality that they would be rare also in 07. Thus, everyone horded them, too many were in circulation, and the price difference between the normal game and 07 was like.. 500k/1billion+.

What I think will most likely happen is different items will become rare. However, it is also based on how Amy decides to integrate certain items. How she integrates items will depend on if an item becomes rare.

(I know a lot of what I said had nothing to do with your post, I just said it for good measure. lol)

I played rs07 when they had the party hat drops and the whole server was chaotic. Which is a great analogy. I was just as excited for finding a party hat on the floor as buying a stitch hat in ovmk.

But back on topic: OVMK did it right for the Day one badges.. 3 days is a good strategy. Give a chance for people to know about it as well as an opportunity for ones who were not near a computer for a day to get it.

I think a day 1 badge and beta badge would be nice.

iamabigdisfan

Due to commitments I would say 1 week. Also there might be problems logging in the first few days and it will give everyone the opportunity to log on.

Jasmine

24 hours (or less) is plenty. You either get it, or you don't. It's just a badge.

Why is the poll closed?

3 days is fair, lots of us have other commitments and may not have the time to get logged in the first day! I say let's keep things fair this time around and allow people enough time to get the items!

I think it should be for one day then add the beta badge. this is why: I think on VMK and OVMK they were too forgiving with theses badges. And I think everyone wants this game to be legitimate UNLIKE OVMK, where they went around handing out free bees and making everyone rage. I feel if we let people get badges for A week, three weeks, a MONTH (which are all insane I think) But then whats gonna stop people from wanting a free stitch hat or princess minnie. I get there are commitments, make it for the first 24 hours. which is a big gap in time, in which you or a friend could go online real fast and make a quick account for you to get the badge. I feel that its a very special badge to be EARNED. I believe it shouldn't be awarded for more than 24 hours. But to make a specific beta badge thats red and says "Beta Tester" on it, but people from day one can have both badges...

That is all :)

-Light

It was given out through the entire VMK beta. It's a metaphorical Day 1. Get over logic. This is coming from me. I also think changing the name is a dreadful idea. Did you even see the badge? It's a giant number 1. You don't change the name to Here Since the Beginning.
I concur. Technically all open beta is pre-day 1 so everyone here during Beta will be registered on Day 1.

LOL Vary, don't make another level of complexity. Next thing they will ask for is a Beta-Tester Pin or a Pre-Day 1 pin.....:sick:

I voted for a week... Especially if there will be no formal opening date announced prior to opening.

Originally, VMK gave the "Day One" badges to everyone who signed up during the entire Beta period. Basically anyone who signed up May of 2005 through June 27, 2005 received the Day One badge. And also, seeing as this particular badge is not a tradeable item, I don't see the issue with making it available a bit longer to allow the dedicated players who may not be able to stand watch for the game to open, to receive the title.
My thoughts exactly. ^

Status
Not open for further replies.